Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:18 am in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 4/20/16 at 3:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
Last edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 9post #121 of 152962/4/12 at 3:12pmpost #122 of 152962/4/12 at 6:34pm
Quote:Originally Posted by blahgspot
To clarify, I think the shoes in the pic are entirely unrelated.Remember that "Meermin" is not unique to the name of this brand (it is the name of a Dutch slave ship on which a notorious slave rebellion took place). The shoes are made in a factory in Palma de Mallorca, in the Balearic Islands, region where Carmina, Camper, Lottusse, Yanko, and other famous brands of Spanish shoes have their origins. Indeed, Mallorcan shoemaking has a long history and has always produced top-quality footwear noted for its artisanship. While Camper began outsourcing, the others have maintained production in Spain.
Thanks for the clarification. I just ordered the black double monks w/ the medallion toe, & I would've felt duped if they weren't made in Spain.post #123 of 152962/5/12 at 11:21am
I think there must be a Chinese sole manufacturer with that name. Meermin shoes ARE MADE IN MALLORCA, SPAIN. The soles that you are showing are generic rubber sole designs with a brand imprint on them that has nothing in common other than the name with Meermin (Spain). Note that on the Meermin tumblr site the soles shown, even the identical generic style to the ones in the Chinese pics, are completely different and have different branding.post #124 of 152962/5/12 at 12:15pmpost #125 of 152962/5/12 at 12:38pmpost #126 of 152962/5/12 at 8:18pm
Description on the C2C site says that those "made in China" ones are from a Japanese order. The "Meermin" font on the heel rubber piece matches the font of Meermin's logo.
Does Meermin Japan operate individually? Is Meermin Japan authorized to pruduce shoes on its own?
FYI, selling samples is very common among Chinese manufacturers. And after one order is finished, making extra product by using the remaining materials from the client(when some parts insufficient, the mnfrs use their own materials) as well.
btw,"genuine rubber sole " sounds ridiculous...post #127 of 152962/6/12 at 12:29ampost #128 of 152962/6/12 at 5:30ampost #129 of 152962/6/12 at 6:53am
I emailed the company in early Dec. asking about the online webstore & ended up exchanging emails w/ Mr. Albaladejo himself. When I emailed again last week to see whether they'd be online soon (apparently they won't), he allowed me to place an order in appreciation of my enthusiasm. I'll post a review when they arrive.post #130 of 152962/6/12 at 9:31ampost #131 of 152962/7/12 at 3:25ampost #132 of 152962/12/12 at 7:06pmpost #133 of 152962/12/12 at 7:20pm
My double monks (pictured above) should arrive tomorrow (I think). I'll try to post pics & comments as soon as they get here.
Nick D.post #134 of 152962/12/12 at 8:21pmpost #135 of 152962/12/12 at 9:01pm
The Linea Maestros are €250 - %18 + €30 shipping = €235. That came out to about $320. So that's easily in the AE ballpark. Here's the price list given to me by Mr. Albaladejo:
"Our 'Linea Maestro' Shell Cordovan pairs are priced at the moment at 290€ (Hand lasted and handmade goodyear welted).
The 'Linea Maestro' Collection between 250€ ([Annonay french calf, Freudenberg calf, Janus calf suede], Hand lasted and handmade goodyear welted.) - 370€ (Norwegesse construction pairs, Hand lasted and Handmade goodyear
And our Meermin classic line is priced at 140€ (Hand lasted and Goodyear machine welted)."
I presume €30 shipping to the US is the standard rate. Shoe trees were quoted at €35 (w/ VAT, I think).
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Outfit for textured trousers 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Zegna Tie Woven Silk Handmade Italy MSRP $200 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Orvis Classic Barn Coat Medium (40R) 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › NWOT Schott NYC slim fit peacoat (MSRP: $310) 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...