• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ande Whall Denim

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I really don't think there's a way to **** up your leather patch short of cutting it up with an exacto knife. Who cares if it's got marks on it?

I think my V2 grifters are my favorite jeans ever. I'm sorry I didn't get a pair of the last version with the stf denim and leather tag. I'm not crazy about the accurates or the linen tag, but I'm sure it's easy to remove both.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I really don't think there's a way to **** up your leather patch short of cutting it up with an exacto knife. Who cares if it's got marks on it? I think my V2 grifters are my favorite jeans ever. I'm sorry I didn't get a pair of the last version with the stf denim and leather tag. I'm not crazy about the accurates or the linen tag, but I'm sure it's easy to remove both.
Some patches will splinter and crack (and can fall apart) from the boiling water. Or they can just go from being supple to hard, all depends on the leather (I still think the deerskin that KMW uses is the nicest patch
inlove.gif
)

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually like the linen patch. nod to the 201's perhaps? ande needs a slim buckle back. perhaps slackers in buckle back. hint hint, after my grifters, i will want a pair of those.

altemp

Reaction score
The new price range just put these out of my budget. A shame really, when I was going to make them my next pair. :/

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that I will still buy another pair of Ande's as my next pair, even with the price hike, but the increased price sort of puts him in competition with brands like Samurai and Somet... Sure he has lots of unique features and the construction is great I love the jeans. But when you were doing a toss up between APC, Nudie, Naked and Famous, or Ande Whall... it was pretty much no contest...

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I soaked my STF Cougars yesterday. Wore them today for about 6 hours. The waist stretched out a ton even with a belt. I hope they don't stretch any further. These might be my fat jeans.

altemp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Listi
I think that I will still buy another pair of Ande's as my next pair, even with the price hike, but the increased price sort of puts him in competition with brands like Samurai and Somet... Sure he has lots of unique features and the construction is great I love the jeans. But when you were doing a toss up between APC, Nudie, Naked and Famous, or Ande Whall... it was pretty much no contest...

I don't know why someone would do a toss up between 3 brands in one price range and one that's over $100 higher. Given the choice, I would probably take some sams or somets over ande whalls, but that's just me. Before it was close enough to to things like APCs to justify the $70 higher price but the new price just seems a little off, especially when the leather patch is gone (which I was pretty let down by).

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That's his point.... Before AW was an easy choice given the competition within the price range, now there are many more choices, and AW will have to outshine them if he wants to pull their customers (which he won't do with a linen patch imo). I understand that the guy's got to do what he's got to do to keep food on the table but he made it much harder on himself with the price hike. I've got to admit, AW was very high on my list for next denim purchase before but now not so much (although I have also been moving more towards eccentric denim), I'd rather get something more unique (super heavy, experimental dyes, etc.) than just a plain pair of jeans. All in all though, I wish him the best of luck

masterllama

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
That's his point.... Before AW was an easy choice given the competition within the price range, now there are many more choices, and AW will have to outshine them if he wants to pull their customers (which he won't do with a linen patch imo). I understand that the guy's got to do what he's got to do to keep food on the table but he made it much harder on himself with the price hike. I've got to admit, AW was very high on my list for next denim purchase before but now not so much (although I have also been moving more towards eccentric denim), I'd rather get something more unique (super heavy, experimental dyes, etc.) than just a plain pair of jeans. All in all though, I wish him the best of luck

i completely agree.

before it was people making the stretch from APC's, Naked, Nudies to the ande whall jeans.

now, i'd rather make teh stretch from Ande Whalls and invest in some top quality japanese jeans like iron heart, flat head, somet, etc.

nonissue

Reaction score
Yah, I think he had a nice position inbetween apc/n&f and higher end like somet and samurai. probably won't make these my next purchase, but i don't mind the linen patch at all. really isn't a make or break thing for me.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by altemp
I don't know why someone would do a toss up between 3 brands in one price range and one that's over $100 higher. Given the choice, I would probably take some sams or somets over ande whalls, but that's just me. Before it was close enough to to things like APCs to justify the $70 higher price but the new price just seems a little off, especially when the leather patch is gone (which I was pretty let down by).

When it was between like $150 APC $200 Nudie $160~? N&F and $198 Ande Whall, Ande Whall was SO FAR AHEAD. It was no contest.

Now he has to compete against...

Samurai - This denim easily surpasses Ande Whall's in weight with 17-19oz models for almost the same price.

Somet - Great cuts, interesting details (gold rivets, thigh darts) and they seem to get a lot of love so I'm sure the construction is excellent.

KMW - Natural indigo.

I mean, Ande Whall is awesome, and I have no doubt his jeans can stand up to the competition. But it's a much tougher playing field now, and his customer base is going to be split...

His cone jeans were definitely worth $250+ but he was selling for $200. Which is basically amazing. Now his $250+ worth jeans are going for $250+ they are still worth it but it's no longer the greatest deal of the jeans world anymore.

PolePosition

Reaction score
The problem I forsee with the linen patch is that it would stain easily from the indigo...or is this a nonissue?

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
The problem I forsee with the linen patch is that it would stain easily from the indigo...or is this a nonissue?

The bigger issue at hand is the perceived quality downgrade...

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ConcernedParent
The bigger issue at hand is the perceived quality downgrade...
Yes I'd say this is the case. He changed from leather patch to linen patch and copper hardware to steel (?) hardware while upping the price $40. Although keeping in mind he added chambray pockets (awesome,) roped hems, and heavier denim, I do think it justifies the price increase. Although I've already made up my mind that when I get a new pair of Ande's I'm going to swap patches with my old Ande's. If he hasn't readded a leather patch option, that is. And I'm also pretty sure I'm going to go for a pair of slackers next (sized down 1 from Grifters, hoping for a slightly tighter fit below the knee and more room for ******.) Chinook ordered some of the new jeans so he'll have a report on them up probably soon when he receives them.

Masako

Reaction score
I just ordered a new pair of the Cougars as well. I'll report back when I receive them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads