Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5844post #87646 of 1176662/24/13 at 6:11pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #87647 of 1176662/24/13 at 6:16pmQuote:
cool beans. i really like diaphanous scarves. i have a big green silk one from nonnative - was tempted to buy that damir one but i have both the green and red in the tshirt already... but if u ever want to get rid of it you know who to pm
was p good bread, man. had it with some spanish serrano prosciutto and some smoked gruyere and olives and some herbage and vino. good times chillin w friends, nomsain?post #87648 of 1176662/24/13 at 6:32pmpost #87649 of 1176662/24/13 at 6:32pmInHocSignio is one of those recurring themes that made me come back to SF
People just dont have the resolve to look past an obvious troll
They have to set him right on how SW&D works
Meanwhile he is actually dictating the direction of the dialogue. Its brilliant and endlessly entertainingpost #87650 of 1176662/24/13 at 6:36pmpost #87651 of 1176662/24/13 at 7:00pmpost #87652 of 1176662/24/13 at 7:01pmpost #87653 of 1176662/24/13 at 7:02pmpost #87654 of 1176662/24/13 at 7:20pmpost #87655 of 1176662/24/13 at 7:35pmpost #87656 of 1176662/24/13 at 8:44pmpost #87657 of 1176662/24/13 at 8:45pmpost #87658 of 1176662/24/13 at 8:55pm
guys what the fuck is this shitQuote:Hi SVB,
I have to say that I am a little disappointed to find that you agreed with the statement that "posters with a condescending tone and faux politeness are way worse than actual assholes" -- a comment that was obviously directed at me. Not because that's a false statement; I just don't want to come off that way, if I am indeed coming off that way. I don't believe my tone is condescending, and I really do try to be polite out of training, not falsity. I'm not concerned because of who wrote it -- random posters on SF are a dime-a-dozen, I could care less -- but because you are a senior member, someone both of whose fashion and posting style I respect quite a bit. If I'm coming off that way to you, that really does bother me.
If you have any short advice for me, of how I might improve my interactions that thread, or in general, I would appreciate it. Have I had a negative interaction with you that you remember particularly? If you're too busy to respond, or this simply isn't worth your time, I can understand that too.
PS: One reason I'm surprised you agreed is because I remember you were treated quite poorly in that thread once. I can't quite remember the fit, but you posted some new thing you tried, and were just blasted by someone saying it just didn't work right with the shoes or the jacket or something. I remember thinking to myself, "Does WAYWT really have to work that way?" But neither am I a crusader, either; if WAYWT has been working like that, it's been working, and I've never thought I'm in any position to make demands on it.
Thanks for reading,
InHocSigniopost #87659 of 1176662/24/13 at 8:56pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1233 Active Users (285 Members and 948 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 3 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › How do I obtain this fit? 12 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 12 minutes ago
- › 200k Push-Ups in 2016 13 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 15 minutes ago
- › Help! Tom Ford Tuxedo lapel asymmetrical! Can it be fixed? 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...