or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 640

post #9586 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

Cracking photographs on a very nice car.

Not a condemnation but I never understand the American fascination with changing the wheels on a car. In the UK if you're older than 21 and putting new wheels on your car you get some very odd looks. I would conservatively estimate that only 1 in 3,000 cars gets new wheels in the UK.

Easy answer in this case (as crazy as it sounds)... $$$

I run winter and summer tires here in NYC since this is a daily driver. When the car was delivered it was January and I had them put winter tires onto the OEM wheels.

I then asked the dealer for a quote on a second set of OEM wheels to put my summer tires on. $9k+. WOAH! I bargained them down to $7200, which is still comical for a cast wheel. For significantly less than that I could get a lighter, stronger, forged custom wheel with better (more aggressive) offsets in a finish of my choosing.

I went with a monoblock wheel in a design that's actually pretty close to what came from the factory. I'm saving weight and money!
post #9587 of 14805
I also looked into getting another set of OEM wheels for mine (not a Porsche) and was quoted around $9-10k. eek.gif
post #9588 of 14805
Brianja

C4S is my favorite 991 flavor. Love the color choices including the wheels. Enjoy!
post #9589 of 14805
Brianja, fantastic choice for the interior color. I think it looks sublime. I was the one who posted the stuff about ADV1 and have no experience with them but just wanted to air out what I'd heard for GreenFrog's research sake. Glad they've worked out for you, they do indeed make some beautiful wheels.
post #9590 of 14805
Nice photos on the C4S, not feeling the ducktail though. Not so hot on the wheels, I think those particular wheels look better on an F430. I like the interior color.
post #9591 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake View Post

Brianja

C4S is my favorite 991 flavor. Love the color choices including the wheels. Enjoy!

Thanks! I waited quite a while for the C4S to be announced and I'm really happy with what they did on it (rear light strip, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndog View Post

Brianja, fantastic choice for the interior color. I think it looks sublime. I was the one who posted the stuff about ADV1 and have no experience with them but just wanted to air out what I'd heard for GreenFrog's research sake. Glad they've worked out for you, they do indeed make some beautiful wheels.

Thanks. Love the interior myself. I even spec'd silver seat belts to match the silver interior trim.

2I5C4761-L.jpg

No problem on the ADV history lesson for GreenFrog. It's important that everyone go into a purchase with their eyes open! I've read through it all before myself and it was a tough choice to go with them vs. HRE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post

Nice photos on the C4S, not feeling the ducktail though. Not so hot on the wheels, I think those particular wheels look better on an F430. I like the interior color.

This is why cars are so great... everyone has their own tastes and can make theirs their own! Porsche takes it to an extreme right from the factory.

The ducktail grows on you. When i first saw it on the C2S i wasn't in love with it and I HATED the revised front bumper that it comes with. After a few months I really warmed up to it and wound up ordering with it.

I think that the ducktail is particularly suited to the C4 because it works with the C4/C4S horizontal rear light strip and emphasizes the width of the car even more.

2I5C4713-L.jpg

It also differentiates the car a bit from the crowd and adds some interest.

2I5C4718-L.jpg

I'd love to see these on an f430, but I think it needs something with spokes that are closer together to go with it's sleeker lines. Maybe the ADV5.2.1SL or the ADV05.1SL. I think the wider, more even spoke spacing on these ADV5.01SL makes them seem a bit sturdier and makes them more suited to sit under that fat P-car rear end.
post #9592 of 14805
We can be the WPM (white porsche mafia) fistbump.gif
post #9593 of 14805
I love the ducktail. A friend just got a 991 C4S as well but with PDK. Apparently the 7MT will blip the engine for you on downshifts in Sport Plus mode.

I saw a 2002 Tii on the street just now:

post #9594 of 14805
This is pretty but needs 15" Alpina wheels. Fast.
post #9595 of 14805
You don't like it, the small wheels?
post #9596 of 14805
There is a nice green one in a lot 10mins away from my place. New Jersey tags
post #9597 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianja View Post

I'd love to see these on an f430, but I think it needs something with spokes that are closer together to go with it's sleeker lines. Maybe the ADV5.2.1SL or the ADV05.1SL. I think the wider, more even spoke spacing on these ADV5.01SL makes them seem a bit sturdier and makes them more suited to sit under that fat P-car rear end.

These are the same wheels in a different finish, right?

post #9598 of 14805
I got coke splattered all over my car and I had to wipe it all off with a damp paper towel.

Something tells me that that was a noob detailing mistake (was in a huge rush and didn't want to address it tomorrow when it'd be all dried up).
post #9599 of 14805
enormous mistake, you'll see tomorrow
post #9600 of 14805
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

enormous mistake, you'll see tomorrow

how should i have cleaned it off? maybe spray water all over it and just let the residual water dry off naturally?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!