• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another car poll: G37 vs. 335i

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Opinions/first-hand accounts welcome. FWIW, insurance is a small consideration (i.e. if the insurance on one will be significantly less than the other).

btinl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
335i all the way. I test drove both and although both cars are nice, I now own a 335xi.

dave

Reaction score
of the 2 I'd go 335 as well based purely on styling. I just can't warm up to the new infiniti design language. Bimmers aren't my cup either really but the 3 series is the best of them atm.

my dad had an infiniti i35 several years ago and it was a very nice car to drive and a few years ago when i bought my CTS i test drove the G35 and liked it very much. even with all that said though, having little BMW experience I'd still go 3 series out of the 2.

now if you open it up beyond those 2 cars, that's a whole other story...

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave

now if you open it up beyond those 2 cars, that's a whole other story...

Like what? I'm looking for something fast, sporty and somewhat practical for no more than $50k (Canadian) before taxes.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can also look at the 2010 Audi S4. The base model is about $46K in US, not sure what the MSRP in Canada is. Are you thinking of leasing or buying?

BlackMesa

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't know if the 335is in your region have the standard sport suspension, because in combination with the runflat tires, it gives a backbreaking ride on cobbled streets.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
335 is, imo, better than the G37. However, I would never buy one because its so common around here. You can't drive to the mall without seeing three on your way and another five in the parking lot
plain.gif

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackMesa
I don't know if the 335is in your region have the standard sport suspension, because in combination with the runflat tires, it gives a backbreaking ride on cobbled streets.

cobbled streets? are you sure they have cars in your city?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is hilarious, I'm currently in the process of checking out both these cars (as CPO), with plans of also looking at the 328, and Lexus IS (other than styling, this car is the last on my list of interest). I've only had the opportunity to test the G37, I was pretty impressed with it's demeanor, especially it's acceleration for an auto V6. I was planning on checking out the Bimmers this weekend. At this point, I'm a little skeptical about maintenance (only based on hear-say, not experience), but I refuse to rule the 3 series out of the equation.

As I see it, better car and better buy are rather subjective.

From most of the reports I've seen, the G sedan is the better buy, however the Bimmer is the better car.

BlackMesa

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
cobbled streets? are you sure they have cars in your city?

Yes. It may surprise you that many cities in Europe have such roads. Have you driven it under such conditions?

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
I think this should be moved to dumb threads just because it's a no brainer. The three-series and especially the 335i is the class leader.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
I'm kind of surprised by the overwhelming push for the 335. I've been inside the G37 and a 328 (not the 335, though), and the G37 was so much more luxurious...and with 300+ HP and 0-60 in 5.5, wasn't sacrificing much performance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads