or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 364

post #5446 of 33196


I'm kind of considering this. Problem is that it's $125. Should I or shouldn't I buy at that price?

Material is flannel-ish.
post #5447 of 33196
other than allen edmonds, what is another "entry level" nice shoes?
i checked out some AE's today and they looked too clunky
i think i'd like some sort of plain captoe lace ups ... hopefully well under $300 ... under $200 would be even better of course
post #5448 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingred View Post


I'm kind of considering this. Problem is that it's $125. Should I or shouldn't I buy at that price?

Material is flannel-ish.

Hmmm. For a scarf, at $125, it's got to be love - and I mean, swoon-worthy troo love - to get the pocketbook cracked open. Sounds like you're just not that into it.
post #5449 of 33196
If it's LP baby cashmere...
post #5450 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankiz View Post
In Norway we have Ralph Lauren with custom fit and slim fit. I want the slimmest one, what is this compared to when ordering from Ralph Lauren online?

So anyone know this? What's the slimmet RL called in the US store?
post #5451 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
other than allen edmonds, what is another "entry level" nice shoes?
i checked out some AE's today and they looked too clunky
i think i'd like some sort of plain captoe lace ups ... hopefully well under $300 ... under $200 would be even better of course
I cannot think of any men's dress shoe that retails for less than AE that is not a significant step down in either the quality of the leather, the quality of the construction, or both.
post #5452 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
Does anyone have any opinions (good or bad) or BB's current Chesterfield Coat? I'm looking for something not in black or navy, and this looks like a decent choice. Not sure on the ticket pocket. I'm tempted to get it with the sale coming up (I am aware there are Black Fleece iterations on Ebay right now, but I detest paypal), but my wife thinks the tan Chesterfield looks horrible.

Edit - picture of said Chesterfield coat...

http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/Broo...ProductImages$
That looks more like a covert coat than a Chesterfield.
post #5453 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma7 View Post
Anyone familiar with H&M Modern Classic aka Black Label suits? I recently purchased a navy H&M black label suit off ebay, however I have a feeling that it might be fake. The labels in the jacket look suspect and the fit is anything but slim compared to my non-black label H&M suit.
Attachment 56230 Attachment 56231

I really appreciate the help.
Thanks

If one was going to bother to fake a label in a suit I suspect they'd aim a little higher than H&M. More likely this suit is a year or two old. The low-budget retail brands producing better fitting clothing is a rather recent change.
post #5454 of 33196
Is there an admin that I can PM (or PM me)? I'd like to change my email on this account to an account that got banned (I posted in the FS on eBay's Fashion watch deal - I didn't know it would get me banned and there was no warning). I follow the rules now and would like to receive notifications to my regular account as opposed to a secondary.
post #5455 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebmk3891 View Post
Is there an admin that I can PM (or PM me)? I'd like to change my email on this account to an account that got banned (I posted in the FS on eBay's Fashion watch deal - I didn't know it would get me banned and there was no warning). I follow the rules now and would like to receive notifications to my regular account as opposed to a secondary.
"LA Guy" or "j" are probably the mods that handle that kind of stuff.
post #5456 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankiz View Post
So anyone know this? What's the slimmet RL called in the US store?

Black Label tends to have the slimmest fits. But it also really depends on what item you're talking about. Many Polo Ralph Lauren items fit perfectly well on slim guys as well. It just depends on the item and your body type.
post #5457 of 33196
Is it a fair assumption that LL Bean mocs like these http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/19067?feat=506698-GN3 do not need shoe trees?
post #5458 of 33196
Im thinking about ordering this: http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/CORNEL...L/sts/sr_men80. Judging by the label on the sleeve, it should be Corneliani mainline. Would that automatically mean it's fully canvassed? Also, how high are the armholes on them? From past experience, I need really, really high ones.
post #5459 of 33196
During the Brooks Brothers pre-Christmas sale I picked up a pair of the Lambskin Gloves in the wine color. See them here.

However, I realized my outfit is composed mostly of blue, green, browns, and tans. I am concerned these gloves don't complement these colors that well. What do you guys think? Should I attempt to pick up a pair in Brown instead?
post #5460 of 33196
Is Alden pronounced Al-den or Ald-den?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)