That's not irony, it's coincidence.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:13 pm in Classic Menswear
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 5:24 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Worst Look - Page 25post #362 of 3899/12/13 at 10:40ampost #363 of 3899/12/13 at 1:36pmpost #364 of 3899/12/13 at 4:54pmpost #365 of 3899/13/13 at 12:49ampost #366 of 3899/13/13 at 3:56amQuote:
Bullcrap. Women would drool over a guy in any kind of suit and tie. You could probably wear a black shirt and red tie and get the same response from most women. Endeavoring to dress well is something entirely different.post #367 of 3899/13/13 at 4:29amQuote:
Is their any chance we can drop the what women want 'bullcrap' full stop? Funnily enough, women are individual human beings, the same as men, and have as varied tastes and interests. Any women I've spent much worthwhile time with has had their own aesthetic sensibility (whether or not it accorded with my own) and a mind of their own...post #368 of 3899/13/13 at 4:34am
Lesson #1: It will be dropped when no one has an interest in talking about it anymore. Full stop. Er, well not 'full stop' I guess, because women weren't the issue being discussed. If an attempt was made to look deeper into the statement it would have become apparent that the real subject of the conversation is why men dress the way they do, not what women want.
Lesson #2: No one has a mind of their own.post #369 of 3899/13/13 at 5:37ampost #370 of 3899/19/13 at 4:03amSaw my first Eldredge tie knot in the wild yesterday. Guy was wearing it on the subway, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing it to be humorous, either.
Maybe the worst part was that he had this undersized collar on his shirt. That, plus the baseball sized tumor/knot caused his collar points to lift a good inch, inch and a half off his shirt. The collar points were seriously pointed almost straight ahead. It looked awful.post #371 of 3899/19/13 at 6:04amThe oversized knot and undersized collar is way too common out there. These same people are usually the first to comment about how you need to "fill up the space" in the between the points.
At my grandmother's funeral last year my uncle was busting my balls about my tie dimple. He said it needs to be perfectly smooth. Mind you, he is a 300 pound guy with tattoo's who wears a black dress shirt and sweatpants everyday. I told him when he starts dressing better than me on a daily basis then I will take his advice.post #372 of 3899/19/13 at 8:07ampost #373 of 3899/19/13 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
At my grandmother's funeral last year my uncle was busting my balls about my tie dimple. He said it needs to be perfectly smooth. Mind you, he is a 300 pound guy with tattoo's who wears a black dress shirt and sweatpants everyday. I told him when he starts dressing better than me on a daily basis then I will take his advice.
I've actually read that it's disrespectful to dimple your tie at a funeral, as it's not an occasion to be decorative (same reason for forgoing a pocket square at a funeral). Mind you, this info comes from a Japanese manga about a super tailor.post #374 of 3899/19/13 at 12:47pmpost #375 of 3899/19/13 at 1:01pmQuote:
I mean when has Japanese manga about super tailors ever steered your wrong?
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 19 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 20 minutes ago
- › Where is your style going? 21 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 22 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › Pre-wash Raw Denim at Home? 37 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 39 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 41 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Suede Wingtip 10 11 50 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...