You work at E!SPN?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:59 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Grant Stone
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 177post #2641 of 1405510/12/12 at 6:16pmpost #2642 of 1405510/12/12 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
More and more. I'm getting a bit tired of mtm/bespoke. I know that may sound strange (or blasé)
on this forum and considering how much I've enjoyed choosing fabrics, buttons, details etcetera
in the past. And I'm happy with the MTM suits and bespoke shirts that I currently have (I don't have
bespoke suits or jackets). But I think I can get a decent fit OTR, and decent is good enough for me.
Getting the right fit on clothes is a PITA; I don't enjoy that process of tweaking and tweaking to get a
perfect (or really good) fit at all.
But ask me again in a couple of years.Quote:
But is it all about the perfection? Look at NOBD's latest post Donegal suit, go try and buy some 3/2 patch pocket suits, or some fresco or flannel fabric suits. I can't find them easily.post #2643 of 1405510/12/12 at 7:30pmpost #2644 of 1405510/13/12 at 12:57ampost #2645 of 1405510/13/12 at 1:57amQuote:
True, JP. I love the picking of fabrics and details part of MTM. I think all of my Caruso suits are hard or perhaps impossible to find OTR.post #2646 of 1405510/13/12 at 3:13amQuote:Originally Posted by jrd617
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Strangely enough, I who am swedish and don't have any education in dutch, actually understands pretty much of what their writing. The languages (written) are quite similar and the culture as well I believe.
Edited by point1 - 10/14/12 at 6:05ampost #2647 of 1405510/13/12 at 7:20ampost #2648 of 1405510/13/12 at 5:17pmpost #2649 of 1405510/13/12 at 5:22pmRight now I'm still at the stage where when I put on my RTW stuff it annoys me slightly. Of course some of my bespoke things still annoy me slightly too but...slightly less. And I think I have it close to dialed in now on bespoke, at least with Mina. Having put in the time effort and expense to get there it seems to make sense to take advantage and get things that fit me the way I like.post #2650 of 1405510/13/12 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Right now I'm still at the stage where when I put on my RTW stuff it annoys me slightly. Of course some of my bespoke things still annoy me slightly too but...slightly less. And I think I have it close to dialed in now on bespoke, at least with Mina. Having put in the time effort and expense to get there it seems to make sense to take advantage and get things that fit me the way I like.
How many garments did you get from her?post #2651 of 1405510/13/12 at 6:57pm
I'd appreciate your comments on which tie/PS, if any, works.
Up first is a flat silk 7 fold and a shot silk Hober PS (kind of coarse, like raw silk, but with a sheen) furnishing the brown fresco. Shirt is creamy to light yellow.
Second is a grenadine grossa with a raw silk print in light greens, browns and yellows.
More contrast here with a burgundy grozza squarepost #2652 of 1405510/13/12 at 7:03pmpost #2653 of 1405510/13/12 at 7:14pmpost #2654 of 1405510/13/12 at 7:59pmQuote:
absolutely loving that fresco so much i will be getting more: the texture as much as the color of it. Your blue + brown and off-white would be very much the kind of look you go for yourself no? I'll try it.
thanks, yean pink and brown can work - Vox combineda brown SC and pink BD recently on his Tublr - with a black wool tie and i think a pale PSpost #2655 of 1405510/13/12 at 10:46pm
As of right now in my closet, I have 3 odd jackets, 2 odd trousers, 2 shirts, and 1 suit. 4 suits and 3 odd jackets are in various stages of completion. Really all of the things that bother me about earlier commissions are things that I got wrong during the fittings rather than things that Mina got wrong. It takes a little bit to learn how to envision something as a final product that you're wearing every day when you're looking at it in a mirror in the fitting stage for a few minutes. Sometimes it takes wearing something a few times before you realize you wish you had done something slightly differently. But even from the first commissions, particularly in the chest and shoulders, the fit is far superior to anything RTW I have.
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 9 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 15 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 23 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 26 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 34 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts