or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 530

post #7936 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

All you orthopeds are high rollers... psychologists either have conferences housed in universities or in the outerborough.

Thorpe looks GOOD though guys! REALLY tempting... but I'll be on the sidelines for this one.

Ahh what are you going to do? Oh I know you should join team Burnham.
post #7937 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


All you orthopeds are high rollers... psychologists either have conferences housed in universities or in the outerborough.

Thorpe looks GOOD though guys! REALLY tempting... but I'll be on the sidelines for this one.


yea i know what you mean, but sometimes we don't even pay for them. There is one in NYC at the end of the month at the Marquis and it is free to a certain amount of attendees. I guess there are sponsors who paid for it all. We can be quite lucky sometimes! Nothing wrong with having it at a university as long as there are nice places to sleep at. 

post #7938 of 23683

i'm not a snob with that stuff as long as the place is clean and close enough to the location of the event.

post #7939 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by laufer View Post

Ahh what are you going to do? Oh I know you should join team Burnham.
I've always been TEAM EDWARD! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

If I didn't have an Acorn CC Galway I'd be interested in the Thorpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post


yea i know what you mean, but sometimes we don't even pay for them. There is one in NYC at the end of the month at the Marquis and it is free to a certain amount of attendees. I guess there are sponsors who paid for it all. We can be quite lucky sometimes! Nothing wrong with having it at a university as long as there are nice places to sleep at. 
Sponsors are definitely key. When in NYC, you want a legit place... enough shady places, especially by NYP/Columbia.
post #7940 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post


I've always been TEAM EDWARD! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

If I didn't have an Acorn CC Galway I'd be interested in the Thorpe
Sponsors are definitely key. When in NYC, you want a legit place... enough shady places, especially by NYP/Columbia.


yea. I know what you mean so it works out well. I actually have my whiskey events at the same place. For any whisk(e)y (bourbon, rye, scotch, etc) I highly suggest attending whiskyfest! 

post #7941 of 23683
Guys,

I love the Thorpe but still deciding. Doesn't the burgundy grain look more red in the otherwise killer mockup? (Thanks again, Jubei)

Other pics on GG tumblr show it a more eggplant shade.

Storm welt, right @CHRK33?
post #7942 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Guys,

I love the Thorpe but still deciding. Doesn't the burgundy grain look more red in the otherwise killer mockup? (Thanks again, Jubei)

Other pics on GG tumblr show it a more eggplant shade.

Storm welt, right @CHRK33?

Aren't you doing Burnham too?
post #7943 of 23683

I remember reading somewhere (on SF) that Enzo Bonafe's lasts typically have a high instep. Are there any Enzo Bonafe lasts that have a low to average instep?

post #7944 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

I remember reading somewhere (on SF) that Enzo Bonafe's lasts typically have a high instep. Are there any Enzo Bonafe lasts that have a low to average instep?

None that anybody knows of 

post #7945 of 23683

Would like to commend @Skoaktiebolaget for their excellent service and my 3rd (4th MTO on the way) with them. Gabriel went back to the store on his off day to check on my shoes to ensure I got them in time for my event which I really appreciate. Really a pleasure transacting with Skoaktiebolaget as usual. 

post #7946 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllick View Post

Would like to commend @Skoaktiebolaget
 for their excellent service and my 3rd (4th MTO on the way) with them. Gabriel went back to the store on his off day to check on my shoes to ensure I got them in time for my event which I really appreciate. Really a pleasure transacting with Skoaktiebolaget as usual. 

They're true shoe nerds. Awesome gents.
post #7947 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post
 

I remember reading somewhere (on SF) that Enzo Bonafe's lasts typically have a high instep. Are there any Enzo Bonafe lasts that have a low to average instep?

 

 A slightly lower instep for Bonafé can be found on the elongated 804 last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fllick View Post
 

Would like to commend @Skoaktiebolaget for their excellent service and my 3rd (4th MTO on the way) with them. Gabriel went back to the store on his off day to check on my shoes to ensure I got them in time for my event which I really appreciate. Really a pleasure transacting with Skoaktiebolaget as usual. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post


They're true shoe nerds. Awesome gents.

Thank you all so much for your support and kind words. Much appreciated. :)

 

Enjoy your weekend, gentlemen!

post #7948 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacafotos View Post

Guys,

I love the Thorpe but still deciding. Doesn't the burgundy grain look more red in the otherwise killer mockup? (Thanks again, Jubei)

Other pics on GG tumblr show it a more eggplant shade.

Storm welt, right @CHRK33?

Yes sir, storm welt. You know you wanna be our fifth. smile.gif
post #7949 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyinsanfran View Post

I remember reading somewhere (on SF) that Enzo Bonafe's lasts typically have a high instep. Are there any Enzo Bonafe lasts that have a low to average instep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhyy View Post

None that anybody knows of 

The 804 is more elongated and has a lower instep than the others if that helps at all.
post #7950 of 23683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaktiebolaget View Post
 

 

 A slightly lower instep for Bonafé can be found on the elongated 804 last.

 

Thank you all so much for your support and kind words. Much appreciated. :)

 

Enjoy your weekend, gentlemen!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mw313 View Post



The 804 is more elongated and has a lower instep than the others if that helps at all.

 

Good to know! Thanks!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's, Gaziano & Girling - Official Affiliate Thread