or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Drinking a lot of alcohol and working the next day?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Drinking a lot of alcohol and working the next day?

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 
Say a bottle of wine and half a bottle of scotch... can you work the next day?
post #2 of 33
Yes but not very well.
post #3 of 33
What does not kill me only makes me stronger. After a night of heavy drinking I inevitably wake up in a few hours -- usually around seven or eight o'clock -- and feel more energized than I would without drinking. It's like the opposite of a hangover.
post #4 of 33
Thread Starter 
Now comes the truth....

I've just got back from holidays and have work in the morning... but I've had a bottle of Chianti Classico and half a bottle of Blue Label... it's 9.42 pm and I'm still going on the Blue.... Can't really afford to take the day off tomorrow.... but my alarm is set for 7am... let's see how it goes...
post #5 of 33
I find that if you drink about three large glasses of water (it's not very fun) about 45 minutes before you go to sleep, there's basically no hangover. Gatorade is good too.
post #6 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
I find that if you drink about three large glasses of water (it's not very fun) about 45 minutes before you go to sleep, there's basically no hangover. Gatorade is good too.


I'll try it
post #7 of 33
just drink 2 litres of water... you rehydrate yourself.. I've never had a hangover doing this, and I've drank some stomach pumping quantities.
post #8 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violinist
just drink 2 litres of water... you rehydrate yourself.. I've never had a hangover doing this, and I've drank some stomach pumping quantities.

2 liters will surley make me puke
post #9 of 33
Luckily, Blue Label is refined enough that it gives quite a mild hangover (in comparison to rot-gut of course)
post #10 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji
2 liters will surley make me puke
That will also decrease the hangover though...
post #11 of 33
ok well that's what I do, but I also drink far more than most people.

Just try and space out the drinking of the water so you rehydrate. I think 3 big glasses is a good suggestion. For me, nothing in the world feels better than waking up the next day then going immediately to the fridge and downing a bottle of water or gatorade.
post #12 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
Luckily, Blue Label is refined enough that it gives quite a mild hangover (in comparison to rot-gut of course)

It's the Chianti that worries me.... wine gives me an awful hangover...
post #13 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji
It's the Chianti that worries me.... wine gives me an awful hangover...
The real reason the French demand a short work week.
post #14 of 33
Sure, go to work. Just don't take any medications that require your liver's enzymes.
post #15 of 33
you guys are crazy.

-Jeff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Drinking a lot of alcohol and working the next day?