• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fred perry polo shirts

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Another question no one has been able to answer for me in the stores: does anyone know where I can find Fred Perry polo shirts, new or used, in the Seattle area? I want to look at them close up and try them on before buying otherwise I'd go ebay.

shoreman80

Reaction score
Be careful on ebay. Not to scare you off, but a friend of mine was disappointed with his ebay purchase.
Turned off by the prices on fredperry.com, he ordered a couple of shirts from an ebay seller in Asia and was disappointed. He gave me a navy shirt with red tipping in size L that I think is ok and wear, but he claims is a fake. It is quite slim for an L; I have track jacket from the website in L that is big on me.
Of course, you mentioned you'd like to buy in person, so this advice may be redundant. Good luck.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
J.- only places I know of are in Austin, TX, Chicago, and LA. I think they'd let you return it if it didn't fit...

Ranjeev

Reaction score
J, I have seen Fred Perry polo shirts at Caban, which is a part of some Club Monaco stores, in Toronto. There is a Club Monaco store in Seattle so you might want to ask them if they have a Caban boutique associated with the store in which case they may have the shirts in question. A longshot at best but worth a try.

Pacific Place in Seattle, 206 264-8001.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fred Perry has a pretty good sale twice a year on their website.
Also, last time I was in Off-Fifth I saw a bunch of Fred Perry stuff.

In my experience, they fit on the slim side, similar to Lacoste before Lacoste revamped their sizing yet again. A XL Fred Perry would fit like a L Ralph Lauren Polo.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by kirill73:
I could not tell better [link deleted - j.]
What the heck is this?? I got infected by the Exploit virus when I clicked on this??

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
i've been buying fred perry since my mod/skinhead days in the 80s....the quality has def deteriorated since they are made in other countries now. The made in England ones have the best quality in fabric, fit....i have one made in Portugal that is actually nice and would recommend it, but the ones made in China/Singapore are not very good unless you pay less than $20 for it in which case it's ok.

i cant believe you are having a hard time finding them as they seem to be everywhere now. I know that Macy's, Bloomingdales, and Urban Outfitters all carry a fairly large line of Fred Perry polos, track jackets, hats etc.

but the website sale is good. i bought a couple track jackets on there for a good price but be prepared to pay a customs fee for the items.

matcha

Reaction score
Another question no one has been able to answer for me in the stores: does anyone know where I can find Fred Perry polo shirts, new or used, in the Seattle area? I want to look at them close up and try them on before buying otherwise I'd go ebay.
Ben Silver sells Fred Perry. You can't walk into their store since you're in Seattle but I would think their return policy is good.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Bam.

Thanks for the note T4phage. I don't know what that was about, but that's the end of it.

BTW, I found Fred Perry at Loehmann's and bought a polo shirt. Their size S is about a 42" chest in case anyone is wondering, perfect for me. More later, perhaps.

1Dgaf

Reaction score
j,

Do you want mod style clothing store/website recommendations? If so let me know and I'll ask my work colleague and see what he says; he's a mod, though not the parka type. He gets suits altered for the mod look and hangs around with a crowd that get bespoke mod style stuff done.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No J.  Dont do it...We have come to know and love that Avatar as our very own Kalra.

Dont taint it please.
Hmm.. okay, I guess. I need some more fun avatars for banned virus posting jackasses.

Re Fred Perry, I will have to check the places people mentioned. I don't usually go to places like Urban Outfitters but next time I am up by there I'll stop in and see. The polo shirt I got is from Portugal, and it's pretty well made. I got another polo and a pair of track pants but I returned those because I didn't like them enough to justify the $70 total or whatever. But the fit of this one is perfect, not too long, slim cut, shorter sleeves, etc. Plus a couple of rarity points against the usual polo/lacoste etc.

What is a "parka type" mod? I'd be interested to hear about your friend's clothing style, but I don't think I'm going to be taking up the mod look anytime soon.

Thanks everyone.

1Dgaf

Reaction score
J, Here's a parka:
CAMO%20PARKA.jpg
He wouldn't wear one, claiming that people who do to be mods, aren't mods. Â The suits he wears have quite thin lapels, close fitting and with trousers that taper. Â His shoes have squared toes, but are quite thin. Â Â Here's a URL with one style he has: http://comparestoreprices.co.uk/mens-de....hoe.asp This forum, the internet in general and this guy is where I get my shopping/clothes info and advice.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
the mod+parka look is one that i'm not too fond of either. i can see the utilitarian purpose of the parka when you are riding a scooter abouts and not want to dirty up your nice gear underneath, but the parka mos def became too much of a uniform.

"The suits he wears have quite thin lapels, close fitting and with trousers that taper. His shoes have squared toes, but are quite thin."

nice. sounds exactly how i like to dress.

re: Fred Perry, the best deal i got on new Freds was at Loehmanns...picked up an awesome track jacket, a black with red/white trim v-neck sweater, and navy track pants all for under $100.. and they had polo shirts for $29, sizing being limited. needless to say, that stuff was all gone within a week but i check back occasionally to see if they have anything new.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting. There really aren't many mods around Seattle, and I haven't been hanging out much where they would be lately. When you said parka the only thing I could think of was the flight jackets that skinheads wear, which are somewhat similar to the one you posted, although the girls are the ones who were wearing the fur collared ones around last year. Don't know if that's still the thing for the hipsters at this point.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads