Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin MTO Austerity Brogue 10UK Olfe Last post on 7/16/14 at 8:02am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Meermin Shoes..? Last post on 11/11/12 at 1:55pm in Classic Menswear
- Meermin 10164 brogues UK 8 (fits UK 7.5) ** DROP ** Last post on 12/31/15 at 12:01pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Meermin Mallorca Shoes - Page 9post #121 of 144492/4/12 at 3:12pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #122 of 144492/4/12 at 6:34pm
Quote:Originally Posted by blahgspot
To clarify, I think the shoes in the pic are entirely unrelated.Remember that "Meermin" is not unique to the name of this brand (it is the name of a Dutch slave ship on which a notorious slave rebellion took place). The shoes are made in a factory in Palma de Mallorca, in the Balearic Islands, region where Carmina, Camper, Lottusse, Yanko, and other famous brands of Spanish shoes have their origins. Indeed, Mallorcan shoemaking has a long history and has always produced top-quality footwear noted for its artisanship. While Camper began outsourcing, the others have maintained production in Spain.
Thanks for the clarification. I just ordered the black double monks w/ the medallion toe, & I would've felt duped if they weren't made in Spain.post #123 of 144492/5/12 at 11:21am
I think there must be a Chinese sole manufacturer with that name. Meermin shoes ARE MADE IN MALLORCA, SPAIN. The soles that you are showing are generic rubber sole designs with a brand imprint on them that has nothing in common other than the name with Meermin (Spain). Note that on the Meermin tumblr site the soles shown, even the identical generic style to the ones in the Chinese pics, are completely different and have different branding.post #124 of 144492/5/12 at 12:15pmpost #125 of 144492/5/12 at 12:38pmpost #126 of 144492/5/12 at 8:18pm
Description on the C2C site says that those "made in China" ones are from a Japanese order. The "Meermin" font on the heel rubber piece matches the font of Meermin's logo.
Does Meermin Japan operate individually? Is Meermin Japan authorized to pruduce shoes on its own?
FYI, selling samples is very common among Chinese manufacturers. And after one order is finished, making extra product by using the remaining materials from the client(when some parts insufficient, the mnfrs use their own materials) as well.
btw,"genuine rubber sole " sounds ridiculous...post #127 of 144492/6/12 at 12:29ampost #128 of 144492/6/12 at 5:30ampost #129 of 144492/6/12 at 6:53am
I emailed the company in early Dec. asking about the online webstore & ended up exchanging emails w/ Mr. Albaladejo himself. When I emailed again last week to see whether they'd be online soon (apparently they won't), he allowed me to place an order in appreciation of my enthusiasm. I'll post a review when they arrive.post #130 of 144492/6/12 at 9:31ampost #131 of 144492/7/12 at 3:25ampost #132 of 144492/12/12 at 7:06pmpost #133 of 144492/12/12 at 7:20pm
My double monks (pictured above) should arrive tomorrow (I think). I'll try to post pics & comments as soon as they get here.
Nick D.post #134 of 144492/12/12 at 8:21pmpost #135 of 144492/12/12 at 9:01pm
The Linea Maestros are €250 - %18 + €30 shipping = €235. That came out to about $320. So that's easily in the AE ballpark. Here's the price list given to me by Mr. Albaladejo:
"Our 'Linea Maestro' Shell Cordovan pairs are priced at the moment at 290€ (Hand lasted and handmade goodyear welted).
The 'Linea Maestro' Collection between 250€ ([Annonay french calf, Freudenberg calf, Janus calf suede], Hand lasted and handmade goodyear welted.) - 370€ (Norwegesse construction pairs, Hand lasted and Handmade goodyear
And our Meermin classic line is priced at 140€ (Hand lasted and Goodyear machine welted)."
I presume €30 shipping to the US is the standard rate. Shoe trees were quoted at €35 (w/ VAT, I think).
- Meermin Mallorca Shoes
Styleforum Top Picks
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 43 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 47 seconds ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Maftei Shoes - Vienna - Bespoke, MTO , RTW 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...