• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Custom jeans?

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really love those shiny dark Nudies I see all the kids wearing and when I went to buy a pair at Barney's, they were too short for me. I'm a bit tall and they kind of hovered above my ankles... the dude said I might be too tall for most jeans... I've been wearing these PDCs but I don't like them at all, they just happened to be kind of long.

So, is there someone who makes really cool jeans on a custom basis? I like stuff that's pretty fitted (but not too tight around the calf - I'm not a punk), and I like the pretty sticthing on the back of the Nudies, but not the hideous stitching on Evisu.

Can someone do this for me? I don't mind paying but I really would set the limit at like $1000 maximum for a pair. I'm guessing it will cost as much as a bespoke pant?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's your inseam? Nudies can be found in a 36", though they've gotten rare lately.

Jbreen1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can just get like 3 or 4 pairs of really nice japanese jeans with long inseams. How long were those Nudies? And you can contact Jean Shop. I know they used to make custom jeans for sure.

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
What's your inseam? Nudies can be found in a 36", though they've gotten rare lately.

I need just about that, maybe even a little longer. I'm a freak.
frown.gif

confab

Reaction score
Check out the Ooe-Yofukuten thread on SuFu. The cut may not be what you're looking for (their jeans are repros from the 40s to 70s) but you can customize fabric, thread, add custom pocket stitching, specify inseam, etc.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by confab
Check out the Ooe-Yofukuten thread on SuFu. The cut may not be what you're looking for (their jeans are repros from the 40s to 70s) but you can customize fabric, thread, add custom pocket stitching, specify inseam, etc.
Very nice. Thank you.

jbm7777

Reaction score
Ande Whall makes jeans with VERY long inseams. Up to 40"+, I'm sure there will be something in there that you like because they have a lot of different fits. I'm not too sure about the shiny fabric but the denim is Cone Mills selvedage and top quality. Single needle construction and quality hardware. Check him out. http://andewhall.bigcartel.com/

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of brands that have longer inseams (I'm in the same boat as you, if it's shorter than 36" it doesn't look right)

Acne - you'd want to look at the Max Raw's with 36" inseam
Dior - MIJ raws have a long inseam (37?)
APC - My New Cure's run about 36"
Flathead - I think the 310 and 380 would work
SugarCane - my SCxSE06 are 37" after a hot soak

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Earnest Sewn selvage jeans with 38 to 40 inch inseams. Either the Kyrre or the Rotton cut. It's a slim/skinny jean, I think the extra inseam was for cuffing or stacking. I've never worn it, as I've got large legs and it looks kind of disproportional on me.

They were all over ebay 3 or 4 months ago, so you might find them.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've probably got the biggest selection of jeans that would be long enough for you..
Go here: www.selfedge.com/shop
And here are some jeans you can look up:
Imperial Duke = 38"
Imperial King = 38"
Flat Head SE05BSP = 40"
Flat Head F380 = 39.5"
Dry Bones Red-D = 40"

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
rougeterritory in american rag, karl makes some killer ****. waiting for him to finalize his production stuff so i can get an indigo warp/weft jean.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads