or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know - Page 204

post #3046 of 3846
I was weak musicboohoo[1].gif

The seasonal Brandy Veal Dynamic Flex Craftsmans



And now for a line-up comparison...



From left to right - Aztec Nubuck craftsman, Brandy Veal Dynamic Flex Craftsman, Chestnut Yearling Dynamic Flex Craftsman, Black Yearling Dynamic Flex Craftsman, Black Veal Forum Special, and a fraud facepalm.gif
post #3047 of 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowracer View Post

Hi everybody
I'm new to the forum and since there are  not many camels to be seen: Here they come.
Standard Craftsman, Chisel Square Toe, Oil Resistant Sole, black Camel
As you can see, they are fresh from the box.


Greetings
Yellowracer

The grain on this looks alot finer than the grain on the chestnut camels a few pages back. Good stuff!
post #3048 of 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by upenox View Post

So if I may ask, what were the approximate amounts that people paid for the Forum Special model? I've checked a few places and they seem to range from $450 USD to $515 USD or so. I believe I purchased my comfort craftsman a few years ago for the high 200's or low 300's. I'm assuming the "forum special" model is just a more expensive configuration, but I wanted to make sure and to see a ballpark of what others paid.
Thanks!

$450 AUD from Barry at bootsonline (includes 10% GST, or sales tax) - you will get this taken off if you are buying internationally, but then you have to pay shipping.

Major reason for increased expense in the forum special is the leather (veal calf). You can get the forum special in Yearling for low 300's.
post #3049 of 3846
The postman just dropped off a parcel from Australia!
Dealing with Sue, from The Stable Door was a pleasure. Good prices too!

But, I just find my new Dynamic Flex's quite frumpy looking...maybe it's me...but I'm just not "feeling" them..a large part of me was hoping they would be sleeker than my old Craftsmans.
Oh well, B&S, here we come...
img0016xr.jpg
img0018xt.jpg
img0017li.jpg
post #3050 of 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap10046 View Post

But, I just find my new Dynamic Flex's quite frumpy looking...maybe it's me...but I'm just not "feeling" them..a large part of me was hoping they would be sleeker than my old Craftsmans.
Oh well, B&S, here we come...

They look good! If you wanted a sleeker toe, then check out the Macquarie...
post #3051 of 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tez Mulan View Post

Is Craftsman currently available in Claret?

Don't see the colour in the latest catalogue...
post #3052 of 3846
Is it my imagination, or does this generic Dynamic Flex Craftsman picture make them look MUCH sleeker with a MUCH more chiseled toe?
Mine look like a pair of bloody fish!

d782b0bf24198513a29e1c49aab34662.jpg
post #3053 of 3846
EDIT
post #3054 of 3846
Are the dynamic flex craftsmans leather-lined? I am undecided between the comfort craftsman and dynamic flex craftsman? Any noticeable differences besides the soles?
post #3055 of 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRyan View Post

Are the dynamic flex craftsmans leather-lined? I am undecided between the comfort craftsman and dynamic flex craftsman? Any noticeable differences besides the soles?

Yes they are leather lined. Only differences are the sole, and the Dynamic flex uses a fibreglass shank rather than metal shank (although they might all be fibreglass now)
post #3056 of 3846
Thanks Brendon. I live in Wisconsin, which sole would be better for winter? I though I read earlier in the thread that the comfort craftsman sole is quite slippery in the ice and snow? Would the dynamic flex be a better option?
post #3057 of 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRyan View Post

Thanks Brendon. I live in Wisconsin, which sole would be better for winter? I though I read earlier in the thread that the comfort craftsman sole is quite slippery in the ice and snow? Would the dynamic flex be a better option?

I've used the dynamic craftsman on snow, and the result was...painful.

The better sole for winter is called the "treaded sole" - only available on a made to order. You could get a comfort craftsman with a treaded sole, for example...
post #3058 of 3846

Hello All, 

I'm in need of a little help. I'm just wondering at what point do I get my Santa Fe boots re-soled? 

They are pretty worn, but there are no holes in the soul yet... Should I wait for the sole to go completely? Or get them done now? 

 

Thanks, 

post #3059 of 3846

Hi,

 

i was looking for a pair of RM Williams, which one should i get as an all arounder?

post #3060 of 3846
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Cooksley View Post

Hello All, 
I'm in need of a little help. I'm just wondering at what point do I get my Santa Fe boots re-soled? 
They are pretty worn, but there are no holes in the soul yet... Should I wait for the sole to go completely? Or get them done now? 

Thanks, 

No hard and fast rules as to when to get them re-soled. It is partly cosmetic and partly to avoid any potential damage if a hole were to develop.

If you can feel that the soles are pretty thin, I'd do it now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know