or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The new Men's Vogue.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The new Men's Vogue. - Page 2

post #16 of 40
I thought this issue was much better than the second, and I cant compare to the first since I didnt read it through and through (only read the Genèva Exposé). Anyway I think it's pleasantly different and more mature than GQ and Esquire. However, I find it odd that I haven't felt eager to read through all the stories...
post #17 of 40
Was this the issue that had James Blake (the tennis player) doing a clothing shoot? He looked absolutely fantastic in just about everything...
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbuff
Was this the issue that had James Blake (the tennis player) doing a clothing shoot? He looked absolutely fantastic in just about everything...

Yes. I don't like the direction the mag is taking. It seems to slowly be morphing into GQ. First issue had wonderful suits, shoes and articles. Second issue had Tiger Woods. Not we get James Blake and a bunch of LVMH ads. The article that talked about Poole was almost a farce as the two sons wearing the Poole clothing did not look good at all and the pants on one of the suits was way too long. Given that one of Pooles strengths is their attention to detail and drape of the pants (according to the article), it was rather funny that the worst fitting item were the pants.
post #19 of 40
Didn't it state in the article that the suits they were wearing were hand me downs from dad?
post #20 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Gent
A few months ago, I sent in my subscription. The invoice comes back addressed to my wife. How that happened, I can't begin to imagine. Call me senstitive, but I figured that since I ordered the magazine, they at least had a responsibility to get things right. Second invoice comes back, slightly more dire. Third invoice arrives, still addressed to the missus. It spells things out in clear tones: you don't send us your money, we don't send you our delightful publication.

Hmm, I also ordered without paying. Received the first copy and then the first invoice. Maybe you could give them a call since I DID receive the mag before actually sending in a check?
post #21 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel
Yes. I don't like the direction the mag is taking. It seems to slowly be morphing into GQ. First issue had wonderful suits, shoes and articles. Second issue had Tiger Woods. Not we get James Blake and a bunch of LVMH ads. The article that talked about Poole was almost a farce as the two sons wearing the Poole clothing did not look good at all and the pants on one of the suits was way too long. Given that one of Pooles strengths is their attention to detail and drape of the pants (according to the article), it was rather funny that the worst fitting item were the pants.


I dont think you can blame the magazine for some guys deciding to wear their own suits which turn out to look shitty on them, I think its a bigger embarrasment on the brothers' part than on the magazine
post #22 of 40
I will add my voice to the ones who thought issue #3 was far better than #2 and actually a pretty good one. I was very disappointed by issue #2 to the point that I came back on my decision to actually pay for the subscription that I ordered. Although I was in default, they still sent me #3 and I am glad they did as I am now actually considering sending a check.
post #23 of 40
Does anyone know how to subscribe to Menswear? I tried to email the publisher of the magazine, then filled out an online questionnaire to subscribe, but have heard nothing. I have a very hard time finding this at newsstands and really enjoy the magazine. Any ideas? Thanks.
post #24 of 40
Enjoyed the article, re. Macao's explosion of gambling casinos. I'll say this: the magazine does include some sharply focused images, of clothes. Not enough, though. Truly, I wish they'd just skip the articles, and show clothing and accessories. The inclusion of the 'writing,' succeeds only to lend a callow note to MV.

That's my take, anyway.
post #25 of 40
Finally got a copy of the new MV at B&N yesterday, flipped through it last night (not read any articles yet). It looks pretty good. I'm probably going to subscribe as it's so cheap.
post #26 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
Enjoyed the article, re. Macao's explosion of gambling casinos. I'll say this: the magazine does include some sharply focused images, of clothes. Not enough, though. Truly, I wish they'd just skip the articles, and show clothing and accessories. The inclusion of the 'writing,' succeeds only to lend a callow note to MV.

That's my take, anyway.


I think you're reading the wrong magazine then...
post #27 of 40
Maybe.
post #28 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel_Cairo
I liked the little piece about Andy Warhol's BB addiction.


Hmmm.

I thought the issue was bad and have been citing that particular story as prosecution exhibit A.

Warhol wore Levi's and shirts and ties from BB, all of which are still made -- so what?

Men's Vogue needs to improve quickly or it'll be gone. It reads too much like women's Vogue -- too many pointless, not very interesting or useful pieces.
post #29 of 40
I also thought this issue was better than the last. I really like the general topic (art, etc.) of the articles but find them to be far too short. What I expect to be a 2 page article turns out to be nothing more than a few paragraphs. I could name a half-dozen "articles" that would have been better if they were 2-3 times as long.

b
post #30 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I also thought this issue was better than the last. I really like the general topic (art, etc.) of the articles but find them to be far too short. What I expect to be a 2 page article turns out to be nothing more than a few paragraphs. I could name a half-dozen "articles" that would have been better if they were 2-3 times as long.

b

I agree about the article length. Some of them need a judicious editing too. The Poole article was all over the place. Why wasn't it just about Poole?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The new Men's Vogue.