or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Can you actually become a handsome guy or is it mostly genetics?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can you actually become a handsome guy or is it mostly genetics? - Page 3

post #31 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post

How amazing, guy with superman avatar replies to my post and gives an amazing reply. What do people really mean by well groomed?
Because as I have said, I look amazing with long hair and my hair down but when I get them cut short I look like a freak accident.

Wear your hair in whatever length looks best on you and that you enjoy wearing. At present, my own hair is past my shoulders and I receive more compliments than when it was military short. I have no intention at all of cutting it. fistbump.gif
post #32 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post

Oh I never said I didn't believe you but I would love to read what makes a man handsome in a womans eyes because even in this day and age, money or looks alone may buy you some lovin' but it won't buy you love. There is more than an ample amount of divorces and breakups to corroborate this.

Love is what happens when you get beyond looks. That's the mistake people make.
post #33 of 160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


If it was an amazing reply you would not need clarification.

I mean compared to the crap you have put all over this thread a lot of replies are amazing. As for clarification, hey, he seems like the kind of guy who knows his stuff so I asked.

post #34 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post

I mean compared to the crap you have put all over this thread a lot of replies are amazing. As for clarification, hey, he seems like the kind of guy who knows his stuff so I asked.

Crap = the truth?

You should check out this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/351153/can-you-actually-become-a-hung-guy-or-is-it-mostly-genetics/0_30
post #35 of 160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Crap = the truth?

You should check out this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/351153/can-you-actually-become-a-hung-guy-or-is-it-mostly-genetics/0_30

 

woo, talk about sensitive


it makes sense, you seem pretty frustrated so chances are you probably have a small one, kind of like that TMI episode of south park

post #36 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post

woo, talk about sensitive


it makes sense, you seem pretty frustrated so chances are you probably have a small one, kind of like that TMI episode of south park

Me? Sensitive? crackup[1].gif
post #37 of 160
Thread Starter 

Getting back to your original post that started it all, yes, women and men are shallow these days. The whole personality stuff is a load of garbage, I learned this first hand. In fact, when it comes to just hook ups (ONS) women are way more selective about looks than men are. When women talk about personality traits, they mean for LTRs aka when they feel their biological clock ticking and feel that it is time to settle down. You got frustrated by a user because you thought she got with a man because of a change of clothes, as men we are shallow too no matter how much we want to deny it. Would you still hit on that pretty looking blonde at the bar if she was overweight and had bad teeth?

 

Now that we have established that looks matter quite a lot for attraction, why can't we keep this topic on how to make the most of your looks and be the handsome guy (maybe plastic surgery) rather than about forum drama?

post #38 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post

Getting back to your original post that started it all, yes, women and men are shallow these days. The whole personality stuff is a load of garbage, I learned this first hand. In fact, when it comes to just hook ups (ONS) women are way more selective about looks than men are. When women talk about personality traits, they mean for LTRs aka when they feel their biological clock ticking and feel that it is time to settle down. You got frustrated by a user because you thought she got with a man because of a change of clothes, as men we are shallow too no matter how much we want to deny it. Would you still hit on that pretty looking blonde at the bar if she was overweight and had bad teeth?

Now that we have established that looks matter quite a lot for attraction, why can't we keep this topic on how to make the most of your looks and be the handsome guy (maybe plastic surgery) rather than about forum drama?

I got frustrated? laugh.gif

Listen, you're way off base about "the handsome guy" and getting girls. Getting girls is actually all about personality...unless you're Brad Pitt.
post #39 of 160
Thread Starter 

I hope you are being sardonic right now.

 

Handsome guys get girls, rich guys get girls, and guys with high status get girls. Sure, personality matters in the sense that you are normal and not socially awkward but beyond that it doesn't mean a thing. In most cases good looks will overshadow a bad personality. I have seen it with my own eyes.

post #40 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post

Getting back to your original post that started it all, yes, women and men are shallow these days. The whole personality stuff is a load of garbage, I learned this first hand. In fact, when it comes to just hook ups (ONS) women are way more selective about looks than men are. When women talk about personality traits, they mean for LTRs aka when they feel their biological clock ticking and feel that it is time to settle down. You got frustrated by a user because you thought she got with a man because of a change of clothes, as men we are shallow too no matter how much we want to deny it. Would you still hit on that pretty looking blonde at the bar if she was overweight and had bad teeth?

