• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

13.5 oz Cone Mills Selvedge, Made in San Fransisco, and only $81? Kickstarter

wilcoholic

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that the prices are slowly creeping up?

I mean they used to have $81 and $99 denim and $20 referral bonus. Now they reduced the bonus to $5, increased the international shipping to $23 and their latest fabric have all been $99 or even higher. Some of these fabrics were cheaper in the past compared to the recent campaigns.

xizenta

Reaction score

Has anyone noticed that the prices are slowly creeping up? 

I mean they used to have $81 and $99 denim and $20 referral bonus. Now they reduced the bonus to $5, increased the international shipping to $23 and their latest fabric have all been $99 or even higher. Some of these fabrics were cheaper in the past compared to the recent campaigns. 

Yes, every business that starts out their operation on the model of affordability and great value always seems to follow that trend! Anyone here ever frequent Jackthre4ds when they FIRST opened? They used to have amazing deals, now everything is just meh, they totally jacked up the prices once they found enough of a customer base. When you don't have a strong brand name, you have to win on the basis of price -- but once your price improves your brand, you can charge more and more. Even if they add $81 fabrics again, with the referral bonus cut, every jean is at least $15 more expensive!

Last edited:

joshgustin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, every business that starts out their operation on the model of affordability and great value always seems to follow that trend! Anyone here ever frequent Jackthre4ds when they FIRST opened? They used to have amazing deals, now everything is just meh, they totally jacked up the prices once they found enough of a customer base. When you don't have a strong brand name, you have to win on the basis of price -- but once your price improves your brand, you can charge more and more. Even if they add $81 fabrics again, with the referral bonus cut, every jean is at least $15 more expensive!
Happy to comment on the price points a bit.

We try to be very responsive to what our wearers ask for. Recently we’ve been getting requests for more unusual fabrics - unique warp/weft blends, heavy weights, etc. These rare fabrics are usually also more expensive than traditional indigo/white selvedge denims, and that drives the final prices higher.

A great example is the Grey Silk fabric we offered. It’s a very rare and expensive selvedge from Italy. It was our lowest margin product despite being the highest price we’ve offered at $127. We saw 3x1 denim out of New York offered this fabric for $650 per pair, so we still think the value is pretty solid.

Stephen and I see a lot of brands “cutting out the middle man” but just keeping the margin for the company. Our goal is to run a much more efficient business and return the savings to you. It’s not just about cutting out the middle man for us. It’s also about lining up supply and demand each time. That’s why we can actually sustain true wholesale prices long term.

Hope this helps explain our model a bit. Thanks.

luc9488

Reaction score

Anyone interested in a #2 Organic Indigo Slvg. Chambray, labeled S but measures as XS? Only washed, not worn. I love the shirt, but it's too small for me.

Hey, do you still have this shirt? I'd consider buying it.

Last edited:

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

We try to be very responsive to what our wearers ask for. Recently we’ve been getting requests for more unusual fabrics - unique warp/weft blends, heavy weights, etc. These rare fabrics are usually also more expensive than traditional indigo/white selvedge denims, and that drives the final prices higher.

A great example is the Grey Silk fabric we offered. It’s a very rare and expensive selvedge from Italy. It was our lowest margin product despite being the highest price we’ve offered at $127. We saw 3x1 denim out of New York offered this fabric for $650 per pair, so we still think the value is pretty solid.

Stephen and I see a lot of brands “cutting out the middle man” but just keeping the margin for the company. Our goal is to run a much more efficient business and return the savings to you. It’s not just about cutting out the middle man for us. It’s also about lining up supply and demand each time. That’s why we can actually sustain true wholesale prices long term.

So, are you off-setting the cost of the more expensive cloth by increasing prices generally? Up to now I'm not seeing any direct requests being met either

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please bring the Grey Silks back!

gustin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So, are you off-setting the cost of the more expensive cloth by increasing prices generally? Up to now I'm not seeing any direct requests being met either

Nope - each denim is priced on its own. We've released two heavier denims in the last two weeks (in response to customer feedback), a bunch of different weft fabrics (GreyXBlack, BlueXBlack, GreyXGrey, Grey Silk) as well as a darker belt, new plaid shirts, etc.,

What requests are you not seeing met?

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nope - each denim is priced on its own. We've released two heavier denims in the last two weeks (in response to customer feedback), a bunch of different weft fabrics (GreyXBlack, BlueXBlack, GreyXGrey, Grey Silk) as well as a darker belt, new plaid shirts, etc.,

What requests are you not seeing met?

I didn't see these as direct responses to requests but to be fair I don't follow all the fora you guys are on! Also, aren't the heavier denims re-releases, with increased prices?
I'm not hating, I'm actually just a bit pissed that with price increases and the vat and charges incurred in the UK the stuff isn't in that great price point so much anymore. My heavy Americans wound up costing about £100 based on an $81 price. Still waiting on the double indi re-release tho!

DC Office Hack

Reaction score
I'm wearing my Gustin jeans right now. I just love the fabric. I realize that's Cone's work, not Gustin's but still, I'm really pleased I bought these.

Just felt like sharing the love.

clubberlang

Reaction score
Waiting on my first pair right now. Backed the okayamas that ship in December. Really hoping it's early December!

gustin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Waiting on my first pair right now. Backed the okayamas that ship in December. Really hoping it's early December!

This fabric is at our shop, and will get started with the next cut ticket we submit!

winterland

Reaction score
I have the Gustin Natural Classic belt. Love it. Have the Black2 Jeans on order. Belt fit great and am hoping also the jeans will fit. I see some complaining about fit but usually it is become they did not follow Gustin's directions for measureing. https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide The belt guide is on the belt ordering page.

Only suggestions I have had are heavier denim jeans, which they have added and also I believe heavier denim and flannel shirts like Iron Heart sells would go over great. A black shirt like this would be great. Black over Indigo so the black fades to indigo in jeans and shirts also.

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Gustin Natural Classic belt. Love it. Have the Black2 Jeans on order. Belt fit great and am hoping also the jeans will fit. I see some complaining about fit but usually it is become they did not follow Gustin's directions for measureing. https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide The belt guide is on the belt ordering page.

Only suggestions I have had are heavier denim jeans, which they have added and also I believe heavier denim and flannel shirts like Iron Heart sells would go over great. A black shirt like this would be great. Black over Indigo so the black fades to indigo in jeans and shirts also.

IHSH 85 or IHSH 81? Either way, we want a raw heavy duty, western snap button shirt from Gustin! Please make!!!

gustin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads