• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2009 US Open Thread

CunningSmeagol

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bobyoung7
?????

???????

Also have you seen her brother???
drool.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Holy crap that has to be photoshopped. She's got bigger arms than Nadal!

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Holy crap that has to be photoshopped. She's got bigger arms than Nadal!

Definitely Photoshopped.

I like Cibulkova for her ***** and diminutive stature.

Roger all the way.

jaac

Reaction score
the de-evolution to straight power game has turned womens tennis into a snoozefest. I miss Henin and Hingis.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
I miss Hingis' smile and drop shots.

When you think about it, the people who should have inherited the women's game to be on top right now, Sharapova, Henin and Clijsters are either struggling to recover from injury or retirement, or still in retirement. The serbs have been a huge flash-in-the-pan disappointment. So the people who are at the top right now are the Williamses, who should be on their way out, and Safina, who should still be on her way up and developing as a professional... because she doesn't look like one right now. Dementieva and Kuznetsova were always middle-top-10 players and were never going to be better than that. I hope Azarenka turns out.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What happened in the end of the Kirilenko-Radwanska match? I was following the scoreboard, and the last point took like 30 minutes to play out?

bobyoung7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
I miss Hingis' smile and drop shots.

When you think about it, the people who should have inherited the women's game to be on top right now, Sharapova, Henin and Clijsters are either struggling to recover from injury or retirement, or still in retirement. The serbs have been a huge flash-in-the-pan disappointment. So the people who are at the top right now are the Williamses, who should be on their way out, and Safina, who should still be on her way up and developing as a professional... because she doesn't look like one right now. Dementieva and Kuznetsova were always middle-top-10 players and were never going to be better than that. I hope Azarenka turns out.

Why should they be on their way out? Martina Navratilova played at a very high level until she was old.

denning

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Outside of her leg problems, Oudin looked very good today. She hits a deep ball, moves really well, and moves her opponent around the court a ton. Her serve needs some moe pace, but overall her playing style kind of reminds me of Agassi at his prime.

cheessus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Women's tennis is aboslutely horrendous to watch, unless thee are two hot chicks playing (maybe one is ok if she' looks really good). Double faults, unforced errors, lack of creative play. WTF. I watch it for the bouncing *******.

jaac

Reaction score
I dream of an Ivanovic/Safina final oneday, the choke levels would be amazing. Errors records for sure.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads