or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...) - Page 2356  

post #35326 of 48312
Also, if you have particularly small wrists then consider a ladies reverso. I'm not being funny - it's the same watch, just smaller proportions. You'd have to be pretty small though which you don't seem to be from your photo.
post #35327 of 48312
Do they even make the 1931 in womens?

I mean I really only want the 1931 model at this point, I just love the overall execution of it.

I wouldn't mind wearing a womens version if it is exactly the same as the mens version and still has a handwind movement.
post #35328 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post

Personally, I'd say yes. Is that model bigger than the GT (see pic below, and i don't have very big wrists). To me the reverso needs to be a subtle watch. If it's too big it doesn't work. That's why I hated the Squadra.


Yeah the GT is shorter in height by 4mm lugs included.
post #35329 of 48312
I don't know if they make that model- I've only seen the regular one in ladies size. Check out their website as it seems up to date on models. Beautiful watch though - I've had my GT about seven years and can't get enough of it.
post #35330 of 48312
I wonder if you can special order the GT with the 1931 dial?
post #35331 of 48312
Or in the Classique, I think that might fit me better overall.
post #35332 of 48312
Sure. Worth asking your AD. Shouldn't be impossible. But whether they will do it or not, and the price...I don't know JLC's attitude to that sort of thing.
post #35333 of 48312
Dinner of Champions, anyone?

9avasuse.jpg
post #35334 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post

David: I think perhaps you meant one of these OPs?






Speaking of Rolex and the Apple watch: I sat through the entire presentation, and either I've been totally brainwashed, or I've come to the conclusion that Apple has done for the smart watch what Rolex has done for the mechanical wristwatch – and they've done it in a considerably shorter period of time. Whether the smart watch itself as a concept is doable now given limitations in battery technology is another issue entirely. If somebody makes an accessory that can be fitted to the Apple watch to take 20 mm spring bars, I'm buying one of the smaller ones. It will be on a NATO, on the other end of my wrist for my Sub. And then I'll probably get tired of it.

You know maybe I just have the apple watch on my mind subliminally! I think I am just thinking about retro "futuristic" designs for watches.

Used to have one of these in college and loved it:



The Gold apple watch would be great if it was more like this:



I think it needs to be a lot thinner, it would also be interesting to see it reversible in some way.
post #35335 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Need some opinions, is the Reverso 1931 simply too big for me? Should I just give up trying to own this beautiful watch?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
invcwy.jpg

Do keep in mind that the overhang is exaggerated because the strap is too long (I can't tighten it to fit my wrist but it's easy enough to buy a shorter and softer strap so that it wraps around my wrist better) and that the strap is stiff and kind of protrudes out instead of in towards the circumference of my wrist.

Dont hold me responsible, but I think its fine. You need to ignore the strap and just look at the case, and I think the case works fine on your wrist. The reason I say this is because I had a similar experience with my Reverso. The leather starts off very rigid and protrudes like that. After a few wears it will soften up and hug your wrist nicely. Coupled with the fact that you say its not properly tightened anyways, I think it will be fine once its adjusted and worn in a bit.

I say to add it to your already impressive collection!
post #35336 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by no frills View Post

Dinner of Champions, anyone?
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
9avasuse.jpg

 

 

Yes, please! IIFYM! :D

post #35337 of 48312
Their burgers are pretty good but their Shack-Ago Dog is sublime.
post #35338 of 48312

Burgers are okay. Fries suck. And their shakes are acceptable. I was disappointed after all the fanfare. 

post #35339 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Need some opinions, is the Reverso 1931 simply too big for me?
I think it's a bit too big for your wrist. Sorry.
post #35340 of 48312
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post

Need some opinions, is the Reverso 1931 simply too big for me?
 
Yes.  But not that much, for the reasons Stitchy said.  You might find also that it looks smaller from further away - the perspective distortion in a phone camera can make it look odd.  But anyway, it's probably a touch on the large side, and the Grand Taille is significantly smaller as you said (42.2 vs 46.8 case height), and the Classique smaller still (38-ish).  Try the former (there's one I really like with small seconds and blued hands, personally), and I think that might well be small enough.  If that still feels slightly out of proportion then there's the classic size before you have to think about ladies' versions.  And the advantage if you do settle on the Classique, is that in the world of mega-watches, the smaller they are, the cheaper they are too: I just saw a simple steel one, mint used with B&P, under $3k.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Breitling, JLC etc...)