or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion - Page 83

post #1231 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Go for the Wings! They'll be fine in snow and slush.

as an owner of 3 pairs of each brand id definitely say to go with the wings. id head to get outside and try on some different pairs, try and find a pair with the same last for sizing, if getoutside fails little burgundy and uncle otis both also have a little selection you could try to try a pair on at
post #1232 of 2547
Some interesting new Red Wings over at Brooks Brothers. Bison black leather plain toe. Very nice.

400

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=525&Product_Id=1579069&Parent_Id=522&default_color=BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#null
post #1233 of 2547

Wow - I'd love to get my hands on those beauties, but they are definately out of my price range.

post #1234 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astronaut888 View Post

just got rid of a pair on ebay
picked them up as a "salesman's sample" but they were crazy small.
I take a 7 in most RWs and these were a 6........gave 'em a shot but they were hella small...........
They were pretty cool. Dunno if they fit the guy who picked them up from me........ if so, he may be the only one on earth w/ a pair as I see no sign of them ever really being released

Culver City Red Wing says they can order them, should fit the same as the 9011.
post #1235 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMoonbeam View Post

Wow - I'd love to get my hands on those beauties, but they are definately out of my price range.


Seriously, since when are Red Wings 400 bucks? Insane. Bison leather is not a $100 up charge; neither is regular tan leather with a vibram lug sole.

For $400, I would want a custom makeup from Red Wing.

And they need a dress last, like Viberg - something with a sleek toe box.
post #1236 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguls View Post

Seriously, since when are Red Wings 400 bucks? Insane. Bison leather is not a $100 up charge; neither is regular tan leather with a vibram lug sole.
For $400, I would want a custom makeup from Red Wing.
And they need a dress last, like Viberg - something with a sleek toe box.

blame drizzy drake for blowin them up!
post #1237 of 2547

Any 9012 owners care to show some pics of a worn out/broken in pair?

 

I've had a pair of 9012 in chestnut but mainly worn by my bro. Thinking of getting a 875 for myself but the color looks quite similar to 9012.

 

Therefore wondering if over time how does the color differs.


Edited by Noctix - 10/17/11 at 7:38am
post #1238 of 2547
can we use obenauf LP on rw1907?any recommendations?
post #1239 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctix View Post

can we use obenauf LP on rw1907?any recommendations?

Absolutely. Apply with vigor.
post #1240 of 2547

Ic.thanks.

 

Cause the recommended products are leather cleaner and mink oil. When I asked the sales staff at a local store,they advised to avoid mink oil & wax/cream based product (like obenauf) if want to preserve the original color..

 

Will give it a try.

post #1241 of 2547
Brooks Brothers has some new styles up in what they're calling a "heritage online trunk show" -- some new styles I haven't seen available before in the US:

255

243

238

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1214&viewAll=t&sortBy=
post #1242 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl@ster View Post

Brooks Brothers has some new styles up in what they're calling a "heritage online trunk show" -- some new styles I haven't seen available before in the US:
238
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatSectionView.process?IWAction=Load&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=1214&viewAll=t&sortBy=

Really like this one, tempted to buy with my fraternity discount.
post #1243 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Really like this one, tempted to buy with my fraternity discount.

+1...those are on fire!
post #1244 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman76 View Post

+1...those are on fire!

The 9030/9029 doesn't say "BB exclusive" in the description, but I have no idea of who else sells them....I feel like 360$ is steep compared to the rest of the Beckman line.
post #1245 of 2547
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooch View Post

The 9030/9029 doesn't say "BB exclusive" in the description, but I have no idea of who else sells them....I feel like 360$ is steep compared to the rest of the Beckman line.

They are showing up on ebay here and there.

Maybe David Z in NY as well. Also check Dave's NY. I have to see these in person - at that price, why wouldn't you get a real Indy Boot from somewhere?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion