- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 11/19/15 at 7:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Suggestions: Non Leather Bomber Jacket Options For Upcoming Months Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on 11/29/15 at 5:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- Duck Pointer Chore XS Last post on 8/31/15 at 8:09pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 11/27/15 at 8:19am in Streetwear and Denim
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Shirt Jackets: A Study in IndecisionLast edited: 9/8/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
When do you keep your jacket buttoned? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17 of 448/24/12 at 1:18ampost #18 of 448/24/12 at 1:40ampost #19 of 448/24/12 at 1:41ampost #20 of 448/24/12 at 2:06ampost #21 of 448/24/12 at 4:31ampost #22 of 448/24/12 at 5:18ampost #23 of 448/24/12 at 5:35ampost #24 of 448/24/12 at 6:02ampost #25 of 448/24/12 at 6:04ampost #26 of 448/24/12 at 6:17amQuote:
You were told wrong.
In the privacy of your office at work, that's your business.
My Mam was a very old school lady and would cringe at the sight of men at restaurants immediately removing their jackets at the table, revealing braces, wrinkled shirts, etc.post #27 of 448/24/12 at 6:18ampost #28 of 448/24/12 at 7:28am
Interested by the sub-theme emerging in the thread:
How many of us wear our jacket when seated at our desks and how many of us remove it?
I keep it on (unbuttoned unless DB).
EDIT: Concessions for warm weather, or 'woman's whim' per CausticMan @ #14.
Edited by Balfour - 8/24/12 at 8:05ampost #29 of 448/24/12 at 7:44amI remove while seated at my desk.
I find it uncomfortable to wear a jacket all day while sitting, plus the A/C in my office isn't great, so I'd probably be warm.
Plus it seems a bit stuffy to keep my jacket on, especially when my direct reports are in business casual during the summer anywaypost #30 of 448/24/12 at 7:57am
When walking around the department or the wider world, my jacket is always buttoned. Sitting down, in a meeting I will wear the jacket and keep it buttoned, unless it's too hot in which case I may either unbutton it or even take it off. In the privacy of my own office, I will usually take it off unless it's cold. But if it's cold, I will normally have a sweater or vest at hand (I have a lot of clothes in my office ready for almost all eventualities!).
- When do you keep your jacket buttoned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 24 seconds ago
- › ARCTERYX VEILANCE IS FIELD JACKET....any clue on sizing? 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Mid gray super 150's Corneliani "Leader" suit in 52R EU / 42R US. 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 11 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories