or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. - Page 799

post #11971 of 14949
Quote:
Originally Posted by keykoo View Post

Only seasonal stuff goes on sale.

Ah so that means only the remaining stuff from ss16 right? :(

 

@$aam i bought it aswell and the shirt has a slim cut and its a bit longer (its described as oversized)

post #11972 of 14949

This is the grunge sweater I was talking about before. They seem to have a black t-shirt underneath it so the holes aren't visible, but it's still possible to see how nice the fit is, as according to the size guide, model is 5'10 with a 35 inch chest and wearing an M. I was at the top of an L at 6'1 and around 147. 

 

https://www.ssense.com/en-gb/men/product/saint-laurent/black-grunge-destroyed-sweater/1647003

post #11973 of 14949

Saint Laurent FW16 musical note jacket makes an appearance in the new song from La Femme. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQDEUU1lyZQ

post #11974 of 14949

you think its coming out in blue as well the red then?
or a one off?

 

(i noticed the guy had it on in some diary pics and looked shit but doesnt look bad there)

 

looks better in that colour too


Edited by youwhat - 6/4/16 at 7:35am
post #11975 of 14949
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanner View Post

Also, the FW15 D10 looks amazing on the model from the look book but I've yet to see anyone actually wear them that high and fitted.. I'm sure I could have sized down but its also possible that I just don't have that type of body lol. 

I sized down one from my D02 size (thanks to this board) and they are by far my best fitting jeans. Really slim through the knee but not constricting, and they feel more comfortable than my raw D02. I know the picture you're talking about, and I think those must have been made especially for that shoot, because the rise really isn't that much higher than the standard low waist. Maybe like one to two cm. They do look cool like that though.
post #11976 of 14949

Does anyone know what the YSL shirt sizes translate to in regular shirt sizes? All it seems to say for pre-order is XS, S, M, L, XL with nothing in the size guide saying what they are. I have a 14.5/37 from the current season and that fits fine. Would that be an XS or an S?

post #11977 of 14949

XS

post #11978 of 14949

@neonrider that was me. was that you in the chain wyatts? if so, you made me want a pair.

 

I'm now interested in ss17. i asked about it the other day and everyone said they knew nothing.

post #11979 of 14949
Quote:
Originally Posted by $aam View Post


Beautiful, thanks. Would love to see an on person pic to see how it fits.

Looks like I slept too hard on these. Not available on ysl.com anymore. Anyone know where I can purchase?

 

Here are some fit pics. They are crappy but I hope they help you out.

 

 

 

post #11980 of 14949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdraps View Post

Here are some fit pics. They are crappy but I hope they help you out.







Great, thank you! Now I just need to find the piece since it's sold out on YSL.com...
post #11981 of 14949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdraps View Post
 

 

Here are some fit pics. They are crappy but I hope they help you out.

 

 

 

Okay, so I'm a fan of numerous SLP classics. But I've never seen a single shirt from them that seems worth the silly prices SLP charge. I'm comparing to your basic "good" shirting (Kamakura, Brooks Brothers) to higher-end names (Brioni). The above shirt resembles something from Uniqlo. 

 

So, genuine question: do you guys think SLP shirting is actually good? Or do you end up buying it simply because it's SLP? I love SLP's take on chelsea boots, jodhpurs, jeans, etc...but for shirting they're distinctly unimpressive IMO.

post #11982 of 14949

i like their seasonal patterned shirts, like FW15 paint splatter, SS13/16 Hawaiians

 

The classic babycats, and stuff

post #11983 of 14949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death24xASecond View Post

Okay, so I'm a fan of numerous SLP classics. But I've never seen a single shirt from them that seems worth the silly prices SLP charge. I'm comparing to your basic "good" shirting (Kamakura, Brooks Brothers) to higher-end names (Brioni). The above shirt resembles something from Uniqlo. 

So, genuine question: do you guys think SLP shirting is actually good? Or do you end up buying it simply because it's SLP? I love SLP's take on chelsea boots, jodhpurs, jeans, etc...but for shirting they're distinctly unimpressive IMO.

Price is kind of a meaningless construct when it comes to luxury items, but I get your point. Normally the SLP shirts I buy are fairly distinctive, meaning I can't really get them from anyone else, like the Hawaiian shirts @needhelp123 mentioned, or the silk shirts. For the more standard shirts, I think you have some options, though fit will be an issue. It all depends on what you value. While a shirt from Brioni or Charvet will undoubtedly be of a higher quality, and for about the same price, it's not the kind of shirt you'd wear with jeans. It just looks strange to me. I think the quality of SLP shirts is about on par with similar luxury houses (Lanvin, etc.), though Saint Laurent still occasionally charges more for their items. It's just easier for me to grab a Saint Laurent shirt and not have to try on a dozen alternatives.
post #11984 of 14949

On shirts, I personally rarely buy them due to the fact that they require fairly significant alterations in order for them to tuck into my jeans without massive amounts of material spilling over and looking messy. However, that's more because I need to take a 40, rather than the fault of the shirts. I do really like the plain cotton Yves and Dylan collar shirts, as well as the silk variations, and the many more seasonal offerings such as the babycat and the polka dots. Check shirts and denim shirts aren't something I'd ever buy myself as they're just not my personal style. As for value for money, I don't see them as being any less value for money than £790 sweaters and £300 t-shirts which I will often buy, and they are pretty durable (the poplin ones at least). 

post #11985 of 14949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death24xASecond View Post
 

Okay, so I'm a fan of numerous SLP classics. But I've never seen a single shirt from them that seems worth the silly prices SLP charge. I'm comparing to your basic "good" shirting (Kamakura, Brooks Brothers) to higher-end names (Brioni). The above shirt resembles something from Uniqlo. 

 

So, genuine question: do you guys think SLP shirting is actually good? Or do you end up buying it simply because it's SLP? I love SLP's take on chelsea boots, jodhpurs, jeans, etc...but for shirting they're distinctly unimpressive IMO.

 

You need to consider if the fit will look good on you.

If a uniqlo shirt fits better than an SLP shirt to you then no doubt go for the uniqlo one. The problem that most people struggle with SLP shirt is probably the length of them honestly because they really are meant to be worn by individuals on the taller side. In the end, I think they are good as long as it fits you decently on the fit and the length

SLP footwear on the other hand are definitely worth the price. It's not really about the quality of the material or anything like that. It's mostly the sleekness of SLP footwear that no other brands' footwear (as of right now) are able to compete with

 

Just personal opinion btw

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.