or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome) - Page 1352

post #20266 of 51165

Hey, @Fueco. I need a little help. Is made in the USA North Face silver/gray Gore-Tex desirable? Either way, it was cheap. My main question was the gender. The colors indicate female. However, the 27.5" pit to pit makes me wonder. Do these just have flared torsos?

 

 

 

post #20267 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlivingston View Post
 

 The colors indicate female. However, the 27.5" pit to pit makes me wonder. 

 

titties.

post #20268 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexJ1100 View Post



If that plaid on top is 42... PM me... Please? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifnod[1].gif
post #20269 of 51165

:nodding:

 

Me scrolling through waiting for my person to post/update what they would like for the gift exchange...

post #20270 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexJake View Post


If that plaid on top is 42... PM me... Please? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifnod[1].gif


46 :confused:

post #20271 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob in 89 View Post



YO, MAN...WHO GOT KOALA-T FOR THRIFTMAS?


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



JUST SAYIN'.

Synergy. I found that same tie in a different colorway about a week or two ago.




Quote:
Originally Posted by TexJake View Post

If that plaid on top is 42... PM me... Please? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gifnod[1].gif

And if it's a 40 (or 52 EU), PM me.

EDIT: reads post made while making his post. facepalm.gif
post #20272 of 51165
Gotta say, as a professor in a business school, seeing those inventory backlog pictures makes me pull my hair out. Would you keep boxes of dollar bills like that? Because that's what you've got right there. Those boxes are full of money you've spent, money that you could be spending, or money that could be working for you. As they are, they're just piles of money doing nothing (and as Jompso pointed out, probably decreasing in value).
post #20273 of 51165
In the field need expert help on pocket watch

Priced $695 winds up keeps time (at least for the last hour).

H engraved on the back. Beautiful Omega, but I don't know much about these.






KOP? Or Proxy? I can probably get it for $600 maybe less today.
post #20274 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMProf View Post

Gotta say, as a professor in a business school, seeing those inventory backlog pictures makes me pull my hair out. Would you keep boxes of dollar bills like that? Because that's what you've got right there. Those boxes are full of money you've spent, money that you could be spending, or money that could be working for you. As they are, they're just piles of money doing nothing (and as Jompso pointed out, probably decreasing in value).

So, @Letric, being a millennial myself, and looking for ties (always), let me help you unload some of those :D

post #20275 of 51165
A few half off day grabs. Girlfriend has the car today so only got a few things. Store was kinda empty anyway. Anyone know anything about the tie?


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo image_zpscrisri02.jpeg

photo image_zpsfg0ilnty.jpeg

photo image_zpsxvetfy7b.jpeg

photo image_zpsvdvjtq5t.jpeg

photo image_zpsgb7gbmeo.jpeg

photo image_zpsw20151fe.jpeg

photo image_zpsgt8fw5cs.jpeg

photo image_zps284umgy8.jpeg

photo image_zpsmj8tqoes.jpeg

photo image_zpsm3ow5zdn.jpeg

photo image_zpsfrfb9hti.jpeg
post #20276 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahljs View Post

nod%5B1%5D.gif

Me scrolling through waiting for my person to post/update what they would like for the gift exchange...

Go to profie and click below the avatar "all posts" and see what they posted "Brodeetz" about!
post #20277 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by richnet12 View Post


Go to profie and click below the avatar "all posts" and see what they posted "Brodeetz" about!

Tried that :( 

post #20278 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahljs View Post

Tried that frown.gif 

Oh well...good work. My thrift gift person did not post much about what they thrift for themselves either.
post #20279 of 51165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanejosephxxx View Post

A few half off day grabs. Girlfriend has the car today so only got a few things. Store was kinda empty anyway. Anyone know anything about the tie?

  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
photo image_zpscrisri02.jpeg

photo image_zpsfg0ilnty.jpeg

photo image_zpsxvetfy7b.jpeg

photo image_zpsvdvjtq5t.jpeg

photo image_zpsgb7gbmeo.jpeg

photo image_zpsw20151fe.jpeg

photo image_zpsgt8fw5cs.jpeg

photo image_zps284umgy8.jpeg

photo image_zpsmj8tqoes.jpeg

photo image_zpsm3ow5zdn.jpeg

photo image_zpsfrfb9hti.jpeg

Speaking of half off day, my local Savers is having 50% off clothing and accessories. I'm about to go in, and hopefully, @Koala-T, you get blessed with several BB sport coats.  

post #20280 of 51165
Late to the game on this one but Bahljs' post reminded me: Thrift Thread SS (Click to show)
I put all my deets in my profile but to expand on that: I don't really wear ties or CM stuff. Usually smart business casual streetwear type stuff. Engineered Garments or the like (Post O'Alls, RRL) hit that sweet spot for me. I also like designery things like Dries or Margiela. Generally a L or XL - 22ish P2P. 36 Waist. 9 E or 9.5 D shoes. Could always use more scarves or belts.

Doesn't have to be clothing either. I'll gladly take some local (to you) beer or bourbon. Or a donation to a charity of your choosing. More or less - I'm not picky!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II (Return to the Thunderdome)