• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Announcing the SF Biggest Douchebag Sweet 16!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of glad that it was done - at least now we see that there is somewhat of a consensus on the douchebaggery of some posters.

My suggestion would be to have a "rep system" such as the bodybuilding forum has. The way it works is that when someone makes a good post you give them a positive rep, when they make a bad post you give them a negative rep. The higher the rep points of the person that gives you positive reps, the further up your own reps go; the higher the rep points of the person that gives you negative reps, the further down your own reps go. Also, there is a system to make sure that people are not just repping their friends every day (i.e., you can only rep the same person once a month, you can only rep so many people every 24 hours). That way, at the end of the day, you know who the credible people are that are giving advice and you know who the idiots/trolls/etc. are.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree that it's (mostly) harmless. Although I could also see how it could be hurtful to some people (since I didn't make the cut, it's hard to say how I would feel if I had. I'd like to think I'd be good humored about it, as Manton was, but I still don't think I'd see the point...) I'm not sure I really see the fun part. But perhaps, as Manton observed, it's just one more sign of the generational gap.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
My suggestion would be to have a "rep system" such as the bodybuilding forum has. That way, at the end of the day, you know who the credible people are that are giving advice and you know who the idiots/trolls/etc. are.
I dunno, SF has so few trolls and idiots compared to most boards that I don't see the point. Those few trolls we have are often actually funny and when the idiots say something they're usually corrected fast enough that there's no harm done. I don't know if we're just lucky or if the mods are doing something magical, but I'd like to take this opportunity to thank them just in case.
wink.gif

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Goodness, I'm gone for two days and douchebaggery explodes. I do hope someone nominated me in the original thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads