- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 8/24/12
Related Forum Threads
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 5/27/15 at 5:17pm in Streetwear and Denim
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 11:42am in Streetwear and Denim
- Luigi Borrelli Napoli - Navy Bomber 50 IT Last post on 3/4/15 at 11:34am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- PITTI UOMO 86: THE REPEATS Last post on 10/28/14 at 10:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- JUN HASHIMOTO AT PITTI 86 Last post on 9/12/14 at 1:58pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
When do you keep your jacket buttoned? - Page 2
Styleforum Top Picks
You were told wrong.
In the privacy of your office at work, that's your business.
My Mam was a very old school lady and would cringe at the sight of men at restaurants immediately removing their jackets at the table, revealing braces, wrinkled shirts, etc.
Interested by the sub-theme emerging in the thread:
How many of us wear our jacket when seated at our desks and how many of us remove it?
I keep it on (unbuttoned unless DB).
EDIT: Concessions for warm weather, or 'woman's whim' per CausticMan @ #14.
Edited by Balfour - 8/24/12 at 8:05am
I find it uncomfortable to wear a jacket all day while sitting, plus the A/C in my office isn't great, so I'd probably be warm.
Plus it seems a bit stuffy to keep my jacket on, especially when my direct reports are in business casual during the summer anyway
When walking around the department or the wider world, my jacket is always buttoned. Sitting down, in a meeting I will wear the jacket and keep it buttoned, unless it's too hot in which case I may either unbutton it or even take it off. In the privacy of my own office, I will usually take it off unless it's cold. But if it's cold, I will normally have a sweater or vest at hand (I have a lot of clothes in my office ready for almost all eventualities!).
- When do you keep your jacket buttoned?
Styleforum Top Picks
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 30 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 7 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan