or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 3736

post #56026 of 115156
Walking Dead related: I gotta put a plug in for Andrew Lincoln in Love Actually. It's a favourite Christmas movie in our house.
post #56027 of 115156
Damn nataku that is quite the haul
post #56028 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

Photobucket

I have this jacket and it's great.
post #56029 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

well they are your jeans xD

also regarding comics is there anyone here into them at all? Most of my friends are really nerdy but they still don't read comics, they read manga instead of good old fashioned american ones hrumph.

 

Used to read a ton of good old fashioned american ones, but I've whittled it down to anything Green Lantern related, Amazing Spider-Man, Marvel cosmic stuff, Invincible, Fables, and I guess I haven't really whittled it down that much.  biggrin.gif

post #56030 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

Today's haul: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Eddie Bauer brown leather bomber with sheepskin collar. Size M but fits. Mint. No wear.


Looks like a regular belt, right? Nope. Knew it was something right when I picked it up.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ties


Baller black t-shirt


RLPL linen


Willis & Geiger wool shirt


And I've been after a pair like this for a long time. Paid up quite a bit but they were NIB and my size. Now to do some serious breaking in.....



wow.gifdrool.gifinlove.gif those redwings! (my size too!) that blue RLPL!
post #56031 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post

Walking Dead related: I gotta put a plug in for Andrew Lincoln in Love Actually. It's a favourite Christmas movie in our house.

I dont think he needed to be humanized. I loved how he was such a monster and his reign of terror lasted for however long it lasted and the story moves forward. I didnt consider him an essential part of the overall story and once his chapter was closed I moved on. I think the only reason people are dwelling on him is because he is now part of the show.

As a side note, casting Chad Coleman as Tyreese is an amazing choice. I loved him on The Wire and Im very excited to see what they do with him in the show. Its hard to not drop potential spoilers from the comic so I will end this right now.

Back to thrifting. Why the fuck are we talking about Walking Dead in the thrifting thread?
post #56032 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Damn Nissan Dealer in Baltimore wants $950 to replace my cracked radiator. I looked up the part...and I can get a new one for about $55. Total bullshit.

Decided to have the car towed home (50+ miles). The cost is $235. No brainer.

We call the dealership the stealership. Mark ups are insane. Labor rates are through the roof. Never ever took a car there unless it was under warranty. Just for shits and giggles, we went to the Infiniti dealership to see what a transmission fluid drain and fill would run for the wife's FX. They wanted $600, labor included. Did it myself. Took just under 2 hrs and $80 in fluid. This made me come to the realization that they were charging roughly $260-ish per hour for labor. Theives, I tell ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmatter7 View Post












bounce2.gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

2 store. 5 finds. All 9 out of 10 condition or better.
L to R:
Pristine J Press Pressidential sport coat in a check tweed, 3 roll 2, single vent, 41R/S.
Tom James Royal Classic dated 2008, slim cut, dual vent, flat front, crimson paisley lining, ~41S
Antonio Fusco navy blue chalk stripe flannel, dual vent. Thought I recognized the tag, and quality is there (e.g., hand sewn lapel flap; vent flap strap). 42R with Michael Strahan shoulders. May be a return candidate.
PRL USA gray nailhead, single breast, 2 button. 42R.
Pristine J Press charcoal flannel, 3 roll 2, single breast, flat front trou. 40R/S
Photobucket
Photobucket

Awesome haul!! Love the checkered J. Press SC.


