or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are 2 of these suits (Corneliani and Hugo Boss Black) genuine or fake?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are 2 of these suits (Corneliani and Hugo Boss Black) genuine or fake?

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Hello folks, I hope you are doing well.

 

My thrift store was clearing the inventory, so I have been able to take both of these suits for a pittance. They look nice from the outside, but what I am really concerned about is - are they fake or real.

 

I tried to do some research on the internet before I came here. For what I have understood (I am still relative new to this field) Boss is heavily faked, but Corneliani apparently is not (I did not find any pages which explain how to recognize fake Corneliani products).

 

Thank you folks for the help, here are some pictures of said suits:

 

CORNELIANI

I

 

 

 

 

 

HUGO BOSS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Also, on thing of note is that the logo on the left sleeve seems to be removed (there are visible marks in the inseam).

 

And also, since I do not want to flood the forum with noob questions, what do you think about the Mario Barutti (Guabello Super 150 Series) suits? Should I stay away from them, or give them a shot?

Thank you for your time folks, and happy New Year!

post #2 of 9
Both real. You'll get more info on the thrift thread.

Happy new year to you too!
post #3 of 9

Labels for the Corneliani is the same as mine. Buttons are similar. Congrats on your purchase.

post #4 of 9
Corneliani looks real, judging by the inside tag. What is the cut of Grant model? Never tried it.
post #5 of 9


For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would buy Hugo Boss, real or fake.

post #6 of 9
Thread Starter 

Thank you folks SO, SO much for your help.

Gs77, the cut on the Grant model is single breast. I hope that this is the answer you were looking for.

 

Best of luck!

post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonimac View Post

Thank you folks SO, SO much for your help.


Gs77, the cut on the Grant model is single breast. I hope that this is the answer you were looking for.

Best of luck!

No, I meant how do shoulders look (built up or light), is it slimmer or fuller cut, width of lapels, etc.

I own Leader (super soft) and Life, I also know of Leader USA, Mantua, but not Grant.

Thanks
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by gs77 View Post

No, I meant how do shoulders look (built up or light), is it slimmer or fuller cut, width of lapels, etc.

I own Leader (super soft) and Life, I also know of Leader USA, Mantua, but not Grant.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's the remake of the classic Cary grant fit.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy57 View Post


For the life of me I don't understand why anyone would buy Hugo Boss, real or fake.


Quite so

Price make up is:
Quality of suit £20
Price of label £280

Suit retail price £300.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Are 2 of these suits (Corneliani and Hugo Boss Black) genuine or fake?