• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling "Deco" Shoes

Metroboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anthony Jordan
Beautiful shoes. Intriguing choice of model names in some cases as well. Bowlly after Al?

Your are right...it´s taken from the name of the singer.

mzmart

Reaction score
I love these shoes especially the Bowlly. The problem is, how could you ever bear to wear them and risk damaging the beautiful finish? I think I'd end up wearing them about twice a year, indoors at a lifetime cost of about 50 pounds per wear.

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mzmart
I love these shoes especially the Bowlly. The problem is, how could you ever bear to wear them and risk damaging the beautiful finish? I think I'd end up wearing them about twice a year, indoors at a lifetime cost of about 50 pounds per wear.

Still...It would be worth every penny! And you would enjoy every minute!

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, Nick. if a shoe is sold out of a certain size does this mean it's unavailable for good, or will you get more of this size in stock? I really like the "Oxford" in Vintage Rioja Calf but i'm not sure what my size would be (i'm guessing a 9 or 9.5). you mention doing made-to-order if a size is out....how much of a price difference is there with this option?

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gaseousclay
Hey, Nick. if a shoe is sold out of a certain size does this mean it's unavailable for good, or will you get more of this size in stock? I really like the "Oxford" in Vintage Rioja Calf but i'm not sure what my size would be (i'm guessing a 9 or 9.5). you mention doing made-to-order if a size is out....how much of a price difference is there with this option?

I'd really recommend trying out your proper size before going with made-to-order!

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaves
I'd really recommend trying out your proper size before going with made-to-order!

I don't know what my size is. I currently wear a 9.5 D dress shoe (US sizing) but don't know anything about G&G lasts. do they fit bigger? smaller?

Srynerson

Reaction score
I don't know what my size is. I currently wear a 9.5 D dress shoe (US sizing) but don't know anything about G&G lasts. do they fit bigger? smaller?

G&G is sized in the UK system, so an "E" width is approximately equivalent to an American "D". With G&G you'll also usually need to go down a half-size from your American size, so you would probably be a UK size 9E. Officially, there is no meaningful difference in fit between the different regular G&G lasts, but some people occasionally report having problems with the narrower DG70 and TG73 lasts. In regards to Deco line, I believe Luk-Cha has said that he has been advised by G&G itself that the fit should be similar to their regular lasts.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those ones at the top are some "roach stompers".

Nick A

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

A US 9.5D should be G&G 9E in my experience. However, it may be worth trying a pair before you have them made. If you place an order on the MTO service I can send a trial pair to you and we can alter the size if necessary.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads