Apropos of nothing, where the hell is @grendel?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Our Gigantic Summer Sale Thread! Contribute Now Last post on 7/27/15 at 3:29pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Official Sales Alert thread Last post on Today at 3:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of April 12 Last post on 4/12/15 at 8:40am in Streetwear and Denim
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of October 5 Last post on 10/5/14 at 10:27am in Classic Menswear
- StyleForum eBay Round Up - Week of September 28 Last post on 10/1/14 at 10:36am in Classic Menswear
Buyer provided wrong/incomplete shipping information and the...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- How should I handle buyers that don't pay immediately?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Do Not As Described items result in defect for the seller?Last edited: 3/24/16
- How does PayPal "pay after you receive the item" feature...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1741post #26101 of 513021/12/16 at 1:20pmpost #26102 of 513021/12/16 at 1:27pmpost #26103 of 513021/12/16 at 1:38pmpost #26104 of 513021/12/16 at 1:46pmpost #26105 of 513021/12/16 at 1:49pmQuote:
Just popping in here to clarify that statement...if you're hearing a hum during the record, it's not intended and there is something wrong with your equipment.
However, many enthusiasts refer to the 'warmth' of vinyl, in this case they're talking about harmonic distortion imparted by the very imperfect medium. It does have a sound, and it is by definition distortion, but it is nowhere near as obvious as a hum.
I may have misunderstood what you meant, and if I did I apologize.post #26106 of 513021/12/16 at 2:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by div25sec9
I'll wade into the vinyl debate...
As mentioned before; the stereo system you are using is very important. It is the limiting factor 99% of the time. It doesn't matter if you have the perfect turntable and flawless vinyl, if your amp or speakers are weak, everything will sound like crap. Once the signal gets passed through a mixer and amp, and speakers; it isn't clean at all... That's why some people run tube amps and spend tens of thousands on speakers.
The biggest reason people are getting into vinyl is to get back to an earlier time; when music was not so easily accessible and was appreciated more. They like deciding on an album to get, getting a physical item, dedicating time to listen, and looking at the cover art while the music plays. Today music has become cheap and disposable. It's all files on a disk, sitting beside some word docs and spreadsheet files. Vinyl is the opposite of that, going back to an earlier time.
My friend Kenny (who was also my best man) and I used to have long philosophical discussions while working in a professional photo lab "back in the day" (yes, we used to process film, imagine that!). He used to rail about the lessening quality of music, and was adamant that the MP3 format was ruining the music industry. He also would rail against people who would play albums on shuffle, even when listening to the CD. That's part of what drew me back to vinyl: you pretty much have to play the album from start to finish (or one side, at least). The artist intended it that way: you start with song #1 and play the album through to the end so you'd get the full experience. This led to him naming his latest solo studio album "Shuffle", and not putting the songs in any particular order, as a statement of sorts.post #26107 of 513021/12/16 at 2:06pm
Hey LA crew:
I'll be in your fine city Jan. 27th through Feb. 1 checking out the Riot LA comedy festival. I won't have that much time to hit the thrifts, or luggage space to bring stuff home, but nevertheless if you want to hit a couple stores and/or grab a pint, feel free to send a PM.
On the off chance anyone else is attending, let's hang out for sure.post #26108 of 513021/12/16 at 2:07pm
Thank you guys..
Now for yesterdays finds
Fodder, but the Talbott is official regimental horses guard limited for Bel Air Country club members (@vexco I'm coppin all country club stuff now haha) and Faconnable is Wool/silk 50/50
Brioni, Cucinelli, Skeet x2
AE Sanfords, John Varvatos Mainline chukka boots, Prada sneakers that look way more busted in this photo then they are
AE Kirkwoods(?) there like fake Sperrys, Then the following shoes I just picked up from the leather guy yesterday and never posted, Florsheim Barlettas (?) 100% Snake Skin, AE Sanfords
Barely worn AE Fifth Avenues, AE Brogued Wholecuts, AE Chukkas, and I think those are AE Clifton or something in the back
Back to yesterdays finds
Not really my thing but for a buck sure why not, OakleysWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
However these are fucking sick and I had no clue they even existed and for a buck, I will gladly relieve your inventory of them.
Vtg. Handmade in Japan.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Dope handmade Shearling by Knight Tailors Ltd.
Older Belvest Wool/Cash blazer
Sick older Belvest Navy Tweed Fleck blazer w/ Patch pockets
Zegna basic solid Navy blazer with silver buttons
Ferragamo blazer w/ Ferragamo metal engraved buttons by Catarelli
Very recent Armani Collezioni Italy Navy pinstripe suit
Recent Zegna 15milmil15 Gray w/ blue pinstripes suit
Crazy piece, has a silk scarf braided throughout the blazer, inside and out.
And those were my three stops yesterday...post #26109 of 513021/12/16 at 2:17pmpost #26110 of 513021/12/16 at 2:26pmpost #26111 of 513021/12/16 at 2:37pmpost #26112 of 513021/12/16 at 2:39pmpost #26113 of 513021/12/16 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by Fueco
My friend Kenny (who was also my best man) and I used to have long philosophical discussions while working in a professional photo lab "back in the day" (yes, we used to process film, imagine that!). He used to rail about the lessening quality of music, and was adamant that the MP3 format was ruining the music industry. He also would rail against people who would play albums on shuffle, even when listening to the CD. That's part of what drew me back to vinyl: you pretty much have to play the album from start to finish (or one side, at least). The artist intended it that way: you start with song #1 and play the album through to the end so you'd get the full experience. This led to him naming his latest solo studio album "Shuffle", and not putting the songs in any particular order, as a statement of sorts.
<sigh> the good ol days of napster.post #26114 of 513021/12/16 at 3:01pmpost #26115 of 513021/12/16 at 3:05pm
LOL, it wasn't just Napster. He also transferred all of his digital music at CD quality into his iPods. Last I heard, he had at least a dozen iPods. He also had way too many CDs for any one man to listen to in a lifetime.
He got me into bands like Talking Heads and Gillian Welch, and I turned him onto Johnny Cash. Sometimes I do miss actually working with other people.
- USPS tried to deliver a package and then brought it back to the...
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 39 seconds ago
- › FIORENTINI + BAKER CHAD BOOTS EU40 · EX 52 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The DETAILS AND MICRO ISSUES OF A TRUMP PRESIDENCY Official Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...