or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Paleo diet
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Paleo diet - Page 29

post #421 of 454
this is a parody thread that has gone on for way too long. DC is laughing from beyond the grave right now. there is a great reason this was started as a parody thread by a reknowned troll - if you're not sure why, read the last few pages.
post #422 of 454
Paleo brahs, I have recently discovered a love for frozen fruit, specifically frozen pineapple. I assume it is ok to eat pineapple as part of the paleo diet (it might not be though, dem sugars and all. There is however a paradox. I don't think cavemen brahs had access to ice unless they lived in the arctic or something, but as we all know pineapple does not grow in the arctic so it is unlikely that caveman brahs had the opportunity to eat frozen pineapple. So what I'm saying is will frozen pineapple kill me?
post #423 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

So what I'm saying is will frozen pineapple kill me?

It's a fruit indigenious to South America, so yes. laugh.gif
post #424 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

So what I'm saying is will frozen pineapple kill me?

If you get hit in the head with it or you are allergic, yes. sly.gif
post #425 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Paleo brahs, I have recently discovered a love for frozen fruit, specifically frozen pineapple. I assume it is ok to eat pineapple as part of the paleo diet (it might not be though, dem sugars and all. There is however a paradox. I don't think cavemen brahs had access to ice unless they lived in the arctic or something, but as we all know pineapple does not grow in the arctic so it is unlikely that caveman brahs had the opportunity to eat frozen pineapple. So what I'm saying is will frozen pineapple kill me?
Eskimos probably had the odd pineapple wash up from the gulf stream, you'll be fine.
post #426 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

How many of you drink, smoke, talk on the phone while driving, spend thirty+ hours per week in front of a computer monitor or television, keep your radiation-emitting cellphone in your pocket at all time, etc.....? But God forbid you eat some grains or have a snickers bar, right? facepalm.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuji View Post

Paleo brahs, I have recently discovered a love for frozen fruit, specifically frozen pineapple. I assume it is ok to eat pineapple as part of the paleo diet (it might not be though, dem sugars and all. There is however a paradox. I don't think cavemen brahs had access to ice unless they lived in the arctic or something, but as we all know pineapple does not grow in the arctic so it is unlikely that caveman brahs had the opportunity to eat frozen pineapple. So what I'm saying is will frozen pineapple kill me?

The poison is in the dose ... teacha.gif
post #427 of 454
CSFLMM - I hung out with Jason Giambi a couple of times (had a friend whose Grandfather was really tight with Joe Torre and played minor league baseball a few seasons). He drank pineapple juice like it was going out of style. One of the reasons he said he did it is because girls said it made his semen taste better. Granted, Giambi talked so much funny shit, he was probably just goofing around, but he brought this up at least three times in about eight total hours of hanging out.
post #428 of 454
i've been reading about the iceman Iceman Mystery.pdf 125k .pdf file

and he's at least 5000 years old and ate cereal grains

take that!
post #429 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i've been reading about the iceman Iceman Mystery.pdf 125k .pdf file
and he's at least 5000 years old and ate cereal grains
take that!

Agriculture in Europe is at least 8, 9 thousand years old so what's your point?
post #430 of 454
Was mostly a joke. You know like this thread. Or it's purported subject
post #431 of 454
I haven't been reading much about the gathering, but saw the latest paleo diet conference held this year at Harvard University just ended.

"The LLVLC Show (Episode 598): Recollections On #AHS12 Paleo Conference At Harvard"

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/the-llvlc-show-episode-598-recollections-on-ahs12-paleo-conference-at-harvard/15093

&

"Ancestral Health Symposium 2012 Review"

http://robbwolf.com/2012/08/14/ancestral-health-symposium-2012-review/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RobbWolfThePaleoSolution+%28Robb+Wolf+%7C+The+Paleo+Solution+book+and+podcast+%7C+Paleolithic+nutrition%2C+intermittent+fasting%2C+and+fitness%29
post #432 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post

CSFLMM - I hung out with Jason Giambi a couple of times (had a friend whose Grandfather was really tight with Joe Torre and played minor league baseball a few seasons). He drank pineapple juice like it was going out of style. One of the reasons he said he did it is because girls said it made his semen taste better. Granted, Giambi talked so much funny shit, he was probably just goofing around, but he brought this up at least three times in about eight total hours of hanging out.



I read an interview with James Michener once back when he was, I believe, the worlds best selling author. The interviewer noticed that he lived very simply and asked what he spent his money on. He said that he really liked pineapple juice, so he drank a lot of that.
post #433 of 454

the only reason why the paleo diet is a good diet is because the foods it advocates just happen to food good for you, not because the reasoning behind those foods are sound.

post #434 of 454
Old thread, I know and I didn't even read it, but somebody said to me recently that I practically eat like the Paleo diet. I had never heard of it and never really did diets, but I did some research about it and have been just altering a few things here and there do kind of officially do it. So far I feel fine. I am just concerned about the whole red meat and colon cancer thing. In the past red meat would constipate me a lot, but now that I have been eating it more, and leaner cuts I don't have the problem. Probably because of the high veggie intake as well as your body getting used to it. Maybe grass fed has something to do with it as well.
post #435 of 454
Has anyone checked their uric acid level after a couple of months of mostly red meats?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Paleo diet