Ok thank you. They are basically charcoal. I assumed navy pants with dark brown shoes. Would this also work?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 10/17/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1122
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16817 of 249818/16/12 at 2:28pmQuote:
Items were listed as final sale. I'll call my bank and try to dispute the charge.post #16818 of 249818/16/12 at 2:47pmQuote:Wait for C&J shoes to go on sale at Barney's.Originally Posted by miscer
I want good quality (AE level) shoe but with a "sleek/modern" look. I checked out McAllisters but I didn't like them even though the 5 last is one of the sleeker AE last. For example I like the 348 last from Crockett and Jones. Especially their Hallam. I have only seen pictures of the 348 last online though so I don't know what it actually looks like. I liked pics of the McAllisters but they look much chunkier IRL.
So what are some suggestions within a $300 budget?post #16819 of 249818/16/12 at 3:50pmQuote:
To be honest, you should've noticed those humongous stains before you bought it. Should have checked everything all over to make sure everything was fine since it said final sale.
My previous question was unanswered:
So I have a pair of AE loafers and I daubed some shoe cream on it. I didn't polish it or anything else. Whenever water even touches my shoe, the cream gets stuck in the drop of water.
Did I do something wrong? Was I supposed to daub the shoe with a damp cloth after putting the cream on?post #16820 of 249818/16/12 at 4:04pmpost #16821 of 249818/16/12 at 4:13pm
Hey man, I know its SF dogma to hate on black...but I don't see an issue with this. It is one of my best fitting jackets, and it is only being worn in the evening (in fact it is after 6 now and I still don't have it on) to an event.
If I had the same jacket in a different fabric, I might pick that...but at this point the lighting will be such that I couldn't tell if you were wearing black, navy, or charcoal.
edit: although at the same time, to the dude with the recruiting day events...don't wear a black suit because everyone else is...that's dumb. I mean if its your only suit, then go for it...although you could probably just not wear a suit. I've been to a bunch of those things in college and I doubt I would care if someone wasn't wearing a suit. Might even make you more memorable amongst the sea of bros in black suits.
Edited by otc - 8/16/12 at 4:26pmpost #16822 of 249818/16/12 at 5:35pmI'm not sure if this question is more appropriate for this forum or the streetwear and denim forum, but I'll try here first. I'm having issues finding a decent pair of brown derbies to wear out on the weekends with a nice pair of dark denim. What would be some good companies to check out aside from Allen Edmonds (I didn't see anything that caught my eye there)?post #16823 of 249818/16/12 at 5:47pmpost #16824 of 249818/16/12 at 6:22pmTried on a pair of John Lobb's Newbury today. LOVED them to pieces. Couldn't believe the quality and feel.
That said, I sized down to an 8 (usually do 8.5) and still felt my heel slide the tiniest bit (not fully, but maybe a couple millimeters when I walked). Everywhere else felt right.
Is that a bad sign? I didn't purchase them, have them on hold, but I wonder if the heel should move not at all or a couple mms is okay?
A half size down more became uncomfortable.
I was wearing dress socks on a summer day.post #16825 of 249818/16/12 at 6:59pmpost #16826 of 249818/16/12 at 8:30pmpost #16827 of 249818/16/12 at 8:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by periklis
My University has two big career fairs every year and I am going to attend them both (one in fall and one in spring). Everyone is wearing black suits and I was wondering if I should wear one too. I read the 101 guide about interviews and it says that I shouldn’t wear a black suite in interviews; I imagine that the same applies to career fairs and information sessions. My problem is that if everyone wears a black suit and I wear a dark grey/light grey suit I will look a bit off. So, should I go with a grey suit or a black one?
Wear the dark grey suit. If you look different use it to your advantage. Be confident, like you have your thing going and you have something to offer, but not in a cocky way. I.E. be very nice and interested in what they say, direct eye contact and smile. You'll do great. Remember the point of job interview or fair is not to be the same as everyone else.post #16828 of 249818/16/12 at 9:14pmpost #16829 of 249818/17/12 at 6:45ampost #16830 of 249818/17/12 at 8:01am
I want to buy some blazers/suit from online shops,
but I don't have any good measurements for a blazer/suit jacket that fits me well.
But I have some measurements for well-fitted shirts.
The question is: How should the size of the blazer be, compared to shirts?
Should the blazer be some inches bigger than the shirt, or have the same measurements?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 33 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 50 seconds ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Grey Wool Chesterfield XS 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 2 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE 11.24.13 --- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › ANNOUNCEMENT BLURB by Steve123
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw