or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard - Page 665

post #9961 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Crazy looking medallion from G&G instagram:

 

Is this model called the Maori?

post #9962 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanCWalker View Post
 

Looking forward to these arriving tomorrow :) 

 

 

 

 

 

 Is this the TG73...it sure does not look like KN14 at first glance? Lovely pair either way...i think it would look great even sans tassels.

post #9963 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
 

 Is this the TG73...it sure does not look like KN14 at first glance? Lovely pair either way...i think it would look great even sans tassels.

 

Its the TG73 

post #9964 of 12538

Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase my first pair of proper leather shoes, and I'm deciding between EGs or G&Gs. 

 

I do need your advice on this, as my feet are rather problematic.

 

I'm flat footed, and so whenever I place my full weight on my feet, they both tend to cave inwards, due to the lack of arch support.

 

As such, I have wider, horribly supported feet. Also, after walking for an hour or two in my current leather shoes, my last two toes always end up red and swollen.

 

I was wondering if you guys would know of any EG lasts that you guys think would be good for my feet, or any recommendations at all regarding how to solve this problem of mine. I don't want to spend 800 pounds on a pair of shoes and have the same problem all over again,  I think that defeats the purpose of getting proper well made shoes at all.

 

Much thanks in advance!

post #9965 of 12538
what shoes are you currently have? Problematic feet are not good for online advices unfortunately.
post #9966 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xancatrius View Post
 

Hi guys, I'm looking to purchase my first pair of proper leather shoes, and I'm deciding between EGs or G&Gs. 

 

I do need your advice on this, as my feet are rather problematic.

 

I'm flat footed, and so whenever I place my full weight on my feet, they both tend to cave inwards, due to the lack of arch support.

 

As such, I have wider, horribly supported feet. Also, after walking for an hour or two in my current leather shoes, my last two toes always end up red and swollen.

 

I was wondering if you guys would know of any EG lasts that you guys think would be good for my feet, or any recommendations at all regarding how to solve this problem of mine. I don't want to spend 800 pounds on a pair of shoes and have the same problem all over again,  I think that defeats the purpose of getting proper well made shoes at all.

 

Much thanks in advance!

 

Get fitted by G&G themselves.  Or EG themselves.  You won't find any good online fitting advices especially on Styleforum.

post #9967 of 12538
That's a real pity, given how there are no EG nor GG stockists where I live. The nearest would be the Armory in Hong Kong, will have to try my luck out there then. Or maybe even fly down to London.

Thanks anyways!
post #9968 of 12538
Check G&G trunk show schedules.

Or opt for Japanese bespoke.

Where you based? There's venders in HK, SG, KR, TW, JP and Oz...
post #9969 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xancatrius View Post

That's a real pity, given how there are no EG nor GG stockists where I live. The nearest would be the Armory in Hong Kong, will have to try my luck out there then. Or maybe even fly down to London.

Thanks anyways!

What about Saint Crispins? Phillip is at the armoury quite a bit and can modify lasts for you
post #9970 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post


What about Saint Crispins? Phillip is at the armoury quite a bit and can modify lasts for you

 

Just met Phillip today in Vancouver at the trunk show hosted by Leatherfoot. I posted some stuff over at the StC thread.

post #9971 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xancatrius View Post

I'm flat footed, and so whenever I place my full weight on my feet, they both tend to cave inwards, due to the lack of arch support.

The problem is with your feet...it cannot be addressed by the last or the brand name or even a cursory measuring up. Pathologically flat feet is not an issue that can be waved away. It will not go away and it will get worse unless you do something about it now.

Even a bespoke maker can only do so much, but short of a doctor that's what you need to come anywhere close to comfort. A bespoke maker will carve or modify the last to counter the pronation you're experiencing and build a stable arch cookie into the insole such that the arch cannot collapse. All of which needs to be done in your case but often lacking the precision that a medical diagnosis can provide.

A doctor will diagnose your foot and build a precise orthotic that will insert into the shoe and support your foot along the entire length...controlling the way in which the foot moves and flexes during weight bearing and walking while supporting the arch and preventing pronation. An orthotic is really the best solution if you're insistent upon RTW footwear. The catch-22 there is that hardly any RTW footwear will fit both your foot and the orthotic.

Best solution of all is to see a doctor, have an orthotic made and then go get your feet measured...with the insert...at EG or G&G (if they will do it) or, best of all, a bespoke maker.
post #9972 of 12538
Great advice DWF!!
post #9973 of 12538
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

Crazy looking medallion from G&G instagram:

These are actually my pair, en route from Northhampton as I type. Quite excited! At the time, they had recently added laser cutting to their offered features and I wanted something different. It feels a little western to me.
It is actually a standard G&G medalion, except they connected the brogue dots with lines
post #9974 of 12538
^^^ Looks very elegant. Can you get that on ready to wear models, or is it only available via MTO?
post #9975 of 12538
^
I am guessing it has to be bespoke...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard