You work at E!SPN?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:31 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 177post #2641 of 1396410/12/12 at 6:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2642 of 1396410/12/12 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
More and more. I'm getting a bit tired of mtm/bespoke. I know that may sound strange (or blasé)
on this forum and considering how much I've enjoyed choosing fabrics, buttons, details etcetera
in the past. And I'm happy with the MTM suits and bespoke shirts that I currently have (I don't have
bespoke suits or jackets). But I think I can get a decent fit OTR, and decent is good enough for me.
Getting the right fit on clothes is a PITA; I don't enjoy that process of tweaking and tweaking to get a
perfect (or really good) fit at all.
But ask me again in a couple of years.Quote:
But is it all about the perfection? Look at NOBD's latest post Donegal suit, go try and buy some 3/2 patch pocket suits, or some fresco or flannel fabric suits. I can't find them easily.post #2643 of 1396410/12/12 at 7:30pmpost #2644 of 1396410/13/12 at 12:57ampost #2645 of 1396410/13/12 at 1:57amQuote:
True, JP. I love the picking of fabrics and details part of MTM. I think all of my Caruso suits are hard or perhaps impossible to find OTR.post #2646 of 1396410/13/12 at 3:13amQuote:Originally Posted by jrd617
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Strangely enough, I who am swedish and don't have any education in dutch, actually understands pretty much of what their writing. The languages (written) are quite similar and the culture as well I believe.
Edited by point1 - 10/14/12 at 6:05ampost #2647 of 1396410/13/12 at 7:20ampost #2648 of 1396410/13/12 at 5:17pmpost #2649 of 1396410/13/12 at 5:22pmRight now I'm still at the stage where when I put on my RTW stuff it annoys me slightly. Of course some of my bespoke things still annoy me slightly too but...slightly less. And I think I have it close to dialed in now on bespoke, at least with Mina. Having put in the time effort and expense to get there it seems to make sense to take advantage and get things that fit me the way I like.post #2650 of 1396410/13/12 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Right now I'm still at the stage where when I put on my RTW stuff it annoys me slightly. Of course some of my bespoke things still annoy me slightly too but...slightly less. And I think I have it close to dialed in now on bespoke, at least with Mina. Having put in the time effort and expense to get there it seems to make sense to take advantage and get things that fit me the way I like.
How many garments did you get from her?post #2651 of 1396410/13/12 at 6:57pm
I'd appreciate your comments on which tie/PS, if any, works.
Up first is a flat silk 7 fold and a shot silk Hober PS (kind of coarse, like raw silk, but with a sheen) furnishing the brown fresco. Shirt is creamy to light yellow.
Second is a grenadine grossa with a raw silk print in light greens, browns and yellows.
More contrast here with a burgundy grozza squarepost #2652 of 1396410/13/12 at 7:03pmpost #2653 of 1396410/13/12 at 7:14pmpost #2654 of 1396410/13/12 at 7:59pmQuote:
absolutely loving that fresco so much i will be getting more: the texture as much as the color of it. Your blue + brown and off-white would be very much the kind of look you go for yourself no? I'll try it.
thanks, yean pink and brown can work - Vox combineda brown SC and pink BD recently on his Tublr - with a black wool tie and i think a pale PSpost #2655 of 1396410/13/12 at 10:46pm
As of right now in my closet, I have 3 odd jackets, 2 odd trousers, 2 shirts, and 1 suit. 4 suits and 3 odd jackets are in various stages of completion. Really all of the things that bother me about earlier commissions are things that I got wrong during the fittings rather than things that Mina got wrong. It takes a little bit to learn how to envision something as a final product that you're wearing every day when you're looking at it in a mirror in the fitting stage for a few minutes. Sometimes it takes wearing something a few times before you realize you wish you had done something slightly differently. But even from the first commissions, particularly in the chest and shoulders, the fit is far superior to anything RTW I have.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Trafalgar Braces / Suspenders: Unique Braided Fabric 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 4 minutes ago
- › Rogue Territory: Handmade Denim Goods 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015