Now that we have established that looks matter quite a lot for attraction, why can't we keep this topic on how to make the most of your looks and be the handsome guy (maybe plastic surgery) rather than about forum drama?

Wait...you're complaining about women being shallow for hookups? What other criteria would they use crackup[1].gif "Hey your personality is great, let's go have some meaningless sex then never see each other again." Don't focus on scoring 10s and hooking up if you want depth. Plenty of women are getting into LDRs in college, the prevalence of hookup culture is vastly overstated. People just aren't looking in the right places, ain't going to find women looking for a real partner in da club.


Market dynamics son. Women in the hookup scene get hit on 986t875859696 times more often than men. They can afford to be picky.



Yes I know I put a "t" in there. I don't care.
post #41 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post

I hope you are being sardonic right now.

Handsome guys get girls, rich guys get girls, and guys with high status get girls. Sure, personality matters in the sense that you are normal and not socially awkward but beyond that it doesn't mean a thing. In most cases good looks will overshadow a bad personality. I have seen it with my own eyes.

You're 100% wrong and you're also trying to simplify something very complicated. Maybe you'll figure it out one day, maybe you won't.
post #42 of 160
Thread Starter 

In any relationship, the things that matter the first and foremost are looks. People say looks get you into the door while personality keeps you in it, in order for you to stay in you have to get in first. Personally for my experience I have dated and hooked up with girls that are cute but like a lot of other guys I want the 9s and 10s, for those, looks definitely matter because there is no way in the world I am going to be driving a Lambroghini. So the purpose of this thread was to see how a person can keep on working and be an 8 or above in the looks circle himself because at my age (early 20s), looks are everything. Personality means very little, most 4s will date 4s and most 8s will date other 8s, I want to date 8s and above so looks are extremely important factor along with wealth but that is only if you are a millionaire.

post #43 of 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkKent View Post

In any relationship, the things that matter the first and foremost are looks. People say looks get you into the door while personality keeps you in it, in order for you to stay in you have to get in first. Personally for my experience I have dated and hooked up with girls that are cute but like a lot of other guys I want the 9s and 10s, for those, looks definitely matter because there is no way in the world I am going to be driving a Lambroghini. So the purpose of this thread was to see how a person can keep on working and be an 8 or above in the looks circle himself because at my age (early 20s), looks are everything. Personality means very little, most 4s will date 4s and most 8s will date other 8s, I want to date 8s and above so looks are extremely important factor along with wealth but that is only if you are a millionaire.

Well, not to be harsh here, but if you think a person only gets to date their same number, you are landing 5s and 6s, right?
post #44 of 160
If personality is what matters so much to women, how do we account for the curious phenomenon of large numbers of women becoming devoted groupies of monstrous, wicked murderers, especially if they are good-looking? There was a good op-ed piece on this in the L.A. Times recently. It was inspired by the fact that the infamous Dzokhar Tsarnaev has attracted a huge claque of female devotees. There is something about truly evil men that really appeals to the black, little souls of a great many women.

The article mentioned that Scott Peterson (of Scott & Lacy infamy) received a marriage proposal from an 18-year-old girl the day he arrived in the pen!

Men who are kind, generous loving and attentive to women find themselves spurned and despised more often than not. The women perceive such traits as weakness and prefer brutes, bastards and bad boys instead. I won't say this is true of all women, but it is true of all too many of them.
post #45 of 160
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Well, not to be harsh here, but if you think a person only gets to date their same number, you are landing 5s and 6s, right?


I would put myself more in the 6 to 6.5 range, good enough to be voted into beautifulpeople.com but not the stud on campus with large muscles and chiseled features that Armani and Calvin Klein look for in models.

 

As for the rating, most girls I have dated have been in the 6 to 7 range, cute girls that get hit on but not the girls that turn heads and have guys flooding up their phone.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Can you actually become a handsome guy or is it mostly genetics?