or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

John Elliott - official affiliate thread - Page 670

post #10036 of 25847
What on earth are you guys doin to ur JE that matte black chipping is such an issue? Only chipping ive had was on the back of escobars obviously from sitting but even that is a microscopic amount of chipping
post #10037 of 25847
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanhsu123 View Post

its pretty obvious they're black, no lighting thing would make it look black in all the pictures. Not sure if matte black though.

They are matte black. They are also smaller than any zippers we've ever used - smaller than the alma zips for example.
post #10038 of 25847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cg23 View Post

What on earth are you guys doin to ur JE that matte black chipping is such an issue? Only chipping ive had was on the back of escobars obviously from sitting but even that is a microscopic amount of chipping

Well for starters, it starts to bronze out on both the slider and zipper. Or at least that's what started to happen to my pitch black villain and grey dual escobars, which led me to selling them. And also, the zippers do add a touch of contrast depending what kind of person you are. The black touch is cool on those new sweats but I would've preferred if they were silver. Just my preference, though, so I'll have to pass on them sadly until this fall when more color ways release.

post #10039 of 25847
Got the hoodie and sweater. Looking forward to seeing how the color blends with my moon and charcoal items
post #10040 of 25847
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeanarchy View Post
 

Well for starters, it starts to bronze out on both the slider and zipper. Or at least that's what started to happen to my pitch black villain and grey dual escobars, which led me to selling them. And also, the zippers do add a touch of contrast depending what kind of person you are. The black touch is cool on those new sweats but I would've preferred if they were silver. Just my preference, though, so I'll have to pass on them sadly until this fall when more color ways release.

i understand completely on that it's personal pref, but why are they chipping so heavily? are you washing them often or something because I dont really understand chipping or bronzing being such an issue being on the fronts or sides of garments except for the back pockets which are sat on obviously.

post #10041 of 25847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cg23 View Post
 

i understand completely on that it's personal pref, but why are they chipping so heavily? are you washing them often or something because I dont really understand chipping or bronzing being such an issue being on the fronts or sides of garments except for the back pockets which are sat on obviously.

No dude that's the thing, I just wore them for nursing school, going out, etc. Nothing crazy at that. I'm pretty careful when I wear my garments, especially things like hoodies, coats, pants, etc., whether it be JE or whatever brand it is so I didn't even really need to wash them that often. Oh well, c'est la vie.

post #10042 of 25847

thats really wierd man, sorry that happened. I def hate when stuff like that happens esp when the stuff is a pretty penny. 

post #10043 of 25847
Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeanarchy View Post
 

No dude that's the thing, I just wore them for nursing school, going out, etc. Nothing crazy at that. I'm pretty careful when I wear my garments, especially things like hoodies, coats, pants, etc., whether it be JE or whatever brand it is so I didn't even really need to wash them that often. Oh well, c'est la vie.

I understand your problem about the matte black zippers starting to bronze out. My hoodie also had the same problem but it only happened to the part connecting the slider to the zipper, nothing big. Is yours even worse where the whole zipper is starting to bronze? Either yours is a lot worse than I think or you just can't stand ANY bronzing haha. It must be pretty bad if you decided to sell the piece.

post #10044 of 25847

@JohnElliottCo  - I like the plaster linen sweater and the color is great.  Just a question...are the sleeves deliberately shorter on this piece???

post #10045 of 25847
@JohnElliottCo

Is the flash dual zip in midnight blue a web exclusive? I was wondering if any of your stockists would be receiving them in the near future? More specifically, any Canadian stockists?

Thanks
post #10046 of 25847
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyG61 View Post

@JohnElliottCo

Is the flash dual zip in midnight blue a web exclusive? I was wondering if any of your stockists would be receiving them in the near future? More specifically, any Canadian stockists?

Thanks

This is an exclusive to our website.
post #10047 of 25847
Anyone have their linen sweater ship? My hoodie shipped but not my sweater. In the past this can lead to out of stock cancelation. Hopefully it's not the case as I ordered within the first min
post #10048 of 25847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbidwal View Post

Anyone have their linen sweater ship? My hoodie shipped but not my sweater. In the past this can lead to out of stock cancelation. Hopefully it's not the case as I ordered within the first min

You should receive a separate order / shipping confirmation for the sweater by tomorrow. They came in a bit later.
post #10049 of 25847
Sweater sold out quick damn. Copped a couple extended mercers... Thinking about the sweatpants too but I wanna see a few fit pics first and see the plaster colorway in person
post #10050 of 25847
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnElliottCo View Post

You should receive a separate order / shipping confirmation for the sweater by tomorrow. They came in a bit later.

Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › John Elliott - official affiliate thread