or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Crockett & Jones MTO Central - Page 225

post #3361 of 6034
Add me to the interested list for the whiskey Coniston.
post #3362 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Dark Brown Harlech's can be had all day long here:

http://www.crockettandjones.com/product/harlech-darkbrown

I think you may be able to get them a tad bit cheaper ordering from the UK

Good point. I'm interested in either Harlech or Coniston in whiskey shell cordovan. Though I'm hoping for non leather sole.. But will wait for the options
post #3363 of 6034
Coniston in Whiskey Shell Cordovan roll call

@Mutombo
@kczsilence
@chipshot
@Threeputt

anybody else?

I am flexible on soles I can do leather, double leather or dainite.
post #3364 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by kczsilence View Post


Good point. I'm interested in either Harlech or Coniston in whiskey shell cordovan. Though I'm hoping for non leather sole.. But will wait for the options

 

Dainite is great stuff.  But If I were to get the Dark Brown Harlech's the first trip they would go on is to the cobbler to get rubber Topy's on the heel and forefront of the boot.

 

Here is a similar look I had done on some other boots:

 

photo image.jpg1_zpscdzvd5ro.jpg

 

Leather with rubber sole guards attached.

 

I'm just tryin to be a help...

 

Thanks.

post #3365 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Coniston in Whiskey Shell Cordovan roll call

@Mutombo
@kczsilence
@chipshot
@Threeputt

anybody else?

I am flexible on soles I can do leather, double leather or dainite.

In order for me would be dainite, double leather and last resort I would think about just leather.

Guess we'll see!
post #3366 of 6034

I cant ever decide which I like better, Dainite or Topy's/sole guards attached to the leather...

post #3367 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Dainite is great stuff.  But If I were to get the Dark Brown Harlech's the first trip they would go on is to the cobbler to get rubber Topy's on the heel and forefront of the boot.

Here is a similar look I had done on some other boots:

photo image.jpg1_zpscdzvd5ro.jpg


Leather with rubber sole guards attached.

I'm just tryin to be a help...

Thanks.

That's a good idea, need to find a good cobbler. I have another pair of boots that could use them. Thanks!
post #3368 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusis View Post

I might be interested in this depending on what leather is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVenneri View Post

Update: 1/5

Received contact from Lauren, she will be checking inventory and coming back to us with pricing options in the near future.

Also inquired about a zug leather makeup for all those interested (myself included...zug, zug, zug baby).

Will advise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinypup View Post

Also interested depending on leather options.

How about you guys, dare I convince you to go with Coniston instead of Harlech. shog[1].gif
post #3369 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by kczsilence View Post


That's a good idea, need to find a good cobbler. I have another pair of boots that could use them. Thanks!

 

Yeah, that brings up another point.  You have to be careful who you let touch your shell cordovan shoes and boots.

 

Not all cobblers are skilled at working with that leather.  Some lower level cobblers don't even know what shell cordovan is at all.

 

You have to find someone who has a decent reputation for working on shell cordovan leather.

 

Installing sole guards is one thing, but what you don't want is to pick the boots up and old dude tell you he felt like he needed to recolor your boots because they were uneven...:cloud:

post #3370 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

Yeah, that brings up another point.  You have to be careful who you let touch your shell cordovan shoes and boots.

Not all cobblers are skilled at working with that leather.  Some lower level cobblers don't even know what shell cordovan is at all.

You have to find someone who has a decent reputation for working on shell cordovan leather.

Installing sole guards is one thing, but what you don't want is to pick the boots up and old dude tell you he felt like he needed to recolor your boots because they were uneven...cloud.gif

Definitely will keep that in mind, thanks.

Sole guards to start cause it should be cheap. Will worry about the shell if I'm able to get my hands on a pair!
post #3371 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by kczsilence View Post


Definitely will keep that in mind, thanks.

Sole guards to start cause it should be cheap. Will worry about the shell if I'm able to get my hands on a pair!

 

If you ever make it to NYC, there are a ton of good guys there who know what they are doing.

 

B. Nelson comes to mind immediately.

 

http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/high_grade_shoes.asp

 

With him, you can send them via mail.

 

Thanks.

post #3372 of 6034
@laufer wouldn't that just be a harlech then? Perhaps what are all the deets?

That chukka looks interesting too....im never going to get my watch frown.gif
post #3373 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

@laufer wouldn't that just be a harlech then? Perhaps what are all the deets?

That chukka looks interesting too....im never going to get my watch frown.gif

Coniston is indeed cap toe but on the different last, 325 last, deets are still in work in progress.

@S K M didn't you do brogue boot on 325 last in whiskey shell cordovan?
post #3374 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by bespoken pa View Post

@laufer wouldn't that just be a harlech then? Perhaps what are all the deets?

That chukka looks interesting too....im never going to get my watch frown.gif

 

All watches do is tell time...its time for a pair of whiskey C&J's...

post #3375 of 6034
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchman1 View Post

If you ever make it to NYC, there are a ton of good guys there who know what they are doing.

B. Nelson comes to mind immediately.

http://www.bnelsonshoes.com/high_grade_shoes.asp

With him, you can send them via mail.

Thanks.

Actually I live in NYC just haven't had any shoes or boots that needed work done until this time. But I will keep B Nelson in mind. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: