or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Clothes for skinny boys/men
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Clothes for skinny boys/men

post #1 of 48
Thread Starter 

Hey, my name is Van and I am looking for a place to buy stylish cloths for a skinny boy.  I am 5'8, 120 lbs, and really know very little about mens fashion.  I have worn female cloths for a good part of my life, they fit me better and my face and body is so female that it makes things easier.  So, at this point I have no cloths that are tailored for men... so I need a good starting place. 

I want to go for a sorta pretty boy/androgynous look, but I am going to need some very small and form fitting cloths.

Here is a pic of my build... very long and lanky, but keep in mind I'm only 5'8.  

 

 

Van.JPG

post #2 of 48
I think everything you require is on this site:

http://forum.purseblog.com/
post #3 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBurnham View Post

Hey, my name is Van and I am looking for a place to buy stylish cloths for a skinny boy.  I am 5'8, 120 lbs, and really know very little about mens fashion.  I have worn female cloths for a good part of my life, they fit me better and my face and body is so female that it makes things easier.  So, at this point I have no cloths that are tailored for men... so I need a good starting place. 

I want to go for a sorta pretty boy/androgynous look, but I am going to need some very small and form fitting cloths.

Here is a pic of my build... very long and lanky, but keep in mind I'm only 5'8.  

 

 

Van.JPG

What type of men's clothing do you want?
post #4 of 48

Depends on how much money you want to spend. It could go from H&M to Dior Homme.

post #5 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginlimetonic View Post

I think everything you require is on this site:

http://forum.purseblog.com/

Hehe, is that meant to be a joke? Thank you, but I already have plenty of purses.

Boswell, I am looking for some stylish men's cloths... Dress shirts, dress pants, things that will fit my small frame. Nice jackets too, but not so much dress jackets. I have some pretty nice jackets already that I may can recycle into my new wardrobe.

I have some magnani leather mens boots that i bought a few years ago, I haven't worn them in years, but I really like them.
post #6 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitos View Post

Depends on how much money you want to spend. It could go from H&M to Dior Homme.


Money is not much of an issue, if it's a good fit and nice quality then it's worth any reasonable price. We have an h&m downtown, I should try going there... Thank you =]
post #7 of 48
hmmm, where are you located?

guys like Dior are really best known for their androgenous looks, and many of the japanese designers will fit very small and slim, but their aesthetics may not be to your liking (often dark, drapey, think goth meets ninja).
there are a number of higher end designers who do this sort of thing, so look into the likes of D&G, Prada, Dior, etc.

if you can be more specific about the lifestyle you have and types of clothes you want or even post pics of certain looks that you like then we can be more specific on the types of stores, items, etc.

based on what you're pictured wearing (is that a picture of you?), you look more into the layered gym bunny sweatpants look...


check out some of the major blogs too like thesartorialists for ideas of pieces you want to get.
post #8 of 48
Diors really not that skinny or androgynous anymore. Pretty drapey and loose now actually.
post #9 of 48
You think shopping for you is difficult? I'm 5'1 - 105 lbs. I stick to shopping in the kids section for the most part but finding good clothes is hard.
post #10 of 48
My 5'9 and 130 So I'll share some of my knowledge.

Generally for collar shirts my go-to brand are Tommy Hilfiger, and I use the MTM service from ModerTailor

Tommy Hifiger:

Dress shirts14.5/32,33 or 15/32,33 will be fine. Slim fit or Classic fit are okay, the sleeves and sides will need to be taper in. Usually XS or S will work the same way.

I'll stick around and listen to what others will have to offer smile.gif
post #11 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Classter View Post

hmmm, where are you located?

guys like Dior are really best known for their androgenous looks, and many of the japanese designers will fit very small and slim, but their aesthetics may not be to your liking (often dark, drapey, think goth meets ninja).
there are a number of higher end designers who do this sort of thing, so look into the likes of D&G, Prada, Dior, etc.

if you can be more specific about the lifestyle you have and types of clothes you want or even post pics of certain looks that you like then we can be more specific on the types of stores, items, etc.

based on what you're pictured wearing (is that a picture of you?), you look more into the layered gym bunny sweatpants look...


check out some of the major blogs too like thesartorialists for ideas of pieces you want to get
 

 

 

I am in Portland, OR =)

 

My lifestyle... well that's sorta complicated I suppose.  I work a lot in a semi-professional setting, with lots of freedom around what I wear,.  I want to develop a look that sorta heightens my feminine features but also allows me to be seen as male... basically androgynous.  Androgyny is really popular here =)  I know I will need to cut a lot of my hair off, but I'm fine with that... I'm just sorta tired of being seen as a woman.

 

That pic in the sweats was just a fun day I was having with my girlfriend... we wanted to dress up like we were living in the 80s.

 

I really like the way that Andrej Pejic dresses, although he tends to greatly favor a feminine look.  I also really like Daniel Johns, he always has such a nice look... he has sorta an effeminate boy look with his makeup, but he dresses the part of a man. 

danieljohns.jpg

longago.jpgI think I could pull off a similar look as Daniel if I gained about 10 lbs and cut my hair.  However, I can't grow facial hair anymore =(  I had it laser hair removed years ago, so I am stuck clean shaven.  This was for a photoshoot I did around 3 years ago, at the time we just ripped the sleeves off of a woman's button up shirt to create the look.  I am thinking of going back to something like this, but something to better reflect my age too (I am 26)

post #12 of 48
I feel this is necessary to view in lieu of the OP, just so noone is completely lost

Nothing against your decisions, but I'm not sure.. is your gender female.. or male? And if female.. why are you bothering with men's clothing?
post #13 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanBurnham View Post



 

 

I am in Portland, OR =)

 

My lifestyle... well that's sorta complicated I suppose.  I work a lot in a semi-professional setting, with lots of freedom around what I wear,.  I want to develop a look that sorta heightens my feminine features but also allows me to be seen as male... basically androgynous.  Androgyny is really popular here =)  I know I will need to cut a lot of my hair off, but I'm fine with that... I'm just sorta tired of being seen as a woman.

 

That pic in the sweats was just a fun day I was having with my girlfriend... we wanted to dress up like we were living in the 80s.

 

I really like the way that Andrej Pejic dresses, although he tends to greatly favor a feminine look.  I also really like Daniel Johns, he always has such a nice look... he has sorta an effeminate boy look with his makeup, but he dresses the part of a man. 

danieljohns.jpg

longago.jpgI think I could pull off a similar look as Daniel if I gained about 10 lbs and cut my hair.  However, I can't grow facial hair anymore =(  I had it laser hair removed years ago, so I am stuck clean shaven.  This was for a photoshoot I did around 3 years ago, at the time we just ripped the sleeves off of a woman's button up shirt to create the look.  I am thinking of going back to something like this, but something to better reflect my age too (I am 26)


Because you are so feminine, you would probably look better as you already dress than in men's clothing. In the last picture you look like a woman dressed in men's clothes.
post #14 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post

I feel this is necessary to view in lieu of the OP, just so noone is completely lost

Nothing against your decisions, but I'm not sure.. is your gender female.. or male? And if female.. why are you bothering with men's clothing?

Job well done mate !!
And for op. Try D&G they have slim tops and jackets. Also PRL slim fit shirts.
post #15 of 48
So, i gather this much: You're a feminine looking fella who wants to dress a bit more like a man?
I think you should try on a preppy boy look. RL has some slimmer stuff that might work (at least with some slight altering). If you look at the RL guys they're never really that manly anyways, so it's a perfect look to start off with. I think it would work great with shorter hair.

This shop might have some stuff.

Good luck! biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Clothes for skinny boys/men