Also, I passed on about 6 of these recent, spread collar Allen Edmonds shirts today. Didn't even know they made clothing. All XL. Pretty decent too. Had side gussets and pearlized buttons. Also tons of recent BB shirts from the same guy, but nothing crazy (slim fit purple label, BBGF, etc).



post #56033 of 115156

This evening on the way home stopped by a local discount store, and they had 10 or so brown Wolverine belts, very nice leather, but large sizes: 50 and 52.  If anybody wants one, let me know and I'll proxy.  Price was about $10, I think.
 

post #56034 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooker4186 View Post

Black Brooks Brothers Blazer with Loro Piana Super 120s size 39L (how old is this label?):



Current label. Country Club is equivalent to the 1818 line but more "sporty". Take that out into the sunlight and see if it isn't navy. BB's navy is hard to distinguish from black unless you are in good light. Also, if the lining is dark blue then it is navy. If you are selling it, a navy blazer is more valuable than black.
post #56035 of 115156
So uh... people that know old Levi's... what are these if anything? Sadly back tag is gone. Another weird thing, there are no rear rivets, they are just sewn through. Selvage is white line, there are no tags whatsoever on the inside. Levi's written on both sides of the back red tag. $7.99

Xnh6h.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wDhrj.jpg

FfNlI.jpg

6IN6N.jpg

4HmNU.jpg

uNO3g.jpg

aMCe7.jpg

iJe6h.jpg

BKDJ2.jpg

6LbwK.jpg

lv44X.jpg

CQYis.jpg

s9ZJn.jpg

PGZo9.jpg

D1CQw.jpg

8BVVT.jpg

fCafn.jpg
post #56036 of 115156
I am definitely no expert, but those look like the real deal, vintage big E Levis to me.

post #56037 of 115156

Those look real and not like repros. They are def selvedge but they don't have selvedge stitching. They look to be authentically vintage too, not repros or fake. #2 on the buttons so pre 70s

 

Can you take some pics of the care tag if they have one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

So uh... people that know old Levi's... what are these if anything? Sadly back tag is gone. Another weird thing, there are no rear rivets, they are just sewn through. Selvage is white line, there are no tags whatsoever on the inside. Levi's written on both sides of the back red tag. $7.99
Xnh6h.jpgWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wDhrj.jpg
FfNlI.jpg
6IN6N.jpg
4HmNU.jpg
uNO3g.jpg
aMCe7.jpg
iJe6h.jpg
BKDJ2.jpg
6LbwK.jpg
lv44X.jpg
CQYis.jpg
s9ZJn.jpg
PGZo9.jpg
D1CQw.jpg
8BVVT.jpg
fCafn.jpg

 

Also use this to finish dating them: http://www.levisguide.com

post #56038 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

2 store. 5 finds. All 9 out of 10 condition or better.
L to R:
Pristine J Press Pressidential sport coat in a check tweed, 3 roll 2, single vent, 41R/S.
Tom James Royal Classic dated 2008, slim cut, dual vent, flat front, crimson paisley lining, ~41S
Antonio Fusco navy blue chalk stripe flannel, dual vent. Thought I recognized the tag, and quality is there (e.g., hand sewn lapel flap; vent flap strap). 42R with Michael Strahan shoulders. May be a return candidate.
PRL USA gray nailhead, single breast, 2 button. 42R.
Pristine J Press charcoal flannel, 3 roll 2, single breast, flat front trou. 40R/S

Jpress = hundos and hundos son.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nataku View Post

I am definitely no expert, but those look like the real deal, vintage big E Levis to me.

+1 - and nice tie haul especially nat!
post #56039 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceOfBoh View Post


Agree. I've read the whole series and I sort of lost interest in the TV series. IMO the comics are better and way more nuanced.
I love comics. I read a couple series but am more into graphic novels. Check out the Richard Stark Parker series by Darwyn Cooke. I also really liked a series from Europe called Largo Winch - kind of like Tintin for grown ups (not that Tintin isn't for grown ups). ; )

I think one of my favorite graphic novels is gotham by gaslight which I think I mentioned on the thread earlier, I will check both og those recommendations out. Any anime fans up in here?

 

edit: sorry I will stop derailing the thread

post #56040 of 115156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

I think one of my favorite graphic novels is gotham by gaslight which I think I mentioned on the thread earlier, I will check both og those recommendations out. Any anime fans up in here?

I used to be huge into Naruto, and Cowboy Bebop, good times.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread