- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- FRIDAY CHALLENGE 26TH FEBRUARY 2016 BROWN TIE CHALLENGE (BTC) Last post on 3/2/16 at 4:36am in Classic Menswear
- TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): Fall-Winter Edition Last post on 9/29/16 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
- Styleforum and A&H present "The Proper Kit" Trunk show in NYC, Nov 7 2015 Last post on 9/30/16 at 5:32am in Classic Menswear
- Suggestions: Non Leather Bomber Jacket Options For Upcoming Months Last post on 9/24/15 at 7:21pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Yesterday at 3:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016
Last edited: 1/29/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Buyer's Guide to Fall JacketsLast edited: 9/7/15
- Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn OuterwearLast edited: 9/8/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
When do you keep your jacket buttoned? - Page 2post #17 of 448/24/12 at 1:18ampost #18 of 448/24/12 at 1:40ampost #19 of 448/24/12 at 1:41ampost #20 of 448/24/12 at 2:06ampost #21 of 448/24/12 at 4:31ampost #22 of 448/24/12 at 5:18ampost #23 of 448/24/12 at 5:35ampost #24 of 448/24/12 at 6:02ampost #25 of 448/24/12 at 6:04ampost #26 of 448/24/12 at 6:17amQuote:
You were told wrong.
In the privacy of your office at work, that's your business.
My Mam was a very old school lady and would cringe at the sight of men at restaurants immediately removing their jackets at the table, revealing braces, wrinkled shirts, etc.post #27 of 448/24/12 at 6:18ampost #28 of 448/24/12 at 7:28am
Interested by the sub-theme emerging in the thread:
How many of us wear our jacket when seated at our desks and how many of us remove it?
I keep it on (unbuttoned unless DB).
EDIT: Concessions for warm weather, or 'woman's whim' per CausticMan @ #14.
Edited by Balfour - 8/24/12 at 8:05ampost #29 of 448/24/12 at 7:44amI remove while seated at my desk.
I find it uncomfortable to wear a jacket all day while sitting, plus the A/C in my office isn't great, so I'd probably be warm.
Plus it seems a bit stuffy to keep my jacket on, especially when my direct reports are in business casual during the summer anywaypost #30 of 448/24/12 at 7:57am
When walking around the department or the wider world, my jacket is always buttoned. Sitting down, in a meeting I will wear the jacket and keep it buttoned, unless it's too hot in which case I may either unbutton it or even take it off. In the privacy of my own office, I will usually take it off unless it's cold. But if it's cold, I will normally have a sweater or vest at hand (I have a lot of clothes in my office ready for almost all eventualities!).
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Outerwear
- › things that are making you happy 38 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 51 seconds ago
- › 5x INCOTEX/Mabitex Chinos 38/48R Various Styles and Blends 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › VESTS / Stuff-carrying gear 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › $5 Super Tie & Pocket Square Clearance. New & Used. All Fabrics,... 10 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway