You work at E!SPN?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 10:54 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 4:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ Last post on Today at 9:11 am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
whnay.'s good taste thread - Page 177post #2641 of 1394510/12/12 at 6:16pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2642 of 1394510/12/12 at 7:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by NOBD
More and more. I'm getting a bit tired of mtm/bespoke. I know that may sound strange (or blasé)
on this forum and considering how much I've enjoyed choosing fabrics, buttons, details etcetera
in the past. And I'm happy with the MTM suits and bespoke shirts that I currently have (I don't have
bespoke suits or jackets). But I think I can get a decent fit OTR, and decent is good enough for me.
Getting the right fit on clothes is a PITA; I don't enjoy that process of tweaking and tweaking to get a
perfect (or really good) fit at all.
But ask me again in a couple of years.Quote:
But is it all about the perfection? Look at NOBD's latest post Donegal suit, go try and buy some 3/2 patch pocket suits, or some fresco or flannel fabric suits. I can't find them easily.post #2643 of 1394510/12/12 at 7:30pmpost #2644 of 1394510/13/12 at 12:57ampost #2645 of 1394510/13/12 at 1:57amQuote:
True, JP. I love the picking of fabrics and details part of MTM. I think all of my Caruso suits are hard or perhaps impossible to find OTR.post #2646 of 1394510/13/12 at 3:13amQuote:Originally Posted by jrd617
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Strangely enough, I who am swedish and don't have any education in dutch, actually understands pretty much of what their writing. The languages (written) are quite similar and the culture as well I believe.
Edited by point1 - 10/14/12 at 6:05ampost #2647 of 1394510/13/12 at 7:20ampost #2648 of 1394510/13/12 at 5:17pmpost #2649 of 1394510/13/12 at 5:22pmRight now I'm still at the stage where when I put on my RTW stuff it annoys me slightly. Of course some of my bespoke things still annoy me slightly too but...slightly less. And I think I have it close to dialed in now on bespoke, at least with Mina. Having put in the time effort and expense to get there it seems to make sense to take advantage and get things that fit me the way I like.post #2650 of 1394510/13/12 at 6:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
Right now I'm still at the stage where when I put on my RTW stuff it annoys me slightly. Of course some of my bespoke things still annoy me slightly too but...slightly less. And I think I have it close to dialed in now on bespoke, at least with Mina. Having put in the time effort and expense to get there it seems to make sense to take advantage and get things that fit me the way I like.
How many garments did you get from her?post #2651 of 1394510/13/12 at 6:57pm
I'd appreciate your comments on which tie/PS, if any, works.
Up first is a flat silk 7 fold and a shot silk Hober PS (kind of coarse, like raw silk, but with a sheen) furnishing the brown fresco. Shirt is creamy to light yellow.
Second is a grenadine grossa with a raw silk print in light greens, browns and yellows.
More contrast here with a burgundy grozza squarepost #2652 of 1394510/13/12 at 7:03pmpost #2653 of 1394510/13/12 at 7:14pmpost #2654 of 1394510/13/12 at 7:59pmQuote:
absolutely loving that fresco so much i will be getting more: the texture as much as the color of it. Your blue + brown and off-white would be very much the kind of look you go for yourself no? I'll try it.
thanks, yean pink and brown can work - Vox combineda brown SC and pink BD recently on his Tublr - with a black wool tie and i think a pale PSpost #2655 of 1394510/13/12 at 10:46pm
As of right now in my closet, I have 3 odd jackets, 2 odd trousers, 2 shirts, and 1 suit. 4 suits and 3 odd jackets are in various stages of completion. Really all of the things that bother me about earlier commissions are things that I got wrong during the fittings rather than things that Mina got wrong. It takes a little bit to learn how to envision something as a final product that you're wearing every day when you're looking at it in a mirror in the fitting stage for a few minutes. Sometimes it takes wearing something a few times before you realize you wish you had done something slightly differently. But even from the first commissions, particularly in the chest and shoulders, the fit is far superior to anything RTW I have.
- whnay.'s good taste thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › **જય શનિ** +91-9829619725 BlACk MaGiC MaNTrA FoR LOvE In Dehradun 5 seconds ago
- › **જય શનિ** +91-9829619725 BlACk MaGiC MaNTrA FoR LOvE In Allahabad 19 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's size 8 1/2F EUR or 9 1/2 US 1 minute ago
- › **જય શનિ** +91-9829619725 BlACk MaGiC MaNTrA FoR LOvE In Navi... 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › **જય શનિ** +91-9829619725 BlACk MaGiC MaNTrA FoR LOvE In Rajkot 2 minutes ago
- › **જય શનિ** +91-9829619725 BlACk MaGiC MaNTrA FoR LOvE In Faridabad 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan