• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

All Things Hippity and Hoppity

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpeirpont
I find it amusing you nerd rap lovers are question such a common opinion .
NYTime album of the Year.
http://hiphopwired.com/2010/12/21/th...m-of-the-year/

Rapradar #2 Album of the Year
http://rapradar.com/2011/01/07/10-be...ss-teflon-don/

Swizz beatz say he is the best out.
http://www.sohh.com/2010/12/swizz_be...rapper_ye.html

I don't give a **** what anyone has to say, dude's a cornball. He might be the best rapper out NOW, but he's third rate compared to the best rappers of all time, and his dominance is only indicative of the generally ****** music coming out of the rap world. Seriously, if you think Ross holds a candle to the likes of Jay, Em, Biggie, Pac, pass the dutch upon the lef han side cause thats some quality bud you're puffing.

Originally Posted by Nil
1.gif

Charles Hamilton has always been and will always be wack. Last I heard from him was that youtube clip of him ambushing Serius Jones in a barbershop to freestyle and getting his ass handed to him.

I mean, dude's a nut and def has a terrible image, but if you need your rappers to have a good image to enjoy their music
uhoh.gif

Dude's more talented than damn near any rapper out now, yea, Jay, Wayne, whoever, but if we're gonna make cosigns, "coolness" and image the deciding factors of what's hot in hip hop we might as well turn the **** over now

Gingahbman

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^

I'm gonna have to agree on this one. As much as he is marsupialed and probably semi crazy, you can't say Charles is a whack rapper. I'm not claiming that he's one of the best, but he's a great work in progress. I thought "Binge 3" was a pretty good mixtape and always been a fan of "The Pink Lavalamp"... but to each their own.

On a side note, what did people think about the last N.E.R.D album? I still bump "God Bless Us All" religiously, but still don't know if I really enjoyed it as a whole.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought "Nothing" was a pretty weak disc. N.E.R.D. peaked w/their second album, the last two were less happy campy fun **** and more poor man's BEP

I mean I can play In Search Of or Fly Or Die the whole way through, the last two only have like 2-3 good songs. Sucks. I think the Asian dude bailed.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
the irony

No irony. I think either of Ross' last two albums were better than SlaughterHouse's. I know they were promoted as some sort of saviors of real rap,but I just see them as boring rappers who failed to ever blow up independently, they are more pretension than anything else,

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SH sucks man, their release was one of the worst major ones to drop. One dimensional and boring

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gingahbman

And Rick Ross is not the "best" rapper right now, lol. Just because you have a peach fuzz buzz right now, you can't qualify as the best rapper. He should stick to what he does best, getting crab meat stuck in his beard. Citing the media doesn't really help your cause. Every year XL and other magazines do there best rapper lists and **** never makes any sense.

I believe Ross has been reasonably popular for years especially for those who like street orientated rap. I only used those links to show it wasn't an out of the ordinary opinion. Plus Swizz's opinion certainly legitimate, but still I didn't use it change anyone's mind. He for certain the best rapper out now, anyone who disagrees would just be wrong and that is ok.

Gingahbman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cool The Kid
SH sucks man, their release was one of the worst major ones to drop. One dimensional and boring

One dimensional? Definitely. Boring? I don't know about that one!!! Haven't heard the new EP yet, but on their self titled album, Sound Off, Lyrical Murders, Microphone, and The One definitely bumped.

As for one of the most disappointing drops as of recent, I'll have to put Kid Cudi's 2nd album on that list. Love Cudi, but hated that album. Lupe gets a free pass because he even admitted his album sucks and that the studio hijacked that ish.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*EDIT* Too strong of a response. Rappers need to focus on being entertaining and having technical depth. People in the game I consider wack are rappers who for whatever reason aren't doing both (i.e., SH just being lyrical, Gucci Mane just being entertaining). The best rappers (Cam, Biggavell, Biggie, old Jay) did both.

Dinhilion

Reaction score
Fuuuuuuuck- lasers sucks . Not just a little, it is really bad. Not a single song I want to listen to again bad. I am a lupe dick rider but, wow just wow.er

Gingahbman

Reaction score
*EDIT* Too strong of a response. Rappers need to focus on being entertaining and having technical depth. People in the game I consider wack are rappers who for whatever reason aren't doing both (i.e., SH just being lyrical, Gucci Mane just being entertaining). The best rappers (Cam, Biggavell, Biggie, old Jay) did both.

Good point.

SeanathonHuff

Reaction score
I mean, dude's a nut and def has a terrible image, but if you need your rappers to have a good image to enjoy their music
uhoh.gif
Dude's more talented than damn near any rapper out now, yea, Jay, Wayne, whoever, but if we're gonna make cosigns, "coolness" and image the deciding factors of what's hot in hip hop we might as well turn the **** over now

Its not that he has a bad image, he's straight unlikeable; he dropped a battle line about a girl he hooked up needing an abortion, in a battle with that girl (why he got punched). Backpacker, gangsta, jokerap, whatever... image doesn't matter if you're a bad person.

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Max B?

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SeanathonHuff
Its not that he has a bad image, he's straight unlikeable; he dropped a battle line about a girl he hooked up needing an abortion, in a battle with that girl (why he got punched). Backpacker, gangsta, jokerap, whatever... image doesn't matter if you're a bad person.
Cmon bro. Biggie openly cheated on his wife & bay mah. Big Pun cheated on his wife. Countless rappers sold drugs and committed crime in their communities. Let's not play the morality card now, you might as well toss half your collection. I agree his abortion line and Dilla fiasco were bad news, but I find it funny that the rap community turns a blind eye to likes like "i dont care if ya pregnant gimme the baby rings and the #1 mom pendant" but cry foul for CH. No bias, just an observation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads