That's not irony, it's coincidence.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 12:40 pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Worst Look - Page 25post #361 of 3899/12/13 at 8:17am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #362 of 3899/12/13 at 10:40ampost #363 of 3899/12/13 at 1:36pmpost #364 of 3899/12/13 at 4:54pmpost #365 of 3899/13/13 at 12:49ampost #366 of 3899/13/13 at 3:56amQuote:
Bullcrap. Women would drool over a guy in any kind of suit and tie. You could probably wear a black shirt and red tie and get the same response from most women. Endeavoring to dress well is something entirely different.post #367 of 3899/13/13 at 4:29amQuote:
Is their any chance we can drop the what women want 'bullcrap' full stop? Funnily enough, women are individual human beings, the same as men, and have as varied tastes and interests. Any women I've spent much worthwhile time with has had their own aesthetic sensibility (whether or not it accorded with my own) and a mind of their own...post #368 of 3899/13/13 at 4:34am
Lesson #1: It will be dropped when no one has an interest in talking about it anymore. Full stop. Er, well not 'full stop' I guess, because women weren't the issue being discussed. If an attempt was made to look deeper into the statement it would have become apparent that the real subject of the conversation is why men dress the way they do, not what women want.
Lesson #2: No one has a mind of their own.post #369 of 3899/13/13 at 5:37ampost #370 of 3899/19/13 at 4:03amSaw my first Eldredge tie knot in the wild yesterday. Guy was wearing it on the subway, and I'm pretty sure he wasn't doing it to be humorous, either.
Maybe the worst part was that he had this undersized collar on his shirt. That, plus the baseball sized tumor/knot caused his collar points to lift a good inch, inch and a half off his shirt. The collar points were seriously pointed almost straight ahead. It looked awful.post #371 of 3899/19/13 at 6:04amThe oversized knot and undersized collar is way too common out there. These same people are usually the first to comment about how you need to "fill up the space" in the between the points.
At my grandmother's funeral last year my uncle was busting my balls about my tie dimple. He said it needs to be perfectly smooth. Mind you, he is a 300 pound guy with tattoo's who wears a black dress shirt and sweatpants everyday. I told him when he starts dressing better than me on a daily basis then I will take his advice.post #372 of 3899/19/13 at 8:07ampost #373 of 3899/19/13 at 9:57amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
At my grandmother's funeral last year my uncle was busting my balls about my tie dimple. He said it needs to be perfectly smooth. Mind you, he is a 300 pound guy with tattoo's who wears a black dress shirt and sweatpants everyday. I told him when he starts dressing better than me on a daily basis then I will take his advice.
I've actually read that it's disrespectful to dimple your tie at a funeral, as it's not an occasion to be decorative (same reason for forgoing a pocket square at a funeral). Mind you, this info comes from a Japanese manga about a super tailor.post #374 of 3899/19/13 at 12:47pmpost #375 of 3899/19/13 at 1:01pmQuote:
I mean when has Japanese manga about super tailors ever steered your wrong?
- The Worst Look
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tom Ford Navy Wool Plaid Sport Coat EU62 R 1 minute ago
- › Help Please for a bespoke Dinner Jacket (tuxedo) 1 minute ago
- › Video Games 2 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › [QUICK SALE] M.A+ Cashmere Lined Moleskin Jacket sz 52 (50) 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Book/Magazine Men's Fashion Collection 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...