• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Blog Marley

Reaction score
Seriously JapanAlex is the worst poster on SF. He has to be trolling right? I've never ever seen a person whose opinions were so wrong. We really should stop entertaining his thoughts...

And CtK is right except I find myself branching out to different genres. I'm happiest listening to pre-2000s hip-hop (with exceptions). LIked the new Cool Kids album but after multiple listens seems a bit underwhelming. My homie keeps trying to put me onto these white rappers and I have no idea where he sees the appeal (Mac Miller, Ian J, Logic, Chris Webby, etc.) **** makes me sad.

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously, JapanAlex01 is the worst poster on SF. He has to be trolling, right? I've never ever seen a person whose opinions were so wrong. We really should stop entertaining his thoughts...

And CtK is right except I find myself branching out to different genres. I'm happiest listening to pre-00s hip hop (with exceptions). Liked the new Cool Kids album, but after multiple listens, seems a bit underwhelming. My homie keeps trying to put me onto these white rappers, and I have no idea where he sees the appeal (Mac Miller, Ian J, Logic, Chris Webby, etc); **** makes me sad.

You're just not listening to the right hip hop! You're seriously telling me you don't like any of the rappers from the list I posted last page? I just feel sorry for you because, one, you're missing out on great music, and two, you're losing out on personal development!

Lol, seriously, you don't know what 'trolling' is. Just because my opinion is different than yours (and, quite frankly, superior; it's been made apparent) doesn't mean I am a troll... seriously, just go give your dad a ********, asshole!

Last edited:

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

It exasperates me when people say rap hasn't been good since (insert stupid, meaningless time here). M.I.A., Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Eminem, OutKast, Buck 65, Saigon, Ghostface Killah, Missy Elliott, The Roots, Shad, Die Antwoord, Big Boi, Das Racist, K'naan, Mos Def, Doom, Madvillian, Lady Sovereign, Jay-Z (sometimes), Clipse, Lupe Fiasco, The Coup, T.I., Nas, Dan le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip, Blaqstarr, Nine 11 Thesaurus, The Lonely Island, Beastie Boys, Ski Beatz, Nicki Minaj, the list goes on...

Most unintentionally funny post in this thread.

Last edited:

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really hate talk like this. It's so mindlessly melodramatic and lazy. Especially in the context of

and

The volume of rap has diluted the whole, but there are still great works and new artists coming out. Stop being so ******* jaded and lazy.

Well he did inspired, which is not quite the same as good.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All of those artists are good. If you don't think so, well... get your ears examined! :confused:

Unfortunately I replied, before reading your previous post. Clearly you are a troll, or simple stupid , but in either case someone to be ignore.

B Hamilton

Reaction score

I would be surprised if Ye wrote all his lyrics, I'm equally surprised people think Ye is a particularly good rapper. He is clever occasionally but he certainly isn't a lyrical master. He does make great songs though I haven't listened to none of his recent work, he's trying way to hard for me, made me not want to hear the music. My favorite Kanye verse is from Put on for My City with Jeezy.

I think I'm most impressed with how much he's improved since pre-college dropout and college dropout itself. Some of his lyrics were cringe-worthy bad back then. He's my favorite rapper to listen to - his delivery is on point. he's at his best when he drops humor into it.

misnomer

Reaction score
I haven't read all of the thread, but anyone hitting up rock the bells? The lineup is insane this year.

Philip

Reaction score
Lil Wayne lol. Has anyone ever noticed that when you watch hip hop videos on youtube the comments with the most thumbs up are ALWAYS comments about how **** Lil Wayne is? I mean, sure he's bad, but it looks like he's getting the wrap for every bad rapper out there.

Philip

Reaction score

I haven't read all of the thread, but anyone hitting up rock the bells? The lineup is insane this year.

LJHGKLJDFHGDKLFJGHD NAS AND PETE ROCK FFAAARRRRKKKK

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A friend said this about Nas: If choosing bad beats killed people, Nas would be Hitler. :lol:

He needs a good exec producer to choose all his beats for him.

Last edited:

misnomer

Reaction score
Lil wayne put out two killer mixtapes, dude deserves some props.

I'm more freaking out over blackstar for rock the bells than nas. Whole lineup is stacked though.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it still cool to listen to Drake? I downloaded "Thank Me Later" the other day, a full year after it's release actually , and for the most part enjoyed all of the tracks. Can anyone reccomend any other rappers with a similiar style? pandora would be a good way to find other artists but I don't want to listen to 10 ****** rappers to get to a good one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads