or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mod to Suedehead - Page 1488

post #22306 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendetta69 View Post
 


I can recommend these (the uniqlo raw selvedge), good jeans for the money and they last ages...

If your a bit bigger/chubbier go for the regular fit, if on the small skinny side go for the slims, they're similar in cut to '67 505s (although the cut is not quite as good, the denim's sound).

Give em a quick soak before you wear them and they'll last a bit longer. 

 

Hello folks i'm new,  but i've been reading for about a year. Loads of interesting stuff on here, i even like the arguments. I reckon the thread has improved some as it's aged...

 

welcome mate, im guessing the uniqlo jeans i posted are the ones you are talking about? i always get my jeans shortened and a half inch or 1 inch turnup sewn in, would it be better to soak them first?

post #22307 of 24859


Thanks DJ. If you soak em first they'll fit a bit better and it'll take the brittleness out of em so they won't wear so quick around the creasing. Mine haven't shrank loads, but you're probably better off soaking em and wearing em for a couple of days before you get them turned up imo. They are raw selvedge though so they'll all be a wee bit different.

Sometimes they'll sell em dirt cheap, I got a few pairs of their made in Japan selvedge a couple of years ago for £9.99 each.

post #22308 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendetta69 View Post
 


Thanks DJ. If you soak em first they'll fit a bit better and it'll take the brittleness out of em so they won't wear so quick around the creasing. Mine haven't shrank loads, but you're probably better off soaking em and wearing em for a couple of days before you get them turned up imo. They are raw selvedge though so they'll all be a wee bit different.

Sometimes they'll sell em dirt cheap, I got a few pairs of their made in Japan selvedge a couple of years ago for £9.99 each.

 

Im used to wearing the normal levi 501's so this info helps, cheers. 

post #22309 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Jacket View Post
 

Does anyone know any decent selvedge denim jeans at a reasonable price? ive been looking at Levi 501 selvedge jeans but the quality of Levis is pretty dire these days, and of course they are cut differently to original Levi's. 

Go for Edwins mate - well made and a decent mid price selvedge 

http://www.size.co.uk/brand/edwin/&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=B_Designers%20-%20Edwin&utm_term=edwin%20jeans/

post #22310 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post


Scruffy cnuts! biggrin.gif

It's interesting to spot the actual items of clothing left over from the previous phase of the 'look'. You can spot a Harrington, a jacket with thin 1960s lapels, the old denim jacket fastened at the second button from the top, DMs of course...

Yeah, it's like they went to a jumble sale of an old skinhead and bought one thing each!

post #22311 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfronted View Post

Go for Edwins mate - well made and a decent mid price selvedge 
http://www.size.co.uk/brand/edwin/&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=B_Designers%20-%20Edwin&utm_term=edwin%20jeans/


In my experience Edwin can vary as far as the look goes. Sometimes they have that look where even if they're pulled up to your tits, the rear pockets are sewn half-way down the back of the legs so they have that permanently saggy falling-off your-harris look.
So word to the wise: try 'em on first or at least make sure the rear pockets are kosher.

Has anybody had experience with the Cordings brand? I found a covert coat(made famous in our set by Crombie) by them at a Salvation Army in a dark brown tweed(!!!) which looks absolutely stunning. Checked their site the other day and they seem to cater more towards the "country gent" set-- but wow! The covert coat is absolutely lovely, and no velvet collar.
Anybody seen or tried out their city suits? Many are 3-button, hacking pockets w/ticket pocket, single vented, some nice-looking stuff for off the peg. They look very "skinhead" to me.
post #22312 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botolph View Post


In my experience Edwin can vary as far as the look goes. Sometimes they have that look where even if they're pulled up to your tits, the rear pockets are sewn half-way down the back of the legs so they have that permanently saggy falling-off your-harris look.
So word to the wise: try 'em on first or at least make sure the rear pockets are kosher.

Has anybody had experience with the Cordings brand? I found a covert coat(made famous in our set by Crombie) by them at a Salvation Army in a dark brown tweed(!!!) which looks absolutely stunning. Checked their site the other day and they seem to cater more towards the "country gent" set-- but wow! The covert coat is absolutely lovely, and no velvet collar.
Anybody seen or tried out their city suits? Many are 3-button, hacking pockets w/ticket pocket, single vented, some nice-looking stuff for off the peg. They look very "skinhead" to me.

 

I think they look pretty good, slightly updated so they don't look too 're-enactor' but not just too mainstream and dull.

 

Grey 14oz Three Button Birdseye Suit

post #22313 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Jacket View Post

That is the exact same page i was looking at lol

Just to add that once shrunk they don't fit anything like that loose and jagged mess in the picture. Another stylist that needs to be shot.
post #22314 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botolph View Post


... that permanently saggy falling-off your-harris look...

I know this is totally off-topic, but you just made me remember 'Chopper Harris' - the only footballer to be named after two parts of the male anatomy!
biggrin.gif
post #22315 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by covskin View Post


Just to add that once shrunk they don't fit anything like that loose and jagged mess in the picture. Another stylist that needs to be shot.

 

 

Think i will get them for christmas, gonna try the uniqlos first seeing as they are cheaper.

 

A pic of my new boots

 

 

post #22316 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery View Post

I know this is totally off-topic, but you just made me remember 'Chopper Harris' - the only footballer to be named after two parts of the male anatomy!
biggrin.gif


Oof! Whatta name! Reminds me of the '70s American baseball player, Dick Pole. Poor fella.
post #22317 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Vision View Post

I think they look pretty good, slightly updated so they don't look too 're-enactor' but not just too mainstream and dull.

Grey 14oz Three Button Birdseye Suit



Yeah they have all the right parts but don't look retro in any way(unless one is of the opinion that 3-button suits are out). I might see if I can get to the shop when I'm in London next June.
post #22318 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendetta69 View Post
 

I should've said that the uniqlo selvedge are fairly low waisted...

I've been eyeing those uniqlo jeans, too - but 'fairly low waisted' is really bad news if you want to tuck your shirt in... Do they sit below the waist?

 

Also, they seem to do a regular fit and a straight regular one. Judging from the pictures at least, the straight regular fit looks more like it.

 

MEN Regular Fit Straight Selvedge Jeans 

post #22319 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by covskin View Post

How about these at £80

http://www.jeanstore.co.uk/levi-501-raw-selvedge-shrinktofit-mens-jeans-long-day.ir

Much better than the usual preshrunk 501 without the wankery of vintage. How it used to be done.

(true size waist, true size+2 leg worked for me)

Are they any darker in real life than they look on the picture? I'd normally go for 'onewash' if not raw indigo.

post #22320 of 24859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bela Kun View Post
 

I've been eyeing those uniqlo jeans, too - but 'fairly low waisted' is really bad news if you want to tuck your shirt in... Do they sit below the waist?

 

 

 

 

that makes me a bit hesitant too, i like my jeans to be quite high up like levis.

 

I might just buy the levis, i think a 32 waist should be ok because 32s are usually quite roomy for me, im not sure if the leg size will matter because i always have them shortened anyway.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Mod to Suedehead