• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

adventures in bespoke: Chittleborough & Morgan

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've been derelict with my pics, apologies. First week of September I'll be sure to take shots of the completed DB, the adjusted first commission grey sharkskin, and the most recent 3-piece in 13oz Smiths grey PoW.

To clarify on the NY trips, it will be Michael taking the lead on this and he'll mirror G&G's travel schedule. It's great for C&M to make its US return following a significant hiatus.

Can you do some without the coat please to seat the fit of the trousers and waistcoat?

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's great for C&M to make its US return following a significant hiatus.

It is indeed. Though, to be frank, I have been disappointed by their bizarre pricing strategy and scheduling for the trip - American customers will pay a (decent) premium to the UK price, with no discount on CMT. That coupled with the fact that they intend to visit only twice a year makes me believe that their re-entry to the U.S. market may be unsuccessful and short-lived. I hope I'm wrong.

Look forward to seeing your pics!

Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It is indeed. Though, to be frank, I have been disappointed by their bizarre pricing strategy and scheduling for the trip - American customers will pay a (decent) premium to the UK price, with no discount on CMT. That coupled with the fact that they intend to visit only twice a year makes me believe that their re-entry to the U.S. market may be unsuccessful and short-lived. I hope I'm wrong.

Look forward to seeing your pics!

Do you know how much they were asking for a suit?

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a length of fabric that I think will make up ideally with their style but I don't know when I'll have it made up. How much do they charge in London?

Master Bespoke

Reaction score
Your right shoulder is set lower that why is wrinkle at armpit ( armhole ) both front and back of coat, your erect proportion that why also wrinkle at waist line of back of the coat but over all They did the fine job.

Master Bespoke

Reaction score
I am 44 years as Master Bespoke Tailor graduated from Acadamy coupe de Paris 1972 now work with Nordstrom but soon will be opening Bespoke Tailor at San Francisco.

No offense the suit looking good and classic and quality of craftsman ship but too formal, that is Savile Row.

My system classic craftsman. But the way I drawing and cutting pattern more modern like James Bond more short coat and short rise and trouser more trim at the legs.

Tailor is an art and each tailor have different vision in fashion trend.

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of meeting these gentlemen at their storefront last month in London while visiting Matthew of Steed (I think Steed rents space out of C&M). Fantastic pieces, I was blown away by a particular double breasted they had out - the lapels are truly unique and distinctive.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I am 44 years as Master Bespoke Tailor graduated from Acadamy coupe de Paris 1972 now work with Nordstrom but soon will be opening Bespoke Tailor at San Francisco.

No offense the suit looking good and classic and quality of craftsman ship but too formal, that is Savile Row.

My system classic craftsman. But the way I drawing and cutting pattern more modern like James Bond more short coat and short rise and trouser more trim at the legs.

Tailor is an art and each tailor have different vision in fashion trend.
The audience here won't really appreciate the modern suits you are making

Master Bespoke

Reaction score
You need to have self respect and some respect for my opinion, I did not advertise anything hear just contributed my knowledge for the man spend £4,000.00 for his suit, so next time he know what is the cause to talk with his tailor.
My advice to you just speake for yourself not for whole audiences.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads