or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cars We Drive! - Page 1312

post #19666 of 26365
Dat ZHP!
post #19667 of 26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Both of the later, it had a ping sound every time you passed the limit by 1kph.

Just pass it once then - never go back under.

Traffic usually flows at +/-5 kph the speed limit, so it was fucking constant.
post #19668 of 26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

That's the base MSRP, how do you figure it's fully loaded at that price? Granted, I doubt it'll have all the options of the M4, but there's DCT and there might be some sort of tech/driver's package(s).

Also, I can't imagine anyone getting the M235i with this out - simply adding LSD brings the M235i to 50k. Should be an interesting car - it's ring time slots it in between the F8x and the E9x M cars.

I'll link you the spec sheet when I get home. The only options it had were $500 or so for paint, $2900 for DCT, and like a grand I think for a tech or premium package.

Everything else was standard.
post #19669 of 26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I'll link you the spec sheet when I get home. The only options it had were $500 or so for paint, $2900 for DCT, and like a grand I think for a tech or premium package.

Everything else was standard.

Yup, you're right: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1214045

I guess they literally only had the bare minimum in options. It's an oddly tempting car for some reason. I essentially have two DD's now. An M2 or a Porsche 718 or something is an interesting replacement for the M4, but I have an M3/4 love affair for some reason.
post #19670 of 26365

the BMW two doors never really appeal to me

post #19671 of 26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

the BMW two doors never really appeal to me

You must have a family. #singlelife revolve.gif
post #19672 of 26365
I'm hardly unbiased here, but I find 2-door cars to be a nuisance in general. The doors end up being too wide to be easily handled, and the back seat is more or less useless for quick access to stuff you want to sling back. I'm always willing to have my mind changed, but that's where we are now.

Of course, a pure 2-door, 2-seater convertible--- that's different. biggrin.gif
post #19673 of 26365
I must concede that even as a single dude, a four door is much more convenient. But I prefer dat two door look.
post #19674 of 26365
From a practicality standpoint, 4 doors for sure. I rarely access the rear seat, and if I expect more than 2 people in my car, I don't use the M4. The size of the doors is a pain in the butt when parking though - a lesson I learned the hard way when I moved to Cali.

The M4 is my quasi daily driver, but I rarely use the rear seats on a daily basis and I think the lines, especially with the CSL inspired trunk lid are far better on the M4 than the M3.

I suppose everything that goes into a car comes down to needing some practicality and being willing to sacrifice some practicality.
post #19675 of 26365
Liking wagons makes ones life so much easier.
post #19676 of 26365

Not when you live in 'murica :(

post #19677 of 26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I must concede that even as a single dude, a four door is much more convenient. But I prefer dat two door look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramuman View Post

From a practicality standpoint, 4 doors for sure. I rarely access the rear seat, and if I expect more than 2 people in my car, I don't use the M4.

yup. Even having a dog makes me default to 4 door.

A friend of mind mentioned considering an M2. He completely dismissed the convenience factor as "not important" (his baby is now 4 weeks old ... not sure how to break the news that yes, convenience will become everything).
post #19678 of 26365

Got a weird question for  y'all. I just had my car worked on and had new o2 sensors put in both slots and had the knock sensor fixed. The check engine light is alternating between being on and off now for no good reason. I need to run to autozone when it's on so I can get the code read, but it's not predictable. Any idea what it could be?

02 impreza.

post #19679 of 26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
 

Got a weird question for  y'all. I just had my car worked on and had new o2 sensors put in both slots and had the knock sensor fixed. The check engine light is alternating between being on and off now for no good reason. I need to run to autozone when it's on so I can get the code read, but it's not predictable. Any idea what it could be?

02 impreza.


Asking in the wrong places buddy.

 

- Have you tried the "Dash light Flash" trick?

I suspect your mechanic installed new sensors without resetting the ECU to pre light warning.

Youtube is your friend here.

post #19680 of 26365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrift Vader View Post
 


Asking in the wrong places buddy.

 

- Have you tried the "Dash light Flash" trick?

I suspect your mechanic installed new sensors without resetting the ECU to pre light warning.

Youtube is your friend here.

 

It goes off and on though, when before repair it was a constant on. It looks like it's storing the code and it keeps giving it a reason to show it. I think I'll be able to get the code read to see what's going on. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Cars We Drive!