Recent Images In This Thread
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 5/29/12
Related Forum Threads
- Are there any brands, clothiers, or retailers, that cater to the short (5'8"/1.70m)... Last post on 9/23/14 at 10:25am in Streetwear and Denim
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- NWOT Tom Ford Base B Black Suit EU48R US38R Last post on 7/20/14 at 5:54pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- 45 R Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Navy Pinstripe Suit 45R Last post on 3/24/14 at 7:55am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Suitsupply NYC - Page 202
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3017 of 71778/18/13 at 12:30pm
SS is seriously stepping up their tie game! Bought one of their new flecked knits today, it's 70/30 wool/cashmere, feels really soft, and knots beautifully for a knit tie.
Also bought the light brown DB vest suit today, which is made of a very soft and thick Carlo Barbera S130's wool. It's a beautiful suit, and perfect for the colder autumn and winter days. Already looking forward for the temperature to drop!post #3018 of 71778/18/13 at 12:40pmpost #3019 of 71778/18/13 at 12:49pmpost #3020 of 71778/18/13 at 12:55pmQuote:
Just to clarify: Has anyone had success in getting something available on one webstore delivered to an alternate destination through customer service? I'm in Canada and the options (especially for Fall/Winter) are sad in comparison to the UK webstore.post #3021 of 71778/18/13 at 12:56pmQuote:
I have a solid brown linen suitsupply tie, which is very nice. I think their ties are great in wool, cashmere, cotton or linen, but I'd avoid their silk ones. For some reason those are just not up to par.post #3022 of 71778/18/13 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by mrjester
Besides asking customer service, anyone know how wide these are? And length?Quote:
I was thinking the same thing, but I just noticed they're 3.1" wide and the knits 6 cm, which is too narrow for me. At least on the EU website the width is specified, though I haven't seen any measurements before so it must be a recent addition.post #3023 of 71778/18/13 at 3:00pmQuote:
Eek. Anything less than 3.5 is no bueno.
Thanks man.post #3024 of 71778/18/13 at 4:02pmpost #3025 of 71778/19/13 at 12:19ampost #3026 of 71778/19/13 at 12:24ampost #3027 of 71778/19/13 at 2:21ampost #3028 of 71778/19/13 at 5:11ampost #3029 of 71778/19/13 at 5:16ampost #3030 of 71778/19/13 at 6:31am
So an event came up and I figured i'd use it as the excuse spur me into purchasing my first (proper) suit. Been checking out this thread and I think i'm going to go with suit supply. Just wanted to ask your recommendations as i've never really bothered with suits so i'm a bit lost in terms of cuts and what they convey (conservative, modern, businessy etc).
I'm 5'10 and weigh 65kg (143 pounds), don't know if thats needed but whatever.
I'm just looking for a suit that I can wear at formal events and job interviews after uni etc and I can't decide on these three. Any suggestions?
- Suitsupply NYC
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 15 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shoes darkened... J&M Suede & Nubic Protector 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...