1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ElJeffrey

ElJeffrey Well-Known Member

Nice, I think I'm feeling the "Stormtrooper" look of the white one most.

2. DonHeebenhof

DonHeebenhof Well-Known Member

Got the Rue hoodie in Midnight around 11:45 somehow, just kept adding to cart. Hopefully it fits, if not i will be returning for store credit and trying to pick up a Large when they restock. They also applied my 10% discount for joining mailing list POST purchase. Their customer service is incredible

3. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

We really do try our best to have competitive and fair pricing. Our fabrics are imported from Japan or custom knitted domestically, our hardware comes from Riri (be it zippers or Cobrax buttons), and everything is sewn and finished in Los Angeles. We are by no means price gouging you guys, this is the cost of doing business with the quality of goods that we produce domestically. There are many factors that go into pricing, and that sometimes means taking a hit on our margin to get it out for the price we sell it. Perhaps the Rue doesn't look as complicated to you as the Villain, but if you have a chance to check it out, look at the sewing details and different components to the piece. We do not raise prices just for the sake of it.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
    5 people like this.
  4. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Well-Known Member

Clash Crew releases in two weeks in White, Black, and Mix Grey.

1 person likes this.
  5. gratata

gratata Member

I think this is how my situation will go. Doesn't look like this will ever be resolved. It would be nicer if this was just a T-shirt order, but its a bigger order than that. A month and a half after the UPS claim was filed, nothing. The warehouse has somehow not received the claim yet, although 3 different UPS representatives, at different times, have confirmed the same answer:

"We are waiting on the shipper to return claim documents for us to pay them out. You may want to stay in contact with the shipper for a resolution."

6. Joebo21

Joebo21 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

is this the cast cobalt denim?

7. tokyocean

tokyocean Well-Known Member

This is why I love, appreciate, and respect John Elliott + Co. There's great attention to detail. A lot of work went into the manufacturing process of the goods. I was merely testing some of these guys, making sure they were paying for the right reasons. Some people out there buy expensive things to buy expensive things without thinking about whether or not they're getting what they're paying for. John Elliott + Co definitely has my respect and support.

8. optimaasprime

optimaasprime Well-Known Member

I was ready to ball out and cop a leather jacket.. [​IMG]

9. StPauli

StPauli Well-Known Member

The description mentions welt pockets (plural) so perhaps they are not connected? Furthermore, the central pocket has mesh lining. The curved, finished hem is also a minor detail that factored into their pricing.

I am really digging the Rue (in all colors) and will probably buy one tonight, but am most after the Midnight Blue one. I also like the lack of detailing on the Kito sweatpants. All in all, I really enjoyed this drop.

10. fdyla

fdyla Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, there's a difference between being disappointed in prices and thinking the prices are unfair. While I am disappointed that the over shirt is $325 because I cannot afford to spend that much on shirts, I would assume the price is fairly representing the work that goes into it.

11. fdyla

fdyla Well-Known Member

Dark grey villain will not restock until July according to Brandi. I've been trying to exchange my medium for a large since early December....

12. victoorious

victoorious Well-Known Member

Here are some pics of the Midnight Navy Bomber. got it today. Thin jacket. Pricey IMO but I think its worth it if you got extra cash to spend.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. g33m

g33m Well-Known Member

How big is the zipper pocket on the Rue? Does is connect to the kangaroo hand pockets? Is it big enough to fit a paperback book?

14. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Well-Known Member

How did you get it so fast?

15. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Well-Known Member

I actually really liked this drop. I Only got the dune u neck and long sleeve extended charcoal mercer buuut I think I'm going to grab the grey kitos and either a midnight rue or villain.

16. victoorious

victoorious Well-Known Member

I live in the same city as their warehouse so i always pick up my orders haha.

17. Cg23

Cg23 Well-Known Member

While i completely understand where JE is coming from, it's impossible not to notice the incredible detail in the pieces as i have been victim(as everyone probably at one point is) to paying way too much for a 'brand' that may mass produce so the final product ends up lacking in quality and detail. So it is very nice that JE is one of the few brands that strives for very very intricate detail. With that said, it is a little hard to see a flannel the same price as one that was another conversation piece as to why it was on the pricier sides, but with the reason being the quilted lambskin leather it kinda sucked it was expensive but yet understood because of the quilted leather yoke. Even stated by JE eventually that was the basis of the price being a little higher because of the leather yoke, so although i do see the attention to detail in all of the items, it is a little wierd seein an almost identical product minus the 'expensive part' but with the same price as the one with the leather yoke. I love JE's stuff so not tryin to hate, just my perspective.

18. tokyocean

tokyocean Well-Known Member

Not worth it in my opinion. There are plenty other bomber jackets that are thicker, comprised of great quality, and still priced lower than this one. Maybe a lot of work went into this jacket, but I'm also speaking for my fellow consumers. You can find thicker jackets out there that will keep you warm. Isn't that what jackets are for? They're for keeping you warm. If it's too warm outside to wear a jacket, don't wear one. I'm sure you can still show off your beautiful and great-quality T-shirt that costs $80 and jeans that cost $275.

19. DrinkOrDie

DrinkOrDie Well-Known Member

Midnight Rue Hoodie sold out with quickness lol odd nobody is buying any of the other colors....

20. lowk

lowk Well-Known Member

Where'd this pic come from? I've seen some shots from the same shoots, but havent seen the fits with bombers and some other stuff.