I have the J.Crew 975 (for sale in my sig) and the only difference I've noticed is that the heal pad is stamped with the J.Crew logo. The box is the standard Alden box and stamped with the 975 model number.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- brandAldentagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Balmoral Shell Cordovan Cap Toe Oxfordtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toetagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexceltagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Indy Boot 405tagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Ravello Shell Long Wing Bluchertagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Sand Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- itemAlden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boottagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16More
- categoryFootweartagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicShell Cordovantagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
- topicSizingtagged by LA Guy, 1/3/16
Related Forum Threads
- ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. Last post on 1/1/16 at 11:06am in Streetwear and Denim
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
- Alden Black Shell Cordovan Penny Loafer Full Strap Aberdeen Single Leather 12D Last post on 7/19/15 at 2:40pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 7/11 Drops #4 Shell Cordovan Alden Saddle Shoes, Alden pebble grain, BB bucks Last post on 7/29/11 at 4:24am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Alden Modified Last: If You Wear, or are Interested, Please Read Last post on 11/20/16 at 5:42am in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos. - Page 63post #931 of 117931/13/16 at 10:02ampost #932 of 117931/13/16 at 10:38amQuote:Originally Posted by z8k1n
4Tankers on 379X Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Ditto. I don't like the #4 wingtips or LWBs that I've seen but I think it works really well here. Maybe it's the more casual look of the Tankers and the chunky hand stitching that helps it out. Either way, I really like it.
z8k1n - I think we're essentially the same size. So when you decide to let these go...post #933 of 117931/13/16 at 11:25ampost #934 of 117931/13/16 at 12:34pmpost #935 of 117931/13/16 at 1:09pmpost #936 of 117931/13/16 at 2:08pmpost #937 of 117931/13/16 at 2:42pmpost #938 of 117931/13/16 at 2:48pmpost #939 of 117931/13/16 at 2:49pmpost #940 of 117931/13/16 at 2:52pmpost #941 of 117931/13/16 at 2:54pmpost #942 of 117931/13/16 at 3:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by CR78
Anyone find they needed to go down a full size on the BB unlined LHS? mdubs' sizing guide (and Alden of Carmel sizing guide) suggest the Van last runs about a half size big, but I'm getting an unacceptable amount of heel slippage at sizing down .5 from my Brannock. My local BB doesn't have my approximate sizes in stock so I'm waiting on a transfer to try them out, but I really want to make these work.
That's true for me also. I bought 9D, but they slipped too much. 8.5D stay on nicely, but it is a tight fit. My usual size is 9.5D.post #943 of 117931/13/16 at 3:39pmQuote:
My hopes are high then, as I'm in exactly the same situation: 9.5D Brannock, the 9D I just received slipped too much, and I'm awaiting an 8.5D.post #944 of 117931/13/16 at 3:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by Rstldr
Alden X Leathersoul color 8 wingtip with antique.
Bresciani wool OTC (size large!). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Those look really nice. I don't see a lot of SWB available nowadays. What last is this?post #945 of 117931/13/16 at 3:58pmI was exited to actually make the last pre-order for Leffot Alden tanker in color 8, and I had heard that they run smaller than the typical Barrie lasted boot (a la JCrew and the Barrie Jr), so I ordered TTS instead of .5 down as normal.
They looked amazing, but were just too big, so I sold to a forum member who was unhappy with missing his size in yet another round for that model.
I happened to be looking at their site just now and they had my size in stock! I couldn't believe it. I ordered it and called the store to see if it was a return and if there was an issue with them, and it turns out whomever ordered the 11.5 on the pre-order just didn't go through with it so they've just been sitting there.
This thread is locked
- The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1758 Active Users (377 Members and 1381 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 27 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › HUGE DROP: RARE: Gant Rain Slicker Size Small 7 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 13 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea wool reversible blazer 50 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...