• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Adriano Goldschmied Denim?

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
I have a pair of Hero's that I really like. While they may not go over well here, I find that fit is good for me. Keep your eyes on Gilt Group for good prices on AG.

sbbbjm

Reaction score
yeah, a few months ago i was at nordstrom and they had all of the different aged jeans in that series, and they were some of the best washed jeans i've seen in a while. very subtle, sophisticated branding and the washes were very realistic.

they had about 6 different pairs and they lined them up according to how old they were supposed to be.

the funny thing is, they put them in the 'older man' section with the lucky's and quieter button shirts by tommy bahama and the like. but, these look better than anything i've seen in the trendy, young 'rail' section.

i'd buy em on sale. i can't justify spending more than $120 bucks on designer jeans.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bumpin this because I am interested in gettin some AG's, saw the AG-ed by AG Denim Collection at Barneys and really like the washes.... not sure on cuts though, guess it would be best to try them on in person...

has any one tried the newer AG models? I used to hate their denim back in the day (3+ years ago) but I am really diggin the new washes.. my biggest gripe back in the day was the flimsyness and quality of the denim but I am assuming things have changed? hopefully since they are charging $300+ per pair.

Mark C.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mauro
Adriano Goldschmied is a wash and denim master. The guy is legit.

I concur. AG has been in the denim industry for many, MANY years. I've never worn any AG's but I respect the guy's legacy.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know any online places I can pick up the AG protege 'slim straight' in AG-ed 6, 12, or 25 yr.????

I have tried them on and liked them but not wanting to pay full price for them at Barneys and Neiman

ddoonie

Reaction score
Not sure if you can get from their actual site, but they have a coupon code for 30% off...

luckybreaks1

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Their denim is not cheap at all. They use some really good Mills for the Ag'ed line. The buttons I believe are sterling silver for the raw ones. ALL made in Japan to boot.

david123

Reaction score
Does anyone have any up to date tips on where to get these cheaply? I really like the Protege fit but don't want to pay anywhere near retail. Their online outlet store seems to be down and there isn't much on Ebay.

alex99

Reaction score
Originally Posted by david123
Does anyone have any up to date tips on where to get these cheaply? I really like the Protege fit but don't want to pay anywhere near retail. Their online outlet store seems to be down and there isn't much on Ebay.

I bought a pair of dark blue AGs (Protege) from Bloomingdales for 30% off a few months ago. Barneys has them on sale occasionally too. The problem is that if you go to the AG web site you will see they have a huge selection, especially for the Protege line, and most stores will only pick up a few different styles. If you are picky and want their nicest stuff, just buy direct and pay retail. The popular styles often sell out even at retail.

phxlawstudent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of protege's at the Rack for $20 + the sale discount, whatever it was at the time, I think it was 25% extra off. Had to buy them. They were undistressed too.

But... I think the regular price for them at the Rack is $100 or so. Mine were previously altered. The leg opening is rather large, kind of feels like a boot cut. If they weren't so damned cheap I would be pissed that I actually bought a pair.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by uhurit
The washes may be alright, but the denim...the denim is thin+soft+flimsy

But it's still better than any other sub $200 crap out there, which is really crap.

Makeshift_Robot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ If I had 200 dollars for new jeans I would buy some nice raws off of B&S; you can get Dior 19cms for 200 if you wait.

I used to work at a place that sold AG women's jeans, I just kind of mentally filed them with all the other tacky overpriced denim. I mean, if you're looking for something that's as bland and safe as possible, sure, a pair of AGs would go great with your Theory military blazer and JCrew buttondown and Prada sneakers.

But why would you ever want that?

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Makeshift_Robot
you can get Dior 19cms for 200 if you wait.

We're not going to "wait" though.

I could get RRL for $99 if I "wait".

Let's compare apples to apples, pal.

AG makes great jeans for normal body types. Perhaps someday you'll grow into them.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Khstksne