Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:26 am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread - Page 564post #8446 of 1675911/30/12 at 6:58ampost #8447 of 1675911/30/12 at 7:31ampost #8448 of 1675911/30/12 at 7:33amShark- I am dropping your stuff off today. Please contain the beast. I would hate to see your stuff ruined. Me and Mia laugh every time we drive by your house, now.post #8449 of 1675911/30/12 at 7:41ampost #8450 of 1675911/30/12 at 7:45ampost #8451 of 1675911/30/12 at 8:15ampost #8452 of 1675911/30/12 at 8:17ampost #8453 of 1675911/30/12 at 8:17ampost #8454 of 1675911/30/12 at 8:19ampost #8455 of 1675911/30/12 at 8:36ampost #8456 of 1675911/30/12 at 10:12ampost #8457 of 1675911/30/12 at 10:21amIt's not a dumb question at.
Whole garment construction is seamless. It's made as a "whole garment". It wastes less yarn and drapes better for certain pieces. It really shouldn't rip because the is no linking involved.
Full Fashion construction is sew in panels and then linked together. So when you sweaters rips that's why. The linking gives out. The pros to full fashion are intarsia and plackets. I can go deeper into the whole system later. I have to met a chick for lunch and drop RDK off. We just finished his suit.post #8458 of 1675911/30/12 at 10:26am
Yeah, I'd love to hear more. But when I look at my shirts, they seem to be linked together, put together in different pieces? Is there a difference to what you're referencing compared to full fashion? Also, I'm assuming full fashion can be more like an assembly line where they make different parts, and then assemble them together. Where as whole garment maybe more personal, where it's put together in one spot?
Tell RKD to take pics of his suit...post #8459 of 1675911/30/12 at 11:14ami will soon ... patience is a virtue.
been super busy with the new job and then got sick after thanksgivnig dinner with mauro and his fam and friends. i blame the ridiculous amount of food!!!
but anyway i had to meet with mauro during my lunch break for final tweaking on the suit. i should get it back in a week or somethign when mauro's back from LA, then ill post pics
in the meantime, quick pics of mauro in his knicker suit, cashmere sweater, and old school run of shirts with wolverine 1000 mile boots
quick pic of me in the size medium (sized up 1) wine henley ... if you are a skinny asian or have a small chest, sizing up 1 NOT 2 is all that is needed. its very stretchy and this was right out of the vinyl
size small (normal size) wine t-shirt
size small BD pinpoint spread collar shirts (AMAZING) ... excuse the wrinkles since this was straight from vinyl packagingpost #8460 of 1675911/30/12 at 11:20ammore of what has already been said ... these t-shirts are the softest things ever. feels more like pajama/lounge wear haha. the colors are great too and the pics online and posted do not show justice. it has a great speckled contrast throughout. navy, charcoal, wine all look great. i agree about a beefier rib at the arm hole though for next season and a slimmer arm throughout which mauro and i discussed. regardless these are a steal at the $30ish price for toteholders
for the henleys, i only have to size up 1. once you move in it and it stretches a bit, its more form fitting. sizing up 2 if you want a looser fit. ive owned all of mauro's previous henley/thermals and this is by far the best. the most substantial feel and fabric to date. its a great weight that feels thick and warm but yet soft and stretchy and perfect for layering
lastly, the new spread collar shirts are perfect for work. he also has the same two colors/fabric in button down collars as well. staple for any work/business casual wardrobe. the sheen and texture of the blue especially is great and on point. the fabric is 120-2ply or something like that ... mauro can chime in but its a great weight and feel
This thread is locked
- The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
- › The Home Ownership Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 2 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 2 minutes ago
- › A.P.C. New Standard, Raw Selvedge Indigo, Size 32 3 minutes ago
- › The Grim Reaper - Conne's Obituary Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...