or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The OneShirt: A Phoenix from the Ashes [4/24/13 UPDATE: A SHIRTMAKER, AN ENGLISHMAN, CHAMBRAY, AND FIRE]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The OneShirt: A Phoenix from the Ashes [4/24/13 UPDATE: A SHIRTMAKER, AN ENGLISHMAN, CHAMBRAY,... - Page 70

post #1036 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post

While things are being exposed itt, I'll reveal that hws is...

no one's sock. At least there's no ip match. And the ips he posts from are European.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanS View Post

Is hws foreign or does he troll-post like t4phage?

As an aside, I was reading some of the askandy archives the other day (back when all the smart people (vox, manton, foo, etc.) posted there) and it was a shocker to see t4phage pre-troll-posting. Full sentences...I knew he had it in him!


Look to the before poast, with text boald!
post #1037 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post

Are you suggesting he isn't entitled to be heavy handed and dictatorial in his own thread? If not, what's the point in starting a thread?

yes, that is what i'm suggesting. unless things have gotten completely off-topic, dh power should be wielded w/ benevolence & a sense of humor. invoking it to censor self-perceived pest is an abuse of trust.
post #1038 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by hws View Post


Look to the before poast, with text boald!

OK but you utilize troll expressions so you might very well be an intelligent European with a solid grasp of English (like RDiaz) who deliberately mangles your English to be funny - not that there's anything wrong with that, but c'mon. Some of your shit is ridiculous. Oh well. Fun times.
post #1039 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

yes, that is what i'm suggesting. unless things have gotten completely off-topic, dh power should be wielded w/ benevolence & a sense of humor. invoking it to censor self-perceived pest is an abuse of trust.

You're obviously a socialist.
post #1040 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaymanS View Post

OK but you utilize troll expressions so you might very well be an intelligent European with a solid grasp of English (like RDiaz) who deliberately mangles your English to be funny - not that there's anything wrong with that, but c'mon. Some of your shit is ridiculous. Oh well. Fun times.


I no know what is this troll expression.

In my country English have no official status!
post #1041 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by manchambo View Post

You're obviously a socialist.

because i have not had dh powers bestowed upon me, i will reference your low post count in rebuttal
post #1042 of 1166

I am just wondering why trolls always feel the need to hijack and kill off the informative threads in Styleforum.

 

There are literally thousands of inane threads on this forum, but as soon as there is one that is substantive and non-repetitive, which focuses on style and sartorial details rather than branding and marketing, the trolls come en masse to bury the discussion with pointless needling, personal vendettas, and needless provocation.

 

If you want to kill off a thread, can't you focus on one of the "I'm a new I-Banker, so tell me what suit I should buy, even though I'm going to ignore your advice and buy a double-breasted black suit with lime-green pinstripes" thread.

post #1043 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylkim30 View Post

There are literally thousands of inane threads on this forum, but as soon as there is one that is substantive and non-repetitive, which focuses on style and sartorial details rather than branding and marketing, the trolls come en masse to bury the discussion with pointless needling, personal vendettas, and needless provocation.

Next time there's a string of good posts, I'm going to come in with "C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!"
post #1044 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by ylkim30 View Post

I am just wondering why trolls always feel the need to hijack and kill off the informative threads in Styleforum.

There are literally thousands of inane threads on this forum, but as soon as there is one that is substantive and non-repetitive, which focuses on style and sartorial details rather than branding and marketing, the trolls come en masse to bury the discussion with pointless needling, personal vendettas, and needless provocation.

If you want to kill off a thread, can't you focus on one of the "I'm a new I-Banker, so tell me what suit I should buy, even though I'm going to ignore your advice and buy a double-breasted black suit with lime-green pinstripes" thread.

foo.gif draws them, like moths to a flame. This thread perished in an act of self-immolation.
post #1045 of 1166
I have just found a source of UK made Chambray and yarn dyed coloured Cambric organic cotton, ticker yarn, fabrics. The chambray is on a deeper blue, similar to my Albini version and to the one used by Charvet that I have recently seen in Selfridges London, and the cambric is available in two light blu colour and with the irregular ticken yarn, really has the look and feel of the old style SG chambray, albeit without Poly, the brand or the made in France pedigre, but at around 6 GBP per meter the Chambray and just above 10 GBP per meter for the Cambric... A family member is also coming fom Italy with the SG old style sample that I had in Naples. Will post comparative pictures as soon as I have all fabrics with me and disclose the source then.

PS Cambric is the same as chambray in terms of fabric construction and yarn used, with the difference that Chambray use a white thread and a coloured thread, while the cambric use both thread of the same colour, or with slight differentiation in colour (as in the sample I found)..
post #1046 of 1166
I might be interested in that. Do post pics and details.
post #1047 of 1166
^ Same here.
post #1048 of 1166
Last night I wore a RAF fresco suit and a blue Piccolo shirt made w/ Japanese chambray (presumably - and according to the tag - it was all cotton).

No tie.
post #1049 of 1166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaplan View Post

Last night I wore a RAF fresco suit and a blue Piccolo shirt made w/ Japanese chambray (presumably - and according to the tag - it was all cotton).

No tie.

Pics please bigstar[1].gif
post #1050 of 1166
I'm afraid I didn't get any.
Edited by Kaplan - 5/13/13 at 2:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The OneShirt: A Phoenix from the Ashes [4/24/13 UPDATE: A SHIRTMAKER, AN ENGLISHMAN, CHAMBRAY, AND FIRE]