Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 9post #121 of 149872/4/12 at 3:12pmpost #122 of 149872/4/12 at 6:34pm
Quote:Originally Posted by blahgspot
To clarify, I think the shoes in the pic are entirely unrelated.Remember that "Meermin" is not unique to the name of this brand (it is the name of a Dutch slave ship on which a notorious slave rebellion took place). The shoes are made in a factory in Palma de Mallorca, in the Balearic Islands, region where Carmina, Camper, Lottusse, Yanko, and other famous brands of Spanish shoes have their origins. Indeed, Mallorcan shoemaking has a long history and has always produced top-quality footwear noted for its artisanship. While Camper began outsourcing, the others have maintained production in Spain.
Thanks for the clarification. I just ordered the black double monks w/ the medallion toe, & I would've felt duped if they weren't made in Spain.post #123 of 149872/5/12 at 11:21am
I think there must be a Chinese sole manufacturer with that name. Meermin shoes ARE MADE IN MALLORCA, SPAIN. The soles that you are showing are generic rubber sole designs with a brand imprint on them that has nothing in common other than the name with Meermin (Spain). Note that on the Meermin tumblr site the soles shown, even the identical generic style to the ones in the Chinese pics, are completely different and have different branding.post #124 of 149872/5/12 at 12:15pmpost #125 of 149872/5/12 at 12:38pmpost #126 of 149872/5/12 at 8:18pm
Description on the C2C site says that those "made in China" ones are from a Japanese order. The "Meermin" font on the heel rubber piece matches the font of Meermin's logo.
Does Meermin Japan operate individually? Is Meermin Japan authorized to pruduce shoes on its own?
FYI, selling samples is very common among Chinese manufacturers. And after one order is finished, making extra product by using the remaining materials from the client(when some parts insufficient, the mnfrs use their own materials) as well.
btw,"genuine rubber sole " sounds ridiculous...post #127 of 149872/6/12 at 12:29ampost #128 of 149872/6/12 at 5:30ampost #129 of 149872/6/12 at 6:53am
I emailed the company in early Dec. asking about the online webstore & ended up exchanging emails w/ Mr. Albaladejo himself. When I emailed again last week to see whether they'd be online soon (apparently they won't), he allowed me to place an order in appreciation of my enthusiasm. I'll post a review when they arrive.post #130 of 149872/6/12 at 9:31ampost #131 of 149872/7/12 at 3:25ampost #132 of 149872/12/12 at 7:06pmpost #133 of 149872/12/12 at 7:20pm
My double monks (pictured above) should arrive tomorrow (I think). I'll try to post pics & comments as soon as they get here.
Nick D.post #134 of 149872/12/12 at 8:21pmpost #135 of 149872/12/12 at 9:01pm
The Linea Maestros are €250 - %18 + €30 shipping = €235. That came out to about $320. So that's easily in the AE ballpark. Here's the price list given to me by Mr. Albaladejo:
"Our 'Linea Maestro' Shell Cordovan pairs are priced at the moment at 290€ (Hand lasted and handmade goodyear welted).
The 'Linea Maestro' Collection between 250€ ([Annonay french calf, Freudenberg calf, Janus calf suede], Hand lasted and handmade goodyear welted.) - 370€ (Norwegesse construction pairs, Hand lasted and Handmade goodyear
And our Meermin classic line is priced at 140€ (Hand lasted and Goodyear machine welted)."
I presume €30 shipping to the US is the standard rate. Shoe trees were quoted at €35 (w/ VAT, I think).
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 17 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 31 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 37 minutes ago
- › Brexit 39 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding