Recent Images In This Thread
- brandCarminatagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- topicDiscount Codestagged by grunberg, 4/19/15
- brandEdward Green Brandtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categoryFootweartagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandGaziano Girlingtagged by LA Guy, 4/30/13
- categorySockstagged by Murlsquirl, 2/20/15
- brandTrofeo By Stefano Branchinitagged by Cleav, 12/20/15
Related Forum Threads
- Major Drop!!!!!!!!! One shoe thread-Edward Green, Gaziano Girling Last post on 12/4/15 at 8:05am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Advantages of a $1000 Pair of Shoes Last post on 8/8/15 at 12:30pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN: Shoe & Boot Edition Last post on 1/2/17 at 8:22pm in Classic Menswear
Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin’s, Gaziano & Girling, Rubinacci – Official Thread - Page 432post #6466 of 2490512/5/14 at 6:40pmpost #6467 of 2490512/5/14 at 6:42pmpost #6468 of 2490512/5/14 at 6:43pmpost #6469 of 2490512/5/14 at 6:46pmpost #6470 of 2490512/5/14 at 7:00pmAwesome makeups by Skoab again. I'm really impressed by Patrick's designs and creativity. Keeps coming up with winners. Makes me wonder what would happen if he was a shoemaker and could put his ideas directly into creation. I'd probably end up even more broke.
Oh and about the GF GMTO's, it is a curious thing that Carmina GMTO ideas in this thread tend to die but GMTO ideas at GF tend to prosper. I never really understood it myself as I am very happy with Skoab prices and customer service. However he manages to do it, it does add value.post #6471 of 2490512/5/14 at 7:22pmpost #6472 of 2490512/5/14 at 7:43pmQuote:
That arrangement would never work.
Without the revenue generated from all of your purchases, he would have to find a different way to fund his children's college, masters and PH.D degrees.post #6473 of 2490512/5/14 at 9:20pmpost #6474 of 2490512/5/14 at 9:21pmpost #6475 of 2490512/5/14 at 9:49pmThread Starterpost #6476 of 2490512/5/14 at 9:54pmThread Starter
Our Bonafè boot was of course inspired by StC, Enzo Bonafè had a very similar design in their archives that we used. This is almost always the case. I show a picture or describe a style I'd like and they will say "Yes, yes, you mean our style xxxxx, made in 1973"? Most of their archived 4000 styles would considered outdated but there are hundreds that are really cool. Waiting to be discovered!post #6477 of 2490512/5/14 at 10:05pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Ironist
Awesome makeups by Skoab again. I'm really impressed by Patrick's designs and creativity. Keeps coming up with winners. Makes me wonder what would happen if he was a shoemaker and could put his ideas directly into creation. I'd probably end up even more broke.
Oh and about the GF GMTO's, it is a curious thing that Carmina GMTO ideas in this thread tend to die but GMTO ideas at GF tend to prosper. I never really understood it myself as I am very happy with Skoab prices and customer service. However he manages to do it, it does add value.
Thanks, you are too kind. I'm just really into shoes. There are people far more better at design, but I know a great style when I see it.
GF only has one single shoe maker to promote, we have four. I'd love to arrange more GMTOs but sometimes it's hard to get traction with so many ideas and suggestions in the same thread.
Edited by Leaves - 12/5/14 at 10:17pmpost #6478 of 2490512/5/14 at 10:12pmQuote:Any plans for a re-run of the previous boot?Originally Posted by Leaves
Our Bonafè boot was of course inspired by StC, Enzo Bonafè had a very similar design in their archives that we used. This is almost always the case. I show a picture or describe a style I'd like and they will say "Yes, yes, you mean our style xxxxx, made in 1973"? Most of their archived 4000 styles would considered outdated but there are hundreds that are really cool. Waiting to be discovered!post #6479 of 2490512/6/14 at 1:03amQuote:Originally Posted by Leaves
Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Experimenting a bit with lighting and different set ups. It's hard to shoot in the store because of so many different light sources and daylight seeping in. We're not photographers any of us so it's a steep learning curve. Hopefully we can find a nice solution with good quality product pics and still keep a personal touch, I'm not overly fond of light box photos.
Speaking of your photos (which I btw think are very good quality) I can't help think there's always a photo of the shoe from above missing, where one can see the silhouette of the last. While not the most sexy of perspectives it's nevertheless the perspective you will see ones you start wearing them. But that's just a suggestionpost #6480 of 2490512/6/14 at 1:27am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1705 Active Users (367 Members and 1338 Guests)
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 25 seconds ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Pant's too tapered? 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Carmina Sizing Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Roda Linen Scarf by robxznyc
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...