or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012) - Page 172

post #2566 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

this was despicable but can't say I'm too surprised

^^It is mildly amusing, but thoroughly ironic, that a person using a screen name "the Shah" objects to my use of the word "jihadi."
post #2567 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Hooligans are simply trouble makers and, in fact, in many cases aren't all that closely connected to the clubs they pretend to support--the word lacks the "blind faith" aspects of the one I chose.

I remember watching a documentary about Chelsea Headhunters by McIntyre...

They were travelling to Copenhagen and barely watched the game...

What a bunch of morons..
post #2568 of 4307
I don't think the refs were watching the same Liverpool match that I was, that's for sure.
post #2569 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

I remember watching a documentary about Chelsea Headhunters by McIntyre...
They were travelling to Copenhagen and barely watched the game...
What a bunch of morons..

There have been a number of good documentaries done on hooliganism--particularly the '80s brand. The hooligans are fans in name only most know very little about their clubs.
post #2570 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

I don't think the refs were watching the same Liverpool match that I was, that's for sure.

The refs were bad. I do think that Shelvey's foul desrved the red card. Valcneia went down easy and shouldn't have gotten the pk--but that didn't prevent Liverpool from scoring.
post #2571 of 4307
A3euCDTCcAAebD8.jpgA3evtewCQAALm_Y.jpg

clearly shelvey is the only one going in studs showing here

and it's not like RVP went to ground with his studs up into a tackle later on anyway

rolleyes.gif
post #2572 of 4307
facepalm.gif Cagliari v. Roma match called off after Sardinian prez calls on tckthldrs to ignore fan-ban. What a circus - I think Roma will get the 3 pts awarded but it really is farcical - a season does not go by w/o something like this happening.

"This could only happen in Italy,” shrugged Zdenek Zeman as the FIGC opens an inquiry into Cagliari’s stadium chaos.

Today’s match between Cagliari and Roma was set to be played at the Is Arenas behind closed doors after the venue failed security checks.

Cagliari President Massimo Cellino publicly urged all season ticket holders to attend anyway, prompting a last-minute decision by the police and Prefecture to call off the game amid public safety fears.

“This could only happen in Italy,” shrugged Roma Coach Zeman on Sky Sport Italia this morning.

“It’s disconcerting. Now we will have to evaluate our strategy,” added Giallorossi director Franco Baldini.

The squad had already flown out to Cagliari for the planned 14.00 UK time kick-off and must now return home."



Sorry to interrupt the EPL/LaLiga duopoly - carry on
post #2573 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by the shah View Post

A3euCDTCcAAebD8.jpgA3evtewCQAALm_Y.jpg
clearly shelvey is the only one going in studs showing here
and it's not like RVP went to ground with his studs up into a tackle later on anyway
rolleyes.gif

Shelvey didn't get sent off for the part of the tackle you are showing there - he got sent off for following through with his left leg and the studs of his left foot on Evans' leg. Show that part.

As to RVP, he got a yellow and I would have been fine had Evans gotten the yellow here.
post #2574 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Shelvey didn't get sent off for the part of the tackle you are showing there - he got sent off for following through with his left leg and the studs of his left foot on Evans' leg. Show that part.
As to RVP, he got a yellow and I would have been fine had Evans gotten the yellow here.

looks like evans in going in studs up w/ both feet
post #2575 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post

looks like evans in going in studs up w/ both feet

Actually no - Evans got all ball. He did leave his feet and for that I can see giving him the yellow--even though he got all ball. Shelvey on the other hand left his feet, got little of the ball--if any, and followed through with his left leg scissoring and skewering Evans. (Not seen the picture but discussed all over the web) Shelvey deserved the red. If your argument is: Evans was no better than Shelvey than you aren't addressing the issue--should Shelvey have been sent off? There was enough difference between the two takles, and RVP's, to justify the difference in the calls. Quite frankly that is the only thing the ref got correct on the day. It was a poorly refereed game. All of that aside, United were as bad as I have seen them all season and Liverpool could barely lay a glove on them. LIverpool supporters should not be angry about the calls---they should be pissed no one can put the ball in the back of the net.
post #2576 of 4307
Liverpool is in a bad place right now that's for sure.

As far as the Hooliganism is concerned I think it's important to keep the public out of the ruckus. Hooliganism is part of football. Good or bad, it's a fact. It's not the same as it was in the 70's, 80's,or 90's . The climate has changed and with it Hooliganism. Unless you want to be apart of that crowd the best thing is to walk the other way( if you can) . I think things are going to get worse in the next few years more so in Eastern Europe, South America, and the Middle East.
post #2577 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

Liverpool is in a bad place right now that's for sure.
As far as the Hooliganism is concerned I think it's important to keep the public out of the ruckus. Hooliganism is part of football. Good or bad, it's a fact. It's not the same as it was in the 70's, 80's,or 90's . The climate has changed and with it Hooliganism. Unless you want to be apart of that crowd the best thing is to walk the other way( if you can) . I think things are going to get worse in the next few years more so in Eastern Europe, South America, and the Middle East.

I haven't been to a game in Eastern Europe but it looked like there was a portion of the crowd that was present just to see if they could join in some bad stuff. I don't think I will be heading over soon. In most other places I feel very safe and do not worry--but still keep my head down and my support low.
post #2578 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

I haven't been to a game in Eastern Europe but it looked like there was a portion of the crowd that was present just to see if they could join in some bad stuff. I don't think I will be heading over soon. In most other places I feel very safe and do not worry--but still keep my head down and my support low.

Eastern European countries are like England in the seventies/eighties ...

They're just 30 years behind in terms of racism and aggression.

I still think the all thing has been overhyped...

There are a few bad clubs but they're far from being the norm..

We have imbeciles everywhere ..
post #2579 of 4307
That's the new generation. It's in England as well. Like the Yam Yam's Army. They have no real affiliation with any team. That makes it rough for the firms that do have a strong since of pride similar to Ultras.
The new generation goes out to stomp , that's it. It doesn't even have to be game day. The Russians and Poles have guys who just train to fight so that they can knock off anyone that they meet. I personally don't care about the fighting. The problem I have is the weapons. Guns are more prevalent and that's scary. A boot to the head is bad but a bullet, fuck off. It's just stupid at that point. A little one on one or a small group, fine. Start bringing knives , machetes , and guns, fuck off , no thank you. The kids today have been brought up in a "one up" mentality far greater than their predecessors. Now it's " I want to be top boy. I will go shoot someone". " Yup, that will do it".
Mark my words as world tensions flare so will the violence related in football.
post #2580 of 4307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burton View Post

Actually no - Evans got all ball. He did leave his feet and for that I can see giving him the yellow--even though he got all ball. Shelvey on the other hand left his feet, got little of the ball--if any, and followed through with his left leg scissoring and skewering Evans. (Not seen the picture but discussed all over the web) Shelvey deserved the red. If your argument is: Evans was no better than Shelvey than you aren't addressing the issue--should Shelvey have been sent off? There was enough difference between the two takles, and RVP's, to justify the difference in the calls. Quite frankly that is the only thing the ref got correct on the day. It was a poorly refereed game. All of that aside, United were as bad as I have seen them all season and Liverpool could barely lay a glove on them. LIverpool supporters should not be angry about the calls---they should be pissed no one can put the ball in the back of the net.

confused.gif My argument? No it was just a comment - I don't argue about soccer IRL or on the internetz
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013 Thread (Including EURO2012)