You work at E!SPN?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:19 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- What color shirt/tie to wear with my suit? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:15am in Classic Menswear
- Fashion in Tonights Debate: Romney vs Obama Last post on 11/11/13 at 6:25am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 177post #2641 of 1390510/12/12 at 6:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2642 of 1390510/12/12 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
More and more. I'm getting a bit tired of mtm/bespoke. I know that may sound strange (or blasé)
on this forum and considering how much I've enjoyed choosing fabrics, buttons, details etcetera
in the past. And I'm happy with the MTM suits and bespoke shirts that I currently have (I don't have
bespoke suits or jackets). But I think I can get a decent fit OTR, and decent is good enough for me.
Getting the right fit on clothes is a PITA; I don't enjoy that process of tweaking and tweaking to get a
perfect (or really good) fit at all.
But ask me again in a couple of years.Quote:
But is it all about the perfection? Look at NOBD's latest post Donegal suit, go try and buy some 3/2 patch pocket suits, or some fresco or flannel fabric suits. I can't find them easily.post #2643 of 1390510/12/12 at 7:30pmpost #2644 of 1390510/13/12 at 12:57ampost #2645 of 1390510/13/12 at 1:57amQuote:
True, JP. I love the picking of fabrics and details part of MTM. I think all of my Caruso suits are hard or perhaps impossible to find OTR.post #2646 of 1390510/13/12 at 3:13amQuote:Originally Posted by jrd617
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Strangely enough, I who am swedish and don't have any education in dutch, actually understands pretty much of what their writing. The languages (written) are quite similar and the culture as well I believe.
Edited by point1 - 10/14/12 at 6:05ampost #2647 of 1390510/13/12 at 7:20ampost #2648 of 1390510/13/12 at 5:17pmpost #2649 of 1390510/13/12 at 5:22pmRight now I'm still at the stage where when I put on my RTW stuff it annoys me slightly. Of course some of my bespoke things still annoy me slightly too but...slightly less. And I think I have it close to dialed in now on bespoke, at least with Mina. Having put in the time effort and expense to get there it seems to make sense to take advantage and get things that fit me the way I like.post #2650 of 1390510/13/12 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Right now I'm still at the stage where when I put on my RTW stuff it annoys me slightly. Of course some of my bespoke things still annoy me slightly too but...slightly less. And I think I have it close to dialed in now on bespoke, at least with Mina. Having put in the time effort and expense to get there it seems to make sense to take advantage and get things that fit me the way I like.
How many garments did you get from her?post #2651 of 1390510/13/12 at 6:57pm
I'd appreciate your comments on which tie/PS, if any, works.
Up first is a flat silk 7 fold and a shot silk Hober PS (kind of coarse, like raw silk, but with a sheen) furnishing the brown fresco. Shirt is creamy to light yellow.
Second is a grenadine grossa with a raw silk print in light greens, browns and yellows.
More contrast here with a burgundy grozza squarepost #2652 of 1390510/13/12 at 7:03pmpost #2653 of 1390510/13/12 at 7:14pmpost #2654 of 1390510/13/12 at 7:59pmQuote:
absolutely loving that fresco so much i will be getting more: the texture as much as the color of it. Your blue + brown and off-white would be very much the kind of look you go for yourself no? I'll try it.
thanks, yean pink and brown can work - Vox combineda brown SC and pink BD recently on his Tublr - with a black wool tie and i think a pale PSpost #2655 of 1390510/13/12 at 10:46pm
As of right now in my closet, I have 3 odd jackets, 2 odd trousers, 2 shirts, and 1 suit. 4 suits and 3 odd jackets are in various stages of completion. Really all of the things that bother me about earlier commissions are things that I got wrong during the fittings rather than things that Mina got wrong. It takes a little bit to learn how to envision something as a final product that you're wearing every day when you're looking at it in a mirror in the fitting stage for a few minutes. Sometimes it takes wearing something a few times before you realize you wish you had done something slightly differently. But even from the first commissions, particularly in the chest and shoulders, the fit is far superior to anything RTW I have.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Engineered Garments SS15 16 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › HD TV??//////England vs Lithuania live 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...