That's not irony, it's coincidence.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on Today at 5:16 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:39 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:58 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 3:21 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 25post #361 of 3899/12/13 at 8:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #362 of 3899/12/13 at 10:40ampost #363 of 3899/12/13 at 1:36pmpost #364 of 3899/12/13 at 4:54pmpost #365 of 3899/13/13 at 12:49ampost #366 of 3899/13/13 at 3:56amQuote:
Bullcrap. Women would drool over a guy in any kind of suit and tie. You could probably wear a black shirt and red tie and get the same response from most women. Endeavoring to dress well is something entirely different.post #367 of 3899/13/13 at 4:29amQuote:
Is their any chance we can drop the what women want 'bullcrap' full stop? Funnily enough, women are individual human beings, the same as men, and have as varied tastes and interests. Any women I've spent much worthwhile time with has had their own aesthetic sensibility (whether or not it accorded with my own) and a mind of their own...post #368 of 3899/13/13 at 4:34am
Lesson #1: It will be dropped when no one has an interest in talking about it anymore. Full stop. Er, well not 'full stop' I guess, because women weren't the issue being discussed. If an attempt was made to look deeper into the statement it would have become apparent that the real subject of the conversation is why men dress the way they do, not what women want.
Lesson #2: No one has a mind of their own.post #369 of 3899/13/13 at 5:37ampost #370 of 3899/19/13 at 4:03amSaw my first Eldredge tie knot in the wild yesterday. Guy was wearing it on the subway, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing it to be humorous, either.
Maybe the worst part was that he had this undersized collar on his shirt. That, plus the baseball sized tumor/knot caused his collar points to lift a good inch, inch and a half off his shirt. The collar points were seriously pointed almost straight ahead. It looked awful.post #371 of 3899/19/13 at 6:04amThe oversized knot and undersized collar is way too common out there. These same people are usually the first to comment about how you need to "fill up the space" in the between the points.
At my grandmother's funeral last year my uncle was busting my balls about my tie dimple. He said it needs to be perfectly smooth. Mind you, he is a 300 pound guy with tattoo's who wears a black dress shirt and sweatpants everyday. I told him when he starts dressing better than me on a daily basis then I will take his advice.post #372 of 3899/19/13 at 8:07ampost #373 of 3899/19/13 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
At my grandmother's funeral last year my uncle was busting my balls about my tie dimple. He said it needs to be perfectly smooth. Mind you, he is a 300 pound guy with tattoo's who wears a black dress shirt and sweatpants everyday. I told him when he starts dressing better than me on a daily basis then I will take his advice.
I've actually read that it's disrespectful to dimple your tie at a funeral, as it's not an occasion to be decorative (same reason for forgoing a pocket square at a funeral). Mind you, this info comes from a Japanese manga about a super tailor.post #374 of 3899/19/13 at 12:47pmpost #375 of 3899/19/13 at 1:01pmQuote:
I mean when has Japanese manga about super tailors ever steered your wrong?
- The Worst Look
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 35 seconds ago
- › Polo / Golf Shirt with a Tie?? 41 seconds ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 58 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 8 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 8 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...