• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2019 shoe revival challenge - the legend continues

florent

Reaction score
Mine arrived too

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we put our entries here or wait for that thread to pop up by month end?

I have found my muse!

I will create separate thread for entries!

mariusscott

Reaction score
Found my pair last week and think almost done. They are my size but unsure what I may want to do with them, picked them based on finding anything in the range and that I suspected they were from the 1950s/60s so a better time.

Attachments

• IMG_8226.jpg
    IMG_8226.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_8230.jpg
    IMG_8230.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_8232.jpg
    IMG_8232.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 137

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time getting anyone below $24. They have an overinflated sense of the market for ratchet shoes in obscure sizes. :brick::brick::brick:

Thomas Crown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having a hard time getting anyone below $24. They have an overinflated sense of the market for ratchet shoes in obscure sizes. :brick::brick::brick:
Worst case scenario-pick up some disasters at a thrift store-they might not be anything you’d want to wear or even fit,but they’ll still be a good challenge

Last edited:

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to find a challenge-worthy pair in our size when you add the price and date restrictions.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worst case scenario-pick up some disasters at a thrift store-they might not be anything you’d want to wear or even fit,but they’ll still be a good challenge

My time is valuable. If I’m going to work on a pair of shoes, they need to fit. I have several pairs I’d really like to get to already backed up in queue, including last year’s challenge pair of Freeman’s that never got touched.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My time is valuable. If I’m going to work on a pair of shoes, they need to fit. I have several pairs I’d really like to get to already backed up in queue, including last year’s challenge pair of Freeman’s that never got touched.
You and I should have worked this out in advance since we’re both 13B.
I’ve got a couple pairs just like that. They’re my size, and I bought them for the right price, and now they’re just waiting to be worked on.
Next year maybe we could trade pairs to work on (for $1 or something).

ORLThrifter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a couple pairs just like that. They’re my size, and I bought them for the right price, and now they’re just waiting to be worked on.
I've got some 13A AE Fifth Aves in black. Not sure they're destroyed enough to be a contest shoe, but I can keep an eye out for 13's if you ever need an assist. See a lot in my area.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll sell you a pair of brown Freeman Free Flex LWBs for $10 plus shipping. Size 13A. (I paid $15 + $13 shipping).

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you a pair of brown Freeman Free Flex LWBs for $10 plus shipping. Size 13A. (I paid $15 + $13 shipping).

View attachment 1231941 View attachment 1231942
Thanks. I’ve already started on a pair that isn’t my size. They’re a 12D, so they shouldn’t have a problem finding a home when I’m done. I do wish that I could have worked on a pair that’s my size.

eTrojan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve already started on a pair that isn’t my size. They’re a 12D, so they shouldn’t have a problem finding a home when I’m done. I do wish that I could have worked on a pair that’s my size.

My goal on these was to strip them fully and re-dye as Cardinal and Gold spectators (a la @Shoonoob ) that I can wear on game day. I may still get around to that at some point.

instigateur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally found and secured a pair. Hopefully they get here in time.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads