or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 4184  

post #62746 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

350x467px-LL-a08080ea_IMG_2242.jpeg

Missoni/balenthiaga/clarks.  Been trying to figure out how to do the ugly sweater thing.

Something about this feels off. I think it's mostly the jeans, which don't look flattering. Perhaps it's the angle, but the lower leg looks too wide to stack like that; looks sloppy. Knit pattern is subdued for the brand, but because of the jeans, I get more of a middle age man trying to be trendy vibe from it. I'd probably ditch the tee underneath and opt for a tank/A-shirt if you must have something underneath.
post #62747 of 117670
less monochrome, less clarks, more weird. pink jeans. white sneakers. word.
post #62748 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingJulien View Post

350x467px-LL-a08080ea_IMG_2242.jpeg

Missoni/balenthiaga/clarks.  Been trying to figure out how to do the ugly sweater thing.

I'm not sure I like that pattern, but with some trousers it might look nice. Those jeans are too matchy with the sweater in color. As played, the shoes need to be darker or greyer because you've got the drab faded thing going all the way down except the shoes.

edit- I know these are sold out but some kind of funky unis chinos like these oxblood would be cool with that IMO.

link
post #62749 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

:puzzled: sarcasm detector... beep, beep.... beep

I'm not sure if TFK is being sarcastic, but I kinda thought dad jeans had re-entered SW&D. I see Patrik Ervell in washed out 80's Levis all the time, and I admit that I'm trying to emulate the way he wears them.


Don't get caught up in SF groupthink.  Especially if that would involve dad jeans.
 

 

post #62750 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post

867
WWM
our legacy
steve alan
vtg levis
cons
New shirt. Awesome-ugly or ugly-ugly? I swear to god I used to have a couch upholstered with this same material...The jacket/blazer is a recent purchase too, and while I like the material, I think its a bit on the short side.
Detail shots and close-ups below: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
867
692
663
663


Gettoasty is that you?
post #62751 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike868y View Post

this is great.

smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post

I'm not sure if TFK is being sarcastic, but I kinda thought dad jeans had re-entered SW&D. I see Patrik Ervell in washed out 80's Levis all the time, and I admit that I'm trying to emulate the way he wears them.

it's not that they're washed out... they just don't look good.
post #62752 of 117670
I think the jeans look fine. They're slim/tapered enough for me to not confuse them with the vast majority of dad's jeans. Of course, I also like Ervell in his washed out Levi's. It's more early 90s to me than it is "dad jeans".
post #62753 of 117670
I'm pretty sure its the super washed out look, which is reminiscent of the 90's, gives it that "dad" look. If you took the same jean but in a dark, raw material, I don't think anyone would say anything about it.

someone get this guy some apcs.
post #62754 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDHagg View Post


Don't get caught up in SF groupthink.  Especially if that would involve dad jeans.
 

 



went to like this comment, then realized hagg wrote it.

#moral crisis :(

post #62755 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabonator View Post

Cute dog. Is it a bichon frise?

i thought you were being ridiculously sarcastic about Guy Burgess' cat...

fit from a long time ago (they're kind of all the same...)

525
post #62756 of 117670
The "dad jeans" would have looked better if they had a little more length.
post #62757 of 117670

just FYI, my dad looks fucking amazing in dad jeans

post #62758 of 117670
The wash alone isn't what makes dad jeans dad jeans, guys.
post #62759 of 117670
....I always thought dad jeans were the fit....confused.gif
post #62760 of 117670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

puzzled.gif sarcasm detector... beep, beep.... beep
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWorksheets View Post

I'm not sure if TFK is being sarcastic, but I kinda thought dad jeans had re-entered SW&D. I see Patrik Ervell in washed out 80's Levis all the time, and I admit that I'm trying to emulate the way he wears them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apparition View Post

I'm pretty sure its the super washed out look, which is reminiscent of the 90's, gives it that "dad" look. If you took the same jean but in a dark, raw material, I don't think anyone would say anything about it.
someone get this guy some apcs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrida26 View Post




went to like this comment, then realized hagg wrote it.


#moral crisis frown.gif

ahhahahahhahahahahahhahahaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread