• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Whats with celebrities at red carpet events and long pants?

Exit English

Reaction score
I was just checking out this blog and all I notice is how many of the celebrities walking the red carpet at the Grammys have terribly long pants with ridiculous pools of fabric bunching up at their ankles. You would think that someone like the Jonas Brothers would be able to get someone to go ahead and hem those up before the show, no?

http://www.theurbangent.com/2010/02/...52nd.html#more

harryx2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
its because they hire idiots to dress them up.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
They are also VERY VERY short, and are likely wearing off the rack.

cnh121

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessbaumung
I was just checking out this blog and all I notice is how many of the celebrities walking the red carpet at the Grammys have terribly long pants with ridiculous pools of fabric bunching up at their ankles. You would think that someone like the Jonas Brothers would be able to get someone to go ahead and hem those up before the show, no?

http://www.theurbangent.com/2010/02/...52nd.html#more

Actually, Nick Jonas was one of the very few people I saw putting forth a respectable effort at the Grammys. Sure his sleeves and pants were slightly too long, and he had no waist covering, but compared to almost everyone else, he was doing well.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by butterflystyle
They are also VERY VERY short, and are likely wearing off the rack.

Trousers are one of the few things that can easily fit short people OTR, because it is so easy just to hem them shorter. You would think these celebrities could afford $10 to have a pair of trousers hemmed...

E.Said

Reaction score
Maybe they did but then they decided to wear their pants lower.
I mean I saw one guy there who wasn't wearing a belt with his gray suit, I mean even if you don't need one it is a pretty important accessory imo.

Most of those guys don't look like they know what they are doing.

E.Said

Reaction score
Originally Posted by E.Said

Case in point :p

Also his species is just trying to greet the human race. No need to be judgemental :p

well... a little need.

Acephale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Actually, the real reason is because their clothes are provided free through deals sourced by their agents, and they have to return them after the event.
Yup... and plain and simple marketing/product placement even if the clothes don't fit (and as anyone has ever done a fashion shoot will understand why duct tape and bulldog clips are a stylists best fiend).

Spats

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by E.Said
Maybe they did but then they decided to wear their pants lower.

This. These guys are HOW old, and have been wearing WHAT (jeans) all their young lives? So, what is the first thing you do when you put on a pair of tailored trousers after wearing jeans all your life? Right. Shove 'em back down onto your hips. Or go buy incos (training pants).

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say it's more then just there pants, all around things were way too big on them. I appricate them trying to class it up a bit but it seemed like a lot of them were trying to hard and out of their elements. Just because you throw on a suit your not looking good unless it fits well and you feel comfortable and confident in it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads