• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many meters did you swim today?

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the style of the 'How many miles did you run today?' thread I present to you this new and exciting thread. This morning I swam for the firts time in a long while. About 1200 meters (or 2/3th of a mile).

Elmo

Reaction score
I do 30 minutes in a 25 meter pool. I don't count laps.

I add a 4 mile walk [slow] to the effort.

Laffertron

Reaction score
300. Not much but I'm still starting out. Trying to do a session before and after work, but only did one today. The benefits of living in an apartment complex with a pool - nobody uses it. It's like having your own private pool that you don't have to look after.

Swimming makes you feel great!

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
2,500 every MWF. 10K is insane. Does Michael Phelps swim that much?

PITAronin

Reaction score
Not really sure about distance in meters (though I could probably work it out) but have been trying to get into a fairly regular schedule of alternating days doing lap swimming (1 hour sessions) with running (75-90 minutes). Six days of alternating the two, and then a day of rest/stretching.

Feeling good and not nearly as affected by the minor aches and strains I was prone to when I was into a pretty much consistent running regimen.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
on average 2500-3000 per day mon-fri now that water polo is over

Which pool? I've been swimming at the Rose Bowl but I've missed the last month. I was also thinking of playing with the master water polo group on Sundays.

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
~1000. but i've been cutting back on frequency lately; i need to get back into the routine

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Althis
on average 2500-3000 per day mon-fri now that water polo is over

You are a brave man. I used to do water polo. After a while, the morning swims tax your soul. Pretty violent too.

Intelligent Design

Reaction score
I'd be interested to know if any of the swimmers posting here are using swimming aids.

For myself, I'm going to try to get it up to 2kms (no aids). If I can manage that 3 times a week I'll be happy.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if i can get to 500m (with breaks) its a good day. i cant ******* swim for **** and ive even taken lessons and it pisses me off

